• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you never enter the park without?

Tickets
Money
Room Card Keys
Camera
Ponchos
diapers
wipes
change of clothes for kids
sunglasses

Just got back on Saturday. Don't forget an empty water bottle, you can fill up for free at all counter service areas. Paper and pen for the must have autographs.

MONEY! Money, Money and Money! ... and don't forget to bring a little cash! ;)
TICKETS!
COMFORTABLE SHOES
HAT (for sun and rain)
If it's summer bring one of those personal battery powered fan/misters. :idea: You can get them at any Wallmart for 1/5th the price as Disney sells them for. They REALLY help in the hot Florida weather. Off season you can do without.

You'll be on your feet ALL DAY! If you've never done Disney you won't believe how sore your legs and feet will get. So we always travel as LIGHT as possible and make sure your shoes are very comfortable. (Expect blisters if they're not :sad1: ) I also suggest a fanny pack so you don't have to carry a bag or purse. And if it's summer i suggest one for the men as well. There's nothing worse then keys and a wallet chaffing your legs in the 100 degree heat and humidity. Photos? A camera is OK but remember it's something else you have to carry all day. Bring one that fits in the fanny bag. A Disney World trip is a vacation like no other. It's fun and exciting ... it's NOT relaxing!!!! If you try to do it all and go in without a plan it can be exhausting and frustrating. So do your homework, (as you are) and have a game plan. If you're going "on season" I suggest buying an unofficial Disney World book because some have tried and true touring plans that WILL help shorten your time in lines. So I think the most important things to do are to stay cool, keep hydrated, have a touring PLAN and TRAVEL LIGHT! I can't believe the tons of stuff I've seen people go into the parks with!! They ALWAYS looked stressed out! :rolleyes: So IMO it's very important to travel light and most importantly ... HAVE FUN!!! :thumbsup2

I usually carry:

a small hand towel (PakTowel)
several empty ziploc bags (varying sizes) and a small piece of tin foil
Ibuprofen, Immodium, and a few band aids
camera with extra battery
video camera with extra battery and DVD's
tix, id, and credit card in lanyard in my front pocket
small tube of hand sanitizer, small resealable wet ones wipes
sunglasses, chap stick
ponchos
two frozen bottles of water

Without kids: wallet, cell phone, chapstick; all in pockets or in a silk neckwallet if my pockets aren't secure against pickpockets and wild rides

With kids: the stuff I take without kids plus a fannypack that has two water bottle holders, one water bottle, ponchos for wet rides, epi-pen, antihistimine and a safe snack for my kid with food allergies

• We wear hats and have our sunglasses on strings
  • We'll wash our hands in the nearest bathroom if our hands get dirty; I don't carry wipes or hand sanitizer.
  • We'll stop at the first aid station if we need a bandaid or aspirin.
  • I sometimes take a camera (not a camera bag, just wear it on its strap)

I have a backpack attached to my PWC so I am not actaully carrying anything myself. Camera bag with cameras attaches to arm of chair. Other arm has a bag with snacks, meds and meter. In backpack is ponchos, change of clothes, tools for PWC repairs. Money, tickets, ids etc are on puch around my neck or waist. Small purchases get stowed in backpack as well.

GUM!

Its been said already, but for me, it's worth repeating.

If you are a gum chewer, bring your own, you cannot buy it on property.

For the grownups
Band-aids (blisters, dontcha know...)
Money
Park Tix
Cell phone
Headache medicine

For DS
diapers
wipes
snacks
water cup w/lid

Last trip we had a Macleran stroller organizer which kept DS's things on his stroller and not in my bag. HUGE help.

a positive attitude! :thumbsup2 Let's face it, it's supposed to be the happiest place on earth but things are not always perfect (no matter how much you plan in advance). Roll with the punches and go with the flow.

Having said that (and I said it mostly to myself because I am a control freak and we arrive in 5 days!) I also carry a messenger bag with the following:
little packs of kleenex
band-aids
pain relievers
polysporin - I try to remember to set one aside that is 2/3 used so I can fold it and make it small enough to fit in the little first aid kit I carry
camera & extra batteries and memory card
travel folder with money, credit card, medical insurance cards and passports
We also pack a complete spare outfit in the car.....is my control freak side showing!?!

I am curious about those of you who bring contact lens solution. My DD14 just started wearing contacts and I wanted to know why you bring extra to the parks - is this something she should do (something you learned the hard way was better off having than not having?)? I have never worn contacts or glasses so this is all new to me. Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

and all of these things fit into my cute Harajuku Lovers Belt Bag -- NOT fanny pack, cuz that's just wrong -- it's a belt bag:

beltbag.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness this is great! Where did you get this bag if you don't mind me asking?:cutie:

Let me preface this by saying i have 3 girls, 6 y.o. twins and one who is almost 4.
My necessities include:
hand sanitizer (for some weird reason, there are few of those kid size sinks and they consistently put the soap in a very hard to reach place for kids)
wipes wipes and more wipes
camera
spare camera battery
cell phone
pain killers
swimmers towel for rainy day (best $5.99 i ever spent)
and a variety of spare clothing for spills/accidents/enthusiastic sprinkler trips
:)sss

Here's what I bring:

Camera/Video Camera
PILLS!!! Bonine, Tylenol, Advil, Immodium, Tums, plain tea bags (to put on bug bites)
Hand Sanitizer
Wallet
Cell Phone
Pencil/Paper
Tickets, Room Key
Res #'s
Snacks
Ponchos

just your typical stuff:

hat (head)
$$ (bribes) :thumbsup2
large club (really fast pass) :hippie:
blow gun (long distance fast pass) :goodvibes
giant bucket of gum (previously chewed) :rolleyes1

We are minimalists. One SMALL bag per person and I refuse to push a shopping cart (aka stroller) around the park.

Mom's bag is different than the rest of the family.
  • first aid & sunscreen
  • camera & cell phone
  • tix / money
  • glowsticks for the fireworks. (I don't by the Disney light up stuff. too pricey.)

Every other person - including kids - carries their own small drawstring bag with their own emergency items.
  • hat or sunglasses
  • sweatshirt (winter months)
  • disposable poncho

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter