What do you really wear??

This thread has been helpful for me since my family (me, DH, DD 14, DS 6,& DD 3) leave on the Wonder December 4 for our first DCL. Now that I know of have a grasp on day to day wear and evening wear, I have to know, what do people(adults, teens, and children) REALLY wear on pirate night? Does everyone really wear a full pirate costume from the Halloween store?

I was surprised at how many fully dressed up pirates there were! I'd say 80% of passengers on our cruise wore the Disney bandanna at a minimum and then maybe 40% had on a lot more than that. I was impressed with how into it so many people were. Especially since we also had a separate full Halloween night where people also fully dressed up. I was impressed with the energy and excitement of pirate night and look forward to it on our next cruise. This was on the Magic.

This thread has been helpful for me since my family (me, DH, DD 14, DS 6,& DD 3) leave on the Wonder December 4 for our first DCL. Now that I know of have a grasp on day to day wear and evening wear, I have to know, what do people(adults, teens, and children) REALLY wear on pirate night? Does everyone really wear a full pirate costume from the Halloween store?

Hi! We are on the same cruise! For pirate night my husband will wear his Pirates of the Caribbean shirt from WDW. My toddler is going to wear her Tinkerbell dress. If I can find something to pull it off, I'm going to dress as Wendy.

On our last cruise people wore everything from regular clothes to full blown Jack Sparrow costumes. Most kids had at least a pirate T-shirt or other pirate outfit. There were lots of Tinkerbell/Peter Pan combos. Wear what is comfortable for you. My husband and parents would never wear a costume, but my DH will at least wear his Pirates tshirt. I am all about dressing up and my toddler isn't old enough to voice an opinion so we will be in costume.

I found this blog and the adults wore tshirts and red sashes. I think her blog must have lots of page views because our costumes were definitely not unique.

DD wore an actual pirate Halloween costume.

Im a over packer. I can plan out what I want to wear each day, but what if I change my mind? So I pack a couple of extra outfits just incase, what if I spill coffee?. I pack for the cruise similar stuff that I would wear in the parks, capris and nice tops but then I would change into something nice for dinner. DH did the same and the kids we did that too. DH and DS switched to collared shirts for dinner and when it was formal night etc we followed that.

Daytime shorts and T shirts or swimsuit. Dinners khakis and a button down or polo shirt and on the formal night I go with a button down shirt with a tie and black pants. Shoes are a pair of nicer webbed sandals that I wear during the day and at dinners, I wear my pants long so they are mostly covered up. I do take a pair of running shoes for running and if a shore excursion needs them. Night time I change back into my daytime attire and where a hoodie at the shoes and outside.

7 day cruise

Dinner clothes pack 3 or 4 shirts and 2 or 3 pairs of pants and rotate to make them last the week. Other clothes vary depending on where the cruise is, warmer cruises I go through a shirt a day. But I tend to reuse shorts and shirts for multiple days if they are still clean and fresh smelling;)

We have packed lighter and lighter each year it seems:)

This is one of my costumes.Image (7).jpg

Daytime shorts and T shirts or swimsuit. Dinners khakis and a button down or polo shirt and on the formal night I go with a button down shirt with a tie and black pants. Shoes are a pair of nicer webbed sandals that I wear during the day and at dinners, I wear my pants long so they are mostly covered up. I do take a pair of running shoes for running and if a shore excursion needs them. Night time I change back into my daytime attire and where a hoodie at the shoes and outside.

7 day cruise

Dinner clothes pack 3 or 4 shirts and 2 or 3 pairs of pants and rotate to make them last the week. Other clothes vary depending on where the cruise is, warmer cruises I go through a shirt a day. But I tend to reuse shorts and shirts for multiple days if they are still clean and fresh smelling;)

We have packed lighter and lighter each year it seems:)

I'm very similar: During the day I wear shorts, sandals, and either a T-shirt or Disney Aloha shirt. I wear pants/shorts 2-3 times per cruise, but I also like a clean shirt each day. For most evenings I alternate two pairs of khakis and two Disney polo shirts. On Pirate Night I wear a pirate themed Aloha shirt. For Formal Night we like to dress up so I wear a lightweight tux, and often wear it again for semi-formal night so I get more wear out of it for the space and weight of taking it. I usually walk 3 miles each morning so take exercise clothing as well. This all fits into a single 28" suitcase.

DW takes a different outfit for each day and evening, but since she likes sunning by the pool she spends most of her time in a swimsuit and therefore always tends to overpack. She likes to wear a Halloween style pirate outfit on Pirate Night. However, she still gets it all into a single suitcase as well.

Shorts and or bathing suite during day, nice shorts evening.. Flips and boat shoes. Each a small suite case for 7 days. Florida life tends to casual dress, and besides, we are on vacation.

I ordered DD a pirate Minnie dress online with her name on it. She wore it with a bandanna, hook and sword. I wore a black dress with a sash, sword, eye patch, boots and bandanna. DH wore black pants, sandals, white shirt (ripped up) a sash and a sword, eye patch and compass, oh and a bandanna. It looked put together and we spent less than $50 on everything including the custom dress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter