What Do You Miss the Most?

I also miss the Kids of the Kingdom shows!!! The show now just doesn't compare!
And Journey to your Imagination.

And....I know this wasn't around that long, but it was a great experience for all of us.....the Tapestry of Nations Parade. Love the music.

Horizons! it was my favorite when I was a kid, much to my parents' surprise. I remember the If I Had Wings too but it wasn't one of my faves but the whole wind room was cool. The World of Motion was though (I was more of an Epcot kid, it puzzled my parents I think...) The parade I miss is the one from the 20th Anniversery I think...it had like a Mardi Gras theme to it and I had these coins from it that a parade character had given me and my sister. I loved it and I still have the coins somewhere...

I miss the World of Motion! And when Toontown used to be Mickey's Starland with the little houses and the petting zoo

I miss the World of Motion, Horizons and Walter Cronkhite as the narrator on Spaceship Earth...I would love to see the old Epcot just one more time...

Lemme see, I miss

Mr Toad
If You Could Fly (or whatever that was called)
Mission To Mars
Skyway
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

And more that I can't think of right now.

Jules

I still miss Horizons. It truly was my favorite ride. Coming into the Omni room always took my breath away.

Also on my list would be World of Motion, The original JII, The Great Illuminations and the way Main Street USA use to look before they made it into Plush Heaven. :(

Another vote here for a park full of discontinued rides/attractions/events!

Roberta

Originally posted by barnum42
I miss Horizons, World of Motion, Captain Eo and Future Corps at Epcot.
I remember Captain EO, but what in the world was "Future Corps"?

And If You Had Wings was definitely a favorite. I miss that attraction so much, even though I love the Buzz ride.

I miss:
Mr Toad
Skyway
20.000 Leagues

Those were the three older attractions that are now gone that I've riden. I wish I could have rode the others :(

Even though this ride isn't officially closed yet, I really miss Carosel Of Progress. It has been closed the last three trips we have made!!! :(

Angie

Horizons
CoP (should be open all the time!)
Mr. Toad
20,000 Leagues
Main St. Cinema (when it was actually a theatre that showed 'Steamboat Willie' instead of just another souvenir shop!)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I just wish they would do something else with that area. Now that Finding Nemo is a hit maybe they could build a new boat ride?

But then again being away from WDW, we always miss it...

Originally posted by hucifer
I remember Captain EO, but what in the world was "Future Corps"?

Future Corps were the bugle corp that played, ususally between the Land and Communicore. There is a fan site for them:

www.futurecorps.net/main.htm

The did several 15 to 20 minute sets a day of good powerful music.

I'm with Blueberry--Horizons, World of Motion, and Walter Cronkite in Spaceship Earth--and that song they had at the end "Tomorrow's Child".

The one ride I really miss is the skyway ride at the mk. But, there were a couple of shows that I remember seeing that were really good that I would enjoy seeing again at Epcot. One was the day time fireworks type thing when the characters came into Epcot over the lake with motorized parachutes I believe this was during the 20th anniversary. Another one was at the foutain behind spaceship earth something to do with colors. Sorry it was a few years ago I don't remember the names, does anyone else remember any of these?

I miss when Future World and World Showcase opened in the morning at the same time. It was so peaceful walking over there early in the morning and stopping in France for a morning pastry.

I did get to see carousel of progress on my last visit, but I'm assuming I won't get to see it in Nov. Parts of it remind me of my Grandma's house. I wish they'd keep it open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter