• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you miss??

The sights and sounds of AKV. The deck in an OKW 1,2, or 3 bedroom. The flowers that will soon be there for the Flower and Garden Festival. SPRING!

I like the smell and music in front of MK -right before you go in the turnstiles
I like the horns of the larger boats as they make there rounds around the Bay Lake docs -
I like when it's my turn at the check in counter at CR that feeling that it's finally here !
and when you enter thew BLT lobby and that guy for the elevator says WELCOME HOME -:hourglass

I miss seeing the palm trees when we get off the plane, then the 1st look of the trip at the Castle, and........ the Grey Goose slushies in France!

Two things...

2. Only fellow Dis-nites will understand this one..i LOVE taking the monorail around the resorts...getting off at Poly or Contemp...sitting in the lobby, soaking up the Disney feeling...brings back memories of going to WDW with my son when he was little (25 now!)

Oh I know that feeling! Our two sons are now 23 & 25 Wow! Where did that time go! Been members since 1993 so we have lots of memories riding the monorail, visiting the resorts and parks. Value is priceless.

Love that feeling walking around OKW listening to the music. Miss the balcony at OKW, miss strolling around Epcot, miss that stress free feeling I get as soon as I see the ME bus.

49 days and counting to get that warm and fuzzy feeling. Never comes soon enough.

The smells and background music. Everyplace should have background music :thumbsup2

You are singing my song (so to speak)! I get misty eyed every time I hear any of the background music. It brings back such great memories and tells us we're in for even more to come.

What is the Adventurers club?
Honestly and truly... It was the best imagineered, most guest interactive, best attraction Disney ever put together, bar none. Not even close.
Joe Rhode was the imagineer who headed up the project. He is also the guy who did AK (the eccentric guy with the dangly earring).

Just so happens they also served alcohol and it was located in Pleasure Island.
If you haven't experienced it, I wouldn't expect you to understand. There are some here on the DVC boards who know...

Three of the four pics in my sig are paintings from the club.
Kungaloosh!
MG

The display of the best of human creativity, imagination, and engineering, -- the visual stimulation, the color, the fireworks . . . . . .

(and Zebra Domes).

Honestly and truly... It was the best imagineered, most guest interactive, best attraction Disney ever put together, bar none. Not even close.
Kungaloosh!
MG

I couldn't agree more. It was a wonderful, magical place that is long overdue for a resurrection.

I have been missing DVC and WDW so much lately this is going to make me cry!

I miss the feeling of not having to worry about anything. I miss how my children, who are acting older than their age when we are at home, will have that childlike wonder again when we ride Dumbo or Splash Mountain.

I miss sitting on that big deck in building 55 at OKW after a day at the parks.
Not doing much, just enjoying the peace and quiet while looking at the water views. I think I'm going to cry now.

I miss enjoying lunch on the balconies of our last Jambo GV and watching my family competing nightly in games of pool after the parks.

I have no trip planned this year as we have one wedding, two HS Graduations, one DD heading to France for two weeks and two DD's starting college this fall.

WHY DO THEY GROW UP SO FAST!!!!

I miss the feeling of being completely disconnected from reality, nothing like walking through Main Street at night just as the park is closing.

So much to miss..

1. Watching "newbies" at the parks - it is fun to see the joy and sometimes frustration of "newbies" as we all were there at somepoint.
2. The smells and the sounds of an early morning where the park isn't very crowded yet and you can take a leisurely stroll through the park and soak it all in.
3. The excitement at rope drop and getting those FP's.
4. Watching my daughter hug a character - I don't know if there will ever be a time in my life where I don't find that pure magic.
5. A smiling CM that seems really happy to see you and help you.
6. My view of the Castle in the morning when waking up in our villa at BLT.
7. A late afternoon swim knowing the potentiallly great meal and fun awaits.
8. The anticipation for Fantasmic!
9. All the people celebrating at WDW - it truly is the happiest place on earth.
10. Wishes - it never gets old and I try to watch it from different places each time I enjoy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter