What do you pack for the parks?

ehlander

Mouseketeer
hi, just wondering what sort of items folks bring into the parks? Sunscreen seems a given, but curious what else? My husband I plan to carry hip packs (either one or two), and our two DD are 8 and 7 years old. I thought we would buy water as we get thirsty and we do not plan to stay all day in the parks, but take a break after lunch.

Thanks!

sunscreen, 3 filtered water bottles, 3 snacks, a big box or bag of medicine that covers just about any malady, coins for pressed pennies, glasses wipes, lip balm, phone charging brick, and a wallet containing everyone IDs and cards.

hi, just wondering what sort of items folks bring into the parks? Sunscreen seems a given, but curious what else? My husband I plan to carry hip packs (either one or two), and our two DD are 8 and 7 years old. I thought we would buy water as we get thirsty and we do not plan to stay all day in the parks, but take a break after lunch.

What I don't need to lug around:
- cups of ice water are free at all quick service counters.
- tylenol, allergy stuff, ibuprofin, band aids, etc are all free at first aid.
- sunscreen. I don't usually stay around the parks for high sun so I can get to this after I leave, my allergies also cause skin irritations and it doesn't mix well with sunscreen so i'm more a loose clothing that looks like I'm dressed wrong as it's the most comfortable with sun for

Seasons where it's warm in morning and evenings:

daughter, phone, magicband, wallet (various discount cards that work around disney+id needed for discounts and medical cards), some pocket money and cigarettes is generally all I bring to the parks.

Seasons or days I think a change of clothes might be wise:

same as above + a change of clothes, especially socks in a small bag that I locker at the front of the park. sometimes I'll put in some form of an electrolyte drink for the ride home in the locker as well.

bandaids, pain relievers

These are free from first aid if you didn't know.

it propose a rebuttal to the bandage statements I would pack at least a few as they take up no room. I was on a bus last trip little boy had somehow cut his finger on the bus and was bleeding (not horrible but still enough to be annoying) and his mom didn't have any bandages but luckily I did and handed some over. I consider it vacation saved :) but I'm clumsy and am likely to scrape my knees at least once during a trip.

Ibuprofen (for those moments I get whip lashed on EE and Space Mountain)
Sunscreen (don't leave your hotel room without it!!!)
Ponchos (take it from me, I'm a Floridian, one minute it's sunny, the next there are torrential rains)
Refillable mugs (because we are too darn lazy to take them back to the hotel or too pressed for time)
Wipes (I'm a clean freak)
Small talcum powder (soaks up the sweat ;) )
Small pair of scissors (you never know)
Water bottles
Anti-bacterial gel
Chapstick, mascara, light make-up
Change of clothes (in case I have a later ADR and can't make it back to my on-property resort in time to change)
Photo ID
My Annual Passholder ID (for discounts on souvenirs and such)
And an extra credit card (in case my Magic Band doesn't work or worse - I've maxed out my credit, lol)

Magic Band
Phone
Sunscreen
Card-Sized Itinerary
Strap for Glasses (more needed at Universal than Disney)
Ibuprofen
Emergency Poncho
1 Credit Card
Small Amount of Cash

I carry a lot, but much of it is to deal with my allergies/asthma. I carry:

sunscreen
kleenex
lip balm with spf
meds: advil, immodium, allergy drugs, inhalers
band-aids--Yeah, you can get them in the parks, but you may have to hike a bit to get to the First Aid station. I'd rather not have to do that.
mole skin pre- cut to various sizes
rain poncho
credit cards, ID, and a little cash
cell phone and a portable charger
wet wipes
hand sanitizer

Travel sized packages of baby wipes. My kids touch everything, and they are 5 & 9. I usually have a few band aids, my camera, i d, a little cash, our debit card, sun screen, a couple granola or z bars and chap stick.

I take what fits in my pockets (we visit in June):

2 or 3 bandaids (at least one of them is a blister band-aid)
A few Motrin or Aleve tablets (in a snack-size bag -- no lugging bottles of stuff "just in case". We'll get it at First Aid if we need it.)
Lip gloss
Tiny bottle of sunscreen with a carabiner clip that hangs from a belt loop (we apply in the morning and then reapply when we're back at our room in the afternoon)
A few tissues (or a "pocket pack" if someone has an ongoing runny/stuffy nose issue that day)
Credit card and ID (I was asked for ID every time I wanted to use my Disney Visa discount on our trip last summer)
A little bit of cash (<$20)
Portable cell phone charger
A Shout Wipe and a Hand Wipe
A disposable rain poncho
A small print out of our FPs & ADRs for the day so I don't have to constantly look at my phone.
A disposable grocery bag (great for covering a wet seat and keeping your pants dry) and a small ziploc bag.

I also used to carry our insurance cards but now I just take a picture of each of them so I have the information on my phone without adding 5-7 more cards to my wallet/pocket.

Ponchos
Small wallet (w/1 credit card, driver's license and $20 cash)
Small pill box w/meds
Camera
Phone
Portable Charger
Autograph book & pen
Printout of my daily plan (touring plan, ADR #s, etc...)
Travel pack of wet wipes
Ziplock bags
Sunscreen

I think that's it. Everything fits in a small lightweight backpack.

I didn't know you could get Advil and such for free at first aid. Good to know!

We typically have sunglasses, my wallet (HA!), sunscreen, hand sanitizer, refillable mugs (see J'Adore Disney comment), band aids, advil, prescription meds, phone and portable charger. Sometimes a hat.

What I don't need to lug around:
- cups of ice water are free at all quick service counters.
- tylenol, allergy stuff, ibuprofin, band aids, etc are all free at first aid.
- sunscreen. I don't usually stay around the parks for high sun so I can get to this after I leave, my allergies also cause skin irritations and it doesn't mix well with sunscreen so i'm more a loose clothing that looks like I'm dressed wrong as it's the most comfortable with sun for

Seasons where it's warm in morning and evenings:

daughter, phone, magicband, wallet (various discount cards that work around disney+id needed for discounts and medical cards), some pocket money and cigarettes is generally all I bring to the parks.

Seasons or days I think a change of clothes might be wise:

same as above + a change of clothes, especially socks in a small bag that I locker at the front of the park. sometimes I'll put in some form of an electrolyte drink for the ride home in the locker as well.

These are free from first aid if you didn't know.
Thanks, I did know but I like to have it at the ready to keep moving:)

Why do y'all bring sunscreen? Don't you apply it before you leave the room?
If my red head/so pale he's transparent skinned DH can make it without reapplying all day anyone can

the last time I packed sunscreen into the park with me I was on medication saying I should avoid excessive sun exposure so I didn't want to risk anything. If I went in summer I'd def reapply often just to be cautious.

I bring my phone and a small zip ID case with $20, CC, and ID and sometimes Tums. We apply sunblock before we leave the room. If it doesn't fit in my pockets, I don't need it. If I think I'll need my rain jacket, I'll bring it and tie it around my waist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter