What do you mean your throat hurts?!? Your throat can't hurt, we're at Disney!!

DisneyPhotopass2009023.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009038.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009043.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009045.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009049.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009053.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009055.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009055.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009058.jpg
[/IMG]

I think this one turned out a little too dark

DisneyPhotopass2009065.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009071.jpg
[/IMG]

Park Day #6

I have cancelled all adr's for the day so we can focus on getting to Hollywood Studios at rope drop and ride Toy Story Mania. DS has made it clear we will not leave Disney if he hasn't ridden this ride. :laughing: So another day of getting up at 6:30 and heading off to the buses. There was only one other family on the bus besides us! :confused3 Guess everybody else wanted to sleep in. We get to HS and unfortunatly other people from other resorts had the same idea we had. We stand and wait for their little opening ceremony (if that's even what you can call it :confused:) then they drop the ropes and let everyone in. Well you would think that this ride being a year old would have lost some of it's appeal by now, guess not. Only about 1/4 of the crowd was heading towards TOT and RNR the other 3/4 was heading the same direction as we are. One woman with a stroller was in front of us and had the bright idea to cut across to the left as you go under the hat and head towards the stairs that bring you futher out on the street heading to Pixar Place. Well, they have thought of everything. They had CM's standing and blocking all the shortcuts so that everyone has to take the same route. Fair, those that get in line at the front gates first will make it to the ride first. Well she had to turn around and ends up behind us now but is itching to get back to her place she was before she tried to cheat. This became my new challange...try and beat stroller lady. :laughing:

DS headed straight to fastpass and we got in the standby line. He joined us with fastpasses in hand and our return time was within the next 45 min. We only waited about 20 mins in the standby line before we were on the ride. All I can say is amazing!! This is by far one of the best rides they have ever made! First off, when you see the standby time at 100+ mins it really wouldn't be so bad because once you are in those doors you are in air-conditioning for the rest of your wait time. You really can't explain how fun this ride is, you have to experience it. Well, when we got off we didn't have too much longer before we could use our fastpasses so we kind of hung out around the ride till time to ride again. I will have to say I don't recommend riding it two times in a row like that. My arm was so tired from the first ride I could barely work the pull string on the second ride. When we got off the second ride we could get fastpasses again so, you guessed it, we got more to TSM!!! :woohoo: Our return time for these was later in the day, thank goodness!!

The park is for the most part empty. I mean Pixar Place is crowded and it's crowded over by TOT but other than that there really isn't anybody there. Very nice. Me and the kids stop and get popcorn for breakfast, Disney is the only place you can get away with that! popcorn:: We take our time walking around the streets making our way over to Luigis Garage. If you remember dd wanted her picture made with Mater and Lightning the first day we were at HS but it was just too hot. Being that it is still early this is the perfect time for a photo op. They still haven't opened up the garage yet so my family finds a nice bench and sits to enjoy their breakfast while I wander around taking pictures. I can't wander too far cause another family may show up and take my place in the empty line. :rolleyes1 I do make my way into the gift shop and get a little sidetracked at one point when dh calls my cell to tell me there are people getting in MY line. Oops! Oh well, we are still number three and it's not hot.
Being that I'm there at opening time I get a great picture of Mater and Lightning alone before they start letting people stand next to them. This is important because my next door neighbor who is taking car of my dogs while I'm away has asked for a pic of M&L for her four year old son who is Cars crazy. Mission accomplished!!

After photo op with M&L we head to Muppet Vision 3-D. :3dglasses Enjoyable as always, gotta love Piggy! Kinda foggy as to what we did next, I think we wandered a lot. We tend to do that at HS, get caught up in just walking around and all the buildings.

We came across the place where Mike and Sulley are and it was about 10 mins till opening and dd had never had pics with them before so we waited. DH and DS found another bench. Are you noticing a theme to this day? Wander, sit, wander, sit. :rotfl:

Here's the thing. I remember standing in our room at the Lodge and the thought coming to me the day before this one that "Oh my goodness, we have two full park days left and I have no idea what we will do!" :eek: We had already done everything we wanted too plus some. It was soooo hot and soooo crowded that I was at the point of not caring if I saw another park or not. It was at this point I decided our next trip will be in December, I can't do another summer, it just drains you.

So for this day and the next we take things very slow and wander a lot. Just a warning cause it could get boring to you.

DD has her pic made with Sulley but Mike isn't out yet and the cm says he will be out in about 15 mins. I don't understand why they do that, why can't they come out at the same time, is Mike really that busy? :confused: Anywho dd didn't care enough about the short, one-eyed green guy to wait for him, I guess she's more into tall, blue, and hairy so off we went.

We make our way back to TSM cause it is almost our fastpass return time. We decide while we are waiting we will get in line to see Woody and Buzz. Well this is where it gets interesting. ;) If you have ever been in this building you know they have props from the TS movies set up all along the line you are waiting in for you to take pictures of your family members if you want to. Very cute. Every time you take a few steps you come across new props. Don't know exactly how many props total but there are a lot! We have this wonderful, large, Brazilion family in front of us. A man, a woman, another woman (maybe the women are sisters?), and four kids. OMG!!! Every prop they stop for a photo op. Why is this a problem you may ask? Let me explain how this worked...We take a pic with all the kids together, then each kid alone, then two women together, then each woman alone, then one woman with all the kids, then same woman with each kid alone, then other woman with all the kids, then this woman with each kid alone, then woman and man together, then woman, man and kids together. EVERY PROP!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:
I have never seen anything like this in my life! You would think this is the only time they will get pictures! It became very comical at one point when I realized in every pic the women had made with the kids, the kids were either frowning or on the verge of tears and the women were smiling like they were in a beauty pagent. I finally looked at my dh and said, "Okay, when we get up there to B&W I want a picture of all three of you, then you alone, then just the kids together, then the kids alone, then you with each of the kids!" :lmao: You just have to wonder about people sometimes.

When we were done with that fiasco we rode TSM for the third time. DS was very happy. :thumbsup2

We talked about heading over to TOT for them to ride again, notice I'm not including myself in this, but they decided not to fight the crowd. So we head to Pizza Planet for some lunch, and yes we have already eaten here once this week and we know we have a problem with the place.

We wander through some stores after lunch then decide to call it a short park day and head back to the resort for swim time. My kids love to swim if you haven't noticed.

Up next, last park day and two final adr's. Don't get excited cause who knows when I'll get around to it. :laughing:

DisneyPhotopass2009073.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010084.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010086.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010088.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010090.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010091.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010094.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010095.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010096.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010099.jpg
[/IMG]

I love what it says on the bottom of this sign!!

P1010101.jpg
[/IMG]

My "Bench Warmers"

P1010102.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010104.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010106.jpg
[/IMG]

The "alone" pic

P1010107.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010109.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010110.jpg
[/IMG]

Love what this says too!!!

P1010112.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009009.jpg
[/IMG]

We finally made our way to Buzz and Woody! You really have to understand how much my DH loves these two. When our ds was two and three his favorite movie was TS. My dh worked third shift at the time and he watched it with him every day.

DisneyPhotopass2009014.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009016.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009018.jpg
[/IMG]

DisneyPhotopass2009020.jpg
[/IMG]

I have certain places I take the kids pictures on every trip to show how they have changed and grown. This is one of those places.

P1010120.jpg
[/IMG]

LOVE all the photopass pics!! And :lmao: about that family in front of you in line for Woody and Buzz!!!

Park Day #4 ~ Animal Kingdom

On our last trip to WDW we got rained out of AK and for some crazy reason and never really made it back. DD has not let us forget about this and she had a list of important "must dos" for this park. I made a 10:30 adr for Tusker House and picked this day because of morning emh. The last time we saw Kilamanjaro Safari she was 3 and has no memory of it at all. We actually got to the park in time to see part of the opening ceremony which was really nice. We had a major discussion on whether or not to head to EE, grab fast passes, then get in line for KS OR head straight to KS and chance the line at EE when we were done. EE was very important to dh and ds and KS was very important to dd. We watched the way the crowd was heading and decided that heading straight for KS and chancing EE was our best bet. Glad we made that choice. For the most part we walked right on to KS and dd was very excited.:goodvibes The animals were moving around quite a bit, the lion was still sleepy (I guess he partied too much the night before) but the giraffes were very active and they are my favorites. DD was sooo happy she actually got to ride this and we moved on towards EE. No line there either so dh and ds walked on in. I was really considering giving this a try until the whole TOT experience the day before. :eek: And no, I am still not over that to this day!

This was the first time they had ridden EE and when they got off they both said they were a little disappointed and they really didn't feel it was worth all the hype.

We then made our way to Kali River Rapids and got fast passes that would be good right after breakfast and walked through the Jungle Trek thing I am not even going to try and spell (you know the one that starts with an "M"?) The tigers were sleeping (they must have partied with the lions! :cool1:) and the bats were gross but I guess kind of neat to see up close.

We wandered down a path where we ran into Baloo (another of my dh's favorites) and had photopass pics made. I will post those later when I get my cd. A little farther down we met up with Terk. Then we see Flik walk by! This was very exciting because we have never met him before. DD and I had photopass pics made with him in front of the tree of life. Again will post those later.

We are feeling really good beacause we are getting a lot accomplished this morning and we start walking towards Tusker House. We arrived at 10:15 and our ressie was for 10:30, they handed us the buzzer thing and told us to have a seat. Then we waited, and waited, and waited some more. At 10:35 I went and checked to see how much longer and was told not too long. Sat back down and waited again. At 10:50 I checked again and was told the same thing. By 11:00 I sent dh to find out what was going on and she said we should probably go on in, you think?!? Now at this point I know they are taking the breakfast buffet up at 11:30 and the characters are on their last round. I think I might have really enjoyed this meal if it hadn't been so rushed. I never got to go to the buffet for myself for fear of missing a character or picture. DS loved the juice and the food was good. If I book this meal again I will make an earlier ressie so we don't get pushed into lunch. Don't know if they overbooked or what.

Even with the delay at breakfast we made our fast pass time at KRR by one minute! :thumbsup2 DD loved this too, check another thing off her list, and we were all soaked!

The park is getting "very" crowded at this point and so hot and humid! I don't mind the crowds, but I don't do well with crowds mixed with heat and humidity! :headache: DD doesn't do well with this either and things can tend to go downhill very fast!! This is probably why I have such a problem with the mix.

From here we cross the park to Dino-land and grab fast passes for Dinosaur and make our way to the tree of life for It's Tough to be a Bug. We have discovered on this trip that ds has some issues, a lot of issues. He doesn't seem to handle 3-D shows very well. At the point in the show where you feel the bugs run under your bottom and back, he jumps out of his seat and lands in his sisters lap! :eek: Keep in mind he is 14 and 145lbs and she is a tiny 54lbs. Needless to say she didn't handle this very well. :confused3 Of course I am of no help becauce I can't quit laughing. He says he never wants to see that again.

The only other thing on dd's list is to see Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade. By the time we make our way over to Dinosaur and finish that ride, it's almost parade time. Well 30 mins until parade time. At some point during the day a man stopped and gave dh and ds some fast passes for EE that he couldn't use. They said EE wasn't a ride they would wait in line for but would hate to not take a fast pass for it. We decide that dd and I will stake out a spot to watch the parade while they go ride EE and they can join us when they get off. OMG!!! I thought the child was going to have a heat stroke! Yes, it was hot. Yes, it was humid. Yes, there were a lot of people. And yes, we had tour groups galore!! But get a grip girl! Of course the place I claim as my own is at the end of the parade route. :upsidedow It was the longest 45 min wait of my life! I fanned her, I let her sit, I let her stand, I tried to get her to go into the shady spot back behind us. She wanted to leave. I had a spot, I was hot and tired too, all I have heard about for three years is this parade, we are this close and by golly she will see this parade and she will enjoy it!!! :rolleyes: Keep in mind this is part of my being a good mother again.

Well, she made it through and yes she did enjoy the parade, and we made a beeline to the exit the second it was over.

All in all I say a pretty productive day. She did everything she wanted to do and both the kids decided that they didn't want to return to AK anymore on this trip. We have managed to hit all four parks by doing one a day for our first four days. This is when I let them choose what we do for the remainder of the trip. You will see we just keep repeating Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, they both agree those two are their favs.

I'm so far behind. My computer has swine flu - or some password stealing virus and I won't be getting it back for another 2 weeks. So I have to sneak you in at work. And I still have 2 pages to read
I love your giraffe and elephant pics. i really didn't get any good pics on the safari because our driver didn't slow down once. :car: I swear we soared through there at about 40mph. but we had a great time the rest of the day. I agree with you about sci-fi, we had a good time there. It was a fun experience and we loved our waitress. And I am joining your TOT club. :scared1: that was the worst thing ever. I will never ever ride that thing again. Everyone else in my family thought it was the greatest. Thank you very much but I will be shopping next time they ride that puppy.

I love your giraffe and elephant pics. i really didn't get any good pics on the safari because our driver didn't slow down once. :car: I swear we soared through there at about 40mph.

Too funny! :lmao:

And I am joining your TOT club. :scared1: that was the worst thing ever. I will never ever ride that thing again. Everyone else in my family thought it was the greatest. Thank you very much but I will be shopping next time they ride that puppy.

I second that!!!! Anything is better than that ride! :thumbsup2

And Karen don't feel bad about being behind, I'm behind too and it's my report. :rotfl:

:rotfl2:
I second that!!!! Anything is better than that ride! :thumbsup2

And Karen don't feel bad about being behind, I'm behind too and it's my report. :rotfl:
:rotfl2:
Ok Jeana, we are officially going to have to get Krista and Anna Kathryn together at WDW at some point. When they are old enough, we'll send the drama divas off on their own and see how they do.. She's 9, right? AK will be 10 next month, and girl, let me tell you, one or the other of us might not make it to her birthday! :scared1:

Just caught up on your TR - great pics, and lots of fun. Between your DH Brad and your drama diva, it was kind of like re-reading my own! :laughing:
How funny.:rotfl: My drama diva will be 10 this month and girls she can roll her eyes with the best of them. I can't tell you how irritating I find that

OK, it's official then. We are setting up a club. No TOT, but let's throw the drama divas on by themselves! And just in case you wonderful ladies haven't seen it yet today. :rolleyes:

WooHoo Taryn!!!!!! You're a DVC owner now!!!!! :banana::cool1::banana::cool1: I'm so excited for you!!!

And I totally agree, Taryn, Karen, Stephanie, and myself will now start a new club named "Moms of Drama Divas" or "MODD" ! Anyone else with a dd age 10 or around the age of 10 with attitude may sign up. :)

[/IMG]Pool Pics and More Pics of the Lodge

P1010122.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010124.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010126.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010134.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010136.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010138.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010139.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010143.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010145.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010146.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010151.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010156.jpg
[/IMG]

Wishes from our balcony

P1010162.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010186.jpg
[/IMG]

The MODD club. LOVE. IT.

Your pictures are amazing! What kind of training/camera do you have? We got a new one before our trip, and I was hoping for better than I got. I'm sure it's the operator!;)

The MODD club. LOVE. IT.

Your pictures are amazing! What kind of training/camera do you have? We got a new one before our trip, and I was hoping for better than I got. I'm sure it's the operator!;)

"Training" that's so funny! :laughing: I would love to have someone train me to take pictures because I so don't have a clue what I'm doing most of the time. Thanks for the compliment, but I'm afraid all the credit belongs to the camera. I bought a new one before this trip too and I do love it. I got a Panasonic Lumix TZ5, it's a 9 mp with a 10X optical zoom. It has a million settings but the one I use is call IA (intelligent auto) where it does the thinking for me and decides which setting to take the picture on. This is good because my brain can't figure these things out too well. :confused: I did set it to the fireworks setting for Wishes though. It passed the Disney picture taking test so I guess it's a keeper! :thumbsup2

Enjoyed your report, I love that your fav parks are MK and DHS. The other two are half day parks for sure. I will be staying at WL for two short nights, I would love to have a room overlooking the lobby. Your pictures of the resort are so beautiful. Did you think the bus and boat service was good?

Thanks for taking the time to write a report. I'm sorry you didn't like POP. I think if you love WL you would also enjoy POR or POFQ. Just in case you need to save money on any upcoming trips.;)

Enjoyed your report, I love that your fav parks are MK and DHS. The other two are half day parks for sure. I will be staying at WL for two short nights, I would love to have a room overlooking the lobby. Your pictures of the resort are so beautiful. Did you think the bus and boat service was good?

Thanks for taking the time to write a report. I'm sorry you didn't like POP. I think if you love WL you would also enjoy POR or POFQ. Just in case you need to save money on any upcoming trips.;)

Thanks for reading!! :) You will love the Lodge no matter where your room is!! :cloud9: We have never had a problem with the bus service or the boats, especially nothing like the Pop fiasco. We have looked at POR and had it booked for a very short while. I think the problem is our hearts remain at the Lodge and that's where we will continue to go, even if it means a shorter trip. :love: Have a fun trip!!!

Three times on TSM :woohoo: I'd say that qualifies as a great day! I know what you mean about trying to describe TSM - I've tried but I can tell from the pleasant smiling nods that people just don't get how awesome it is, you have to experience it!

By the way, while I don't quite qualify for the MODD club - Ella is just coming up on 8 - I can sympathize as we definitely have previews of what is in store over the next few years ;)

Three times on TSM :woohoo: I'd say that qualifies as a great day! I know what you mean about trying to describe TSM - I've tried but I can tell from the pleasant smiling nods that people just don't get how awesome it is, you have to experience it!

By the way, while I don't quite qualify for the MODD club - Ella is just coming up on 8 - I can sympathize as we definitely have previews of what is in store over the next few years ;)

Ella's attitude may qualify you for early entry. If she get's the eye rolling, head tilting, hip throwing, and "you really just don't get it" all down to a science you are sooo in the club even if she's not 10 yet! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter