What do you really think about T Rex

I love it! I have eaten there twice- dont remember what the first time, but last time I had a huge amazing yummy burger. I love the atmosphere too. I'll definitely be eating there again in Sept for my solo trip- no kids needed to talk me into eating there!

We just got back and we enjoyed our experience. We ordered the ribs and my son ordered the shrimp. The food came promptly and was hot and tasty.

My son and daughter loved sitting in the ice cave. There is a lot going on in the restaurant with the lighting, sounds and movement of the dinos so your kids have to like that sort of thing.

We ordered the extinction dessert and my son loved the volcano in the middle (dry ice).

Our server was great and we told him so..... my kids order a lot on the side such as sauces, coleslaw etc and all their requests were met and all drinks were refilled.

My son loves geology so he cracked a geode from the shop.

We would go again :)

Made a reservation at T Rex but am having some apprehension now because I read somewhere their steaks were nasty. Thought it looked like a wide variety of choices for our family of 13. But have one really picky eater who really wanted to have a good steak dinner that night. Is our first day of arrival so need a restaurant outside the parks. Also want it to be only 1 table service. Any ideas?? Opinions of T Rex wanted.
If you like:
Rainforest Cafe
Chili's
Red Lobster
Friday's
then you'll be fine with T. Rex
DH LOVES!!!!!!!!!!!!it and I can never find anything I like let alone love but after a cotton-tini (YUM!!!!) I can eat a salad and some of his appetizers and be happy.
Also, it's more an experience than a food haven. It's loud, but really the animatronics are so special kids and adults appreciate them!

The hamburgers were good but I dont know about steak. For 1 credit outside the parks you might try Captains Grill at the Yacht Club. It isnt the Yachtmans Steak House, but the steak was good.

2 trips ago we decided to stay at a non Disney resort on property (waldord astoria) and did not book any meals. We arrived at DTD around 5 or 5:30 pm, just planning to do Earl of Sandwich or WPE, and Trex (which had been completely booked) was magically wide open! We REALLY liked it. The prices weren't too bad (similar to the Rainforest Cafe) and the theming was super de duper cute! We also thought the food was pretty good; better than the RFCafe in my opinion).

If you're going for the theme you'll love it.

If you're going for the food, and have an experience like us, you'll hate it. The food was overcooked and bland. We walked out asking ourselves how much we paid for that

Ate at T Rex this week.

I ordered the steak. It was okay, but kind of chewy.

Mind you, I had eaten super delicious steak at San Angel the day before and melt in your mouth tender steak from Le Cellier the day before that. So, kind of an unfair comparison I guess.

All in all, We won't go back to T Rex. The food was okay. The service was good. But it was just too loud for my family. Which, I knew it would be, but we still wanted to try it.

We had a really good meal there 2 weeks ago. Portions were huge, service was good, wasn't more loud than I expected it to be.

We ate there this past May and we were pleasantly surprised with the food. We took our 5 year old grandson who is a dinosaur nut. We figured the theming would be great (which it was), but the food was better than we expected. We started off with an appetizer sampler which was huge. It came with quesadillas, ribs, wings and maybe something else - don't remember. I had the lasagna which I thought was really good and the portions were huge.

The biggest drawback was the noise. It got really noisy during the meteor shower and the animals went crazy. I remember we ate right next to a big wooly mammoth.

Overall, it was a good meal, not great, but worth the trip at least once, especially if you have a little kid or two...

Jim

Been there twice. Will never eat there again. It's as bad as Rainforest Cafe.

T-rex is really cool! The food isn't as great as the cool atmosphere in my opinion though.

We went this past December and would not recommend it to anyone. The food was sub-par at best and you couldn't hear yourself think it was so loud. The kids thought it cool at first, but after 2 hours of constant loud noise and annoying light flashes, we were all really glad when the check came.

Made a reservation at T Rex but am having some apprehension now because I read somewhere their steaks were nasty. Thought it looked like a wide variety of choices for our family of 13. But have one really picky eater who really wanted to have a good steak dinner that night. Is our first day of arrival so need a restaurant outside the parks. Also want it to be only 1 table service. Any ideas?? Opinions of T Rex wanted.

We ate at T-REX about 2 weeks ago. I had the steak and it was fine. Not the best I've ever had, but it was good. I think my wife had the chicken / ribs and they were very good (and filling).

We don't really go for the food...its more for the experience and atmosphere. What we do is order the countdown to extinction and all share the dessert (it fed 8 people) its the best route I think :-)

If you like:
Rainforest Cafe
Chili's
Red Lobster
Friday's
then you'll be fine with T. Rex

:thumbsup2 But you don't go to those restaurants for steak. If you want steak, go to a steakhouse.

It's like any other themed restaurant or dinner show...you shouldn't expect gourmet food. Expect an interesting, unique dining environment and hope you get a decent meal.

We had the burgers and quesadillas and thought they were better than expected... Better than Friday's burgers.

:thumbsup2 But you don't go to those restaurants for steak. If you want steak, go to a steakhouse.

It's like any other themed restaurant or dinner show...you shouldn't expect gourmet food. Expect an interesting, unique dining environment and hope you get a decent meal.

We had the burgers and quesadillas and thought they were better than expected... Better than Friday's burgers.

Exactly! It is what it is... A themed restaurant at WDW that serves decent, not great food. Personally, I wouldn't go to a place like T-Rex and order a steak, I'd stick with something like burgers or pasta.

It's not Shula's or even Le Cellier and doesn't try to be. The food isn't bad, but no, they don't have a melt in your mouth Filet Mignon. WDW does have good steaks or Seafood if that's what you're looking for, but Shula's or Narcoosee"s doesn't have dinosaurs...

Jim

when we had dinner at T-Rex in June Ds and I had the ribs and enjoyed them very much. I'd definately eat there again.

If you want to go for the atmosphere/experience, then go, if you are just thinking the food is great - then you might want to think twice. But actually, everyone has an opinion, and only you can tell what yours will be, after you go ;)

We hated the flashing lights, plus our food was only very so-so. We didn't find the portions that large as half of our platters were french fries, which we didn't eat much of. Again, we all have opinions, only yours count for you :) We have no plans to go back though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter