What do you miss??

Today I miss the music. Not just the well known songs from the shows and rides, I am missing the quiet, themed background music... it helps you slow down, relax and enjoy.

I miss the villas!! There is just something about staying on WDW property! To me, not many other hotels compare to that Disney Magic.

I miss....

That blast of warm air as you step off your plane into the jetway at MCO.

Going under the WL sign on the way to our favorite hotel.

The boat ride from WL to the MK.

I miss being at my "Happy Place!"

I miss early entry Kilamanjo Safari followed by breakfast in the courtyard behind the Yak n Yeti cafe, sitting by the fountain with my DW of 40+ years.

I miss drinking around the world at Epcot.

I miss the Imperial Sampler at the Rose n Crown.

I miss the St. Louis ribs at the Flame Tree Barbecue.

I miss walking down Main Street at MK.

I miss sitting on a bench with my DW of 40+ years overlooking Echo Lake.

I miss breakfast at Starring Rolls.

I miss observing the miles of smiles I see on every guest and cast member I pass as I walk through all four worlds.

I miss it all . . .

Ok after reading this thread and realizing most post were made while I was sitting on my balacony over looking Bay Lake back in Feb, I miss it even more!

I love the memories we make everytime we go, and sharing the experience with others!

I was just realizing the same - that we were on the Disney Dream enjoying everything DCL when the earlier posts were written and that I have been missing it and WDW every day since my return. It is so hard to put the Disney magic into words but many of you have done a great job mentioning things I love so much!

I miss that WDW feeling of total relaxation. :)
I miss those moments when I look at my family members caught up in the happiness and think - this is the life! And those moments when I see families with children older or younger than mine at the parks and think of all the memories of the past and the great moments to be discovered in the future.

* sitting on the back porch of the Boardwalk's lobby and watching my kids run on the grass lawn.

* watching the Friendship Boats come and go from by BWV balcony

* sipping a cold gin and tonic and watching all the evening activity ramp up on the boardwalk

* watching my food allergic DD12 excitedly discuss what she can eat with chefs at each restaurant. Practically crying when they say, "We knew you were coming and made a special dessert!"

* catching that first glimpse of Cinderella's Castle on our first day in the MK.

* watching the video monitors on the Magical Express after we land

* Walking into the BWV lobby and knowing I'm home!

(Can you tell, I'm 15 days away from my next trip?!)

DVCDawn :tink:

I miss the energy, and family time we have at WDW. We are usually on the go from 8:30 - 10 or 11. When you are home, it is easy to get stuck in a routine (especially during winter) where you come home, cook dinner, watch tv and go to bed. WDW inspires us to do more (we took up skiing to have another family activity in the winter), but sometimes it is hard with long days at work, or other reasons.

At Disney it is all family, all fun, all the time. You just cant beat that quality time you get to enjoy everything WDW has to offer.

Other things I miss:
* As others have mentioned "the feeling"
* Driving from the Airport - once we see the WDW sign as you come down that final stretch!
* Getting our room keys and seeing where our room is.
* Our first night traditional dinner at BOMA's
* Walking around the world at EPCOT during F&W Fest, Music, Food - nothing better!!!
* Rose & Crown Pub for a beer/fish & chips
* Watching my daughter run to her fav rides at every park (HM, Soarin, Splash & Space Mtn,TOT,Everest etc...)
* Relaxing by the pool

There are many more, but these vacations have been worth every penny to us. People laugh when we continue to go back year after year, and honestly, I think DW and I would have continued even if DD never came along - we always loved it there. I dont know what it is, but there is no feeling like being at WDW.

[/QUOTE]What do I miss the most? BOMA BOMA BOMA! I swear I would pay for a plane ticket just to eat there tonight. It's our first dinner reservation the night we arrive and the last breakfast we eat the day of our departure. I can't wait![/QUOTE]

My DH total agrees.:rotfl: We have had several discussions that I have started out "Would like to eat out tonight and where do you want to go?" answered by "Yes and BOMA."

I often play my Disney park music while I clean.:lmao:

Sad that so much of my time is spent dreaming out that next trip!:cool1:

I miss being able to ride in the monorail with the driver.
The view of seeing where you are going was spectacular. It was our kids favorite thing to ask if the front was available. I hope that someday they allow passangers to ride up there again. :cool2:

:goodvibes
I miss this too-glad my kids got to do it a few times !

AMEN, When I am at disney the outside world is shut out and nothing else matters , the over all since of joy and happines keeps me comin back .

I miss how my children, who are acting older than their age when we are at home, will have that childlike wonder again when we ride Dumbo or Splash Mountain.

I love how you worded this....I wholeheartedly agree!

I miss the sound of the train whistle in the distance.

I miss lounging at the quiet pool at VWL while the kids swim.

I miss the first good look at the castle as you come around the corner and start down Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter