• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you need to get at the Dollar Store for your WDW trip?

dheinz

Mouseketeer
So, I remembered that I needed to go to the Dollar Store for get ready for our WDW trip. I just walked up & down the aisles and didn't see anything I needed. I just couldn't remember what I usually got there.
What do you get from the Dollar Store for your trip?

Rain ponchos..

I was in our local Dollar Tree a couple yesturday and saw something else that I was going to go back to get. They were these small clips for glasses. The last 2 yrs we have gone to Disney I would put my sunglasses on top of my head if we were inside(which I lost a pair doing this) and didn't need them on or if we were on a roller coaster ride I would hold on like for dear life to them or put them in my backpack which I would have to dig back out once we were off the ride. I think those little clips will work better don't know though but for a dollar couldn't hurt.

I also get some glo sticks.

I will probably find other things closer to our trip in Sept.

Tons of glow stuff - There is no better feeling at night in crowds than to have your kids all glow sticked up.

Carabiner to keep your refillable mug attached to your park bag

Glow jewelry! 5 bracelets for a buck!

I just went to Dollar Tree and saw a Toothbrush Holder with 6 toothbrushes in it. Perfect for our trip. The toothbrushes are in a nice holder with a lid. When we leave, I'll just toss the whole thing.

I was just there today.. Okay mine a more geared to kids, but I will share. I have tinkerbell leave a little something for the kids in our room each morning. Today I got yo yos, paddleball, squirt gun, bubbles all with some Disney character on it. Just a little pixie dust to start off their day. (Also, gives them something to play with while we all take a shower and get ready).

Other things I have bought for our last trip from recommendations from the Dis... I forget what they are called... but the little face cloth size towel that dries quickly in the car section --- great for drying off seats for wet rides or if it rains it is good for the stroller.

Clips (in the kitchen section). These were great to hold things onto the top of the stroller visor (park map or daily schedule) This way if anyone wanted to view it I wasn't always pulling it out of my bag.

Plastic spoons, forks, knives - always good to have a set in the room in case you bring back food to your room.

Power strip - god with so many devices these days you can never go wrong with bringing one.

face cloths - they usually have the ones that are shaped like a minature hockey puck sometimes with Disney design. But great to have in your bag for a quick cleanup while at the parks especially on those hot days.

First Aid - They always seem to have somme type of first aid creme, aloe lotions, suntan lotion. etc... I was hesitant on getting sun tan lotion from Dollar Tree and it worked fine.

One of my favorite tips was a night light.

Lemonade or fruit punch powder singles for your water. (the ones they have are diet but my kids don't even notice the difference). Also, just check the packs since some have 4 in a pac and some have 10 in a pac.

Eye glass kit. Great for those light up toys from the parks that need batteries.

Nail clippers/scissors - great for those toy packages you purchase that you need to have a PHd to open.

Glow Sticks - I sometimes buy these at Michaels. They come in a tube that is great for packing that doesn't break. I usually just get the bracelets. I usually bring a bunch with me. My kids LOVE passing them out to other kids while leaving the parks. We gave out a bunch at Fantasmic last time -- Our kids had a ball playing with the other kids around us and it made the time go by.

My all time favorite tip would be gallon ziploc bags - Each day I put an outfit for the kids socks, underwear, shirt, short, hairbow etc. Each morning pass the kids their bag and atleast I know they match and that I am not searching for clothing items.
Can't wait to see any other tips.

I have been collecting different things to make a welcome basket for each of the kids. I am going to sneak it in and put it on their beds when we arrive. Crayons, playing cards, yo-yos, paddle balls, stickers and so forth. They each have about 15 things that I have found at the Dollar store, Micheal's $1 bins and Target's $1 bins. All of the items are Disney themed. Princess stuff for the girls and Mickey/Toy story stuff for the boys. The hardest part is cutting myself off from buying anything else or their baskets will be over flowing. :)

Clothes hamper for the dirty clothes. It makes carrying it to the laundry easier.

I just went to Dollar Tree and saw a Toothbrush Holder with 6 toothbrushes in it. Perfect for our trip. The toothbrushes are in a nice holder with a lid. When we leave, I'll just toss the whole thing.

I bought those for our trip last year. It's a great idea, but the toothbrushes are aweful...they're really hard plastic and kill your gums! :confused3

baby wipes in smaller packages that will fit in my bag - while we don't need them for diapers any longer we still use baby wipes all the time.

uhm welll my sister and I are big kids even though we are wayyy too old for this we love to color! We usually find a huge box of crayons and disney coloring books for the plane or at night when we're looking for something to do in our hotel room. I'll also get hair ties and big pack of gum. Doesnt seem like much but all of that stuff is between five and ten dollars so I save a good ammount of money!

No buying this year. Pleanty from our last trip left over or never used. But I did buy clearanced Coleman rain coats and ponchos for $2.50 each at Target. Saving those for this trip. :goodvibes

Hi,
W also get the glow sticks, anything fun for the plane-stickers, small notebooks, 3 colored pens, etc. Also, bought the fabric holdr for the closet that has five "shelves".We hang it in the closet and put meds, vitamens in one, snacks in another, lotions, etc. in another, etc. Keeps things organized in a small value room. Some other things we got (although not at a dollar store are disney playing cards, magnetic bingo, bubbles, etc. Fun for the plane. Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

Besides the ponchos and glow sticks I bought fun stuff for my kids. I made each a goody bag for the trip and added things according to their ages. Snacks, drinks, puzzle books, crayons/pens, glow sticks, games, etc...

I get pretty much what others have mentioned here- rain ponchos, glow sticks for the evening shows. We drove our last trip so I also got little items to give the kids to pass the time (crayons and coloring books, word search books, playing cards, etc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter