What do you mean your throat hurts?!? Your throat can't hurt, we're at Disney!!

And I have an obscession trying to take pics of balloons lately. I've seen all these fantastic pics, especially in front of the castle. One day I will get one. Your night time pic of the castle is great!

Thanks, I am really pleased with that castle pic too. I bought a new camera for this trip because my old one took such terrible night and indoor shots. I was a little worried about how this one would do, but I am very pleased with it. Someone had commented on another night time picture of the castle I had taken and posted on Facebook and how much they liked it. I am reading this and thinking to myself "That is a really good picture, I wonder who took that?" Then I realize it was mine!! :lmao: That is how much I am use to NOT taking good night pictures!

Park Day #2 ~ Epcot

My ds didn't sleep the best after the first park day. He slept with me and tossed and turned and hit me in the face. Long night. I am at this point trying to decide what to do about his throat. He is also very congested. He tells me he feels a little better than yesterday so I decide to give it one more day and play it by ear. I do have him on over the counter medicine.

We decide that today will be our Epcot day. Now, what I am about to say will upset some readers, this is your warning. :scared1: We don't like Epcot.
I know this is very hard for those of you who are Epcot lovers to understand. What is our problem you may ask... we have tried very hard to figure this out. We love Soarin, but other than that we could live without the other rides in this park. I feel like when I get to WS I am stuck in this neverending cirlce where there is no escape. My kids are not interested in anything in the countries, we aren't drinkers so the drinks don't appeal to us, we don't care for the entertainment, that leaves us with what? Okay, I've said it so I will tell you about our Epcot day.

We first head over to Soarin. It has a wait time of 70 minutes and my dd was having none of that! I have already told you she can be unreasonable. princess: Well you pick your battles and this was not one worth having in my opinion so, my dh and ds said they wanted to ride it and we split up.
The first place dd and I went was the Living With The Land ride. We had never ridden this before and the line was very short. She loves science and says she either wants to be a science or math teacher so this ride was all her!:teacher: I have to say I quit enjoyed it myself.
Next we headed over to Nemo, this is another ride we have not experienced before. The wait time for it was 10 mins and we were on in maybe 5. It was a cute ride, but we both said it was geared more towards pre-schoolers and would never wait more than 5 or 10 mins to ride it. After this we met back up with dh and ds who were done riding Soarin.
We didn't stay with them long because dd wanted to go to WS to try and find princesses and ds was not interested in that. So she and I went to WS and dh and ds stayed in FW.

On our way we stopped for a photopass shot of dd holding Tinkerbell. It turned out adorable, I don't have my cd yet but will post it later when I get it. This was not meant to rush you Julie, just in case you took it that way. :hug:

As we are walking into WS I stopped and took pictures of the different sights, we just took our time and chatted. We were passing that restaurant in France when my dd starts having a fit because she sees Remy in the window! Well, I guess you really aren't suppose to but, I took pictures. :rolleyes1 This isn't a restauant my family would care to eat at so this is as close as I would get to that rat!

Around the corner we see Jasmine and Aladdin but as our luck would have it they were leaving for a break. I ask the CM when they would be back, make a mental note, and start walking again. I had promised my dd that we would get pearls in Japan so that was our next stop. She loved the whole experience but I wouldn't pay to do that again.

By now Jasmine and Aladdin are about to come back from break so we walk back to where they were and are third in line. Now, I have to comment on something here. The second in line were two guys which I thought to be a little odd. In chatting with them I find out that one of them works as a character aid of sorts. He is the one who handles their breaks and crowd control, those sort of things. It is his day off and he is just stopping by to say hello to his friends. Well that is all nice and fine but....when he walks up to Jasmine and Aladdin they strike up a conversation that lasted ten minutes! Of course J&A are out of character during this time and have turned into two teenagers visiting with their buddies. Kinda ruined the whole character experience for the people in line to see this and the CM on duty just let it continue. Anywho, just thought I would mention it cause the whole thing was strange.

After our pics with J&A we sat and called dh and ds to see where they are. They were on the way to find us so we sat outside of Tangerine Cafe waited. While sitting there I see a couple walk past that looked familer, then I see the green mickey head on their backpack. It was Nikki and Tom from the July thread! Well, to get to them I would have had to hurdle twenty people and leave dd to fend for herself so I decided it best to sadly let them pass. :sad2:

After meeting up with dh and ds we start walking again, our goal at this point is to find an exit and get out of this park. My ds is feeling bad and the kids are hot and not wanting to be here any longer. We stop to get ds some water when I see Nikki and Tom again!!! Okay, twice is a sign. I ran up and caught them this time (thinking that they are going to wonder who in the world this crazy woman is) and I am sooo glad I did! They are such sweet people (even though Epcot is their favorite park), and we chatted a little about their wedding. Tom took a pic of me and Nikki which she has sent to me and I will post on here.

We finally made our way out of this park and headed over to the Beach Club for dinner at Cape May.

P1000616.jpg
[/IMG]

Krista and our WL ducks

P1000620.jpg
[/IMG]

Monorail ride to Epcot

P1000624.jpg
[/IMG]

Living with the Land

P1000629.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000630.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000633.jpg
[/IMG]

Krista and the Epcot ducks (she really likes ducks!) And no we did not give them the french fries!

P1000639.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000641.jpg
[/IMG]

My illegal picture of Remy!

P1000646.jpg
[/IMG]

Jasmine and Aladdin

P1000647.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture of me with Nikki (aka NikkiLovesWDW!)

158_158.jpg
[/IMG]

Cape May Dinner

After we "escaped" Epcot we took the boat over to the Yacht and Beach Club for dinner at Cape May. This is the first time we had been to these resorts and had always wanted to visit. Now if you will recall, we had at one time booked the Beach Club for this trip before I chickened out. I'm glad I changed my mind. These resorts are breathtaking and beautiful. That is where it ends for us. As we sat in the Beach Club Lobby (and we sat for awhile) I realized it is quite a hectic place. A little too much for my taste. Don't get me wrong, if someone offered to let me stay there for free I would go in a heartbeat, but I don't think it's worth paying more for these resorts than the Lodge.

Cape May was quite a good meal. Looking back on it I don't know if it was the fact that the meal was so good, or we were so hot, tired, and hungry. Either way we enjoyed it.

We had planned on trying to see Illuminations, but after dinner all the kids wanted to do was swim and ds wasn't feeling his best. Looks like I will be calling the doctor in the morning. :sick:

Park Day #2 ~ Epcot

By now Jasmine and Aladdin are about to come back from break so we walk back to where they were and are third in line. Now, I have to comment on something here. The second in line were two guys which I thought to be a little odd. In chatting with them I find out that one of them works as a character aid of sorts. He is the one who handles their breaks and crowd control, those sort of things. It is his day off and he is just stopping by to say hello to his friends. Well that is all nice and fine but....when he walks up to Jasmine and Aladdin they strike up a conversation that lasted ten minutes! Of course J&A are out of character during this time and have turned into two teenagers visiting with their buddies. Kinda ruined the whole character experience for the people in line to see this and the CM on duty just let it continue. Anywho, just thought I would mention it cause the whole thing was strange.

:eek: I am honestly shocked by this!! I have NEVER seen anyone break character in WDW and that's really disappointing. I'm so glad I didn't see it myself.

Love the update and pics, especially the sneaky one of Remy. I love how you can see your reflection! Too funny!

Hey girl! Just went to update my TR, and decided to come read yours instead! Procrastination at it's finest.

Yep, it's official. We're resort snobs, too! After a week at Pop, I was ready to POP!

It's funny, your DD looks SOOOO much like one of my DD's BFFs, I wondered how you got a pic of her. I'll have to find one of her to post to you.

Oh well, guess I'll head over to mine to post more, now. Maybe. Don't I hear my own drama queen needing me?? princess:

Hey girl! Just went to update my TR, and decided to come read yours instead! Procrastination at it's finest.

Yep, it's official. We're resort snobs, too! After a week at Pop, I was ready to POP!

It's funny, your DD looks SOOOO much like one of my DD's BFFs, I wondered how you got a pic of her. I'll have to find one of her to post to you.

Oh well, guess I'll head over to mine to post more, now. Maybe. Don't I hear my own drama queen needing me?? princess:

I am sooo glad you came over for a visit!!! You will have to send me a pic of my dd's look-alike. According to Nikki we both set ourselves up for disappointment by going from WL to Pop, should have known better. :confused3 You're in a mess now, joining DVC you will be the ultimate resort snob! :laughing:

:eek: I am honestly shocked by this!! I have NEVER seen anyone break character in WDW and that's really disappointing. I'm so glad I didn't see it myself.

Love the update and pics, especially the sneaky one of Remy. I love how you can see your reflection! Too funny!

I know, I was shocked too and I hope to never see that again! It really should not have been allowed to happen.

It's ok if youdon't love Epcot, Jeana -- we still love you! I'm so glad you got to meet Nikki and Tom -- they're so sweet! I had fun meeting them and Christy.

My family agrees with you on Nemo -- it's cute but I wouldn't wait in a long time to see it (although we did on our first trip -- a crazy long line!). It's a nice place to get off your feet and cool off...it's cute. We love Living with the Land -- not sure what it is that we love so much about it, but I think we rode it three times on our trip last month. LOL I understand it's being refurbished now...my parents are sad that they won't get to ride it in October.

Your DS is really being a trouper! Poor kid -- it's tough to be pleasant when you don't feel well but it sounds like he was doing a good job.

I'm really surprised that Jasmine and Aladdin were so out of character and that the handler didn't intervene! Wow. :confused3

Thanks, I am really pleased with that castle pic too. I bought a new camera for this trip because my old one took such terrible night and indoor shots. I was a little worried about how this one would do, but I am very pleased with it. Someone had commented on another night time picture of the castle I had taken and posted on Facebook and how much they liked it. I am reading this and thinking to myself "That is a really good picture, I wonder who took that?" Then I realize it was mine!! :lmao: That is how much I am use to NOT taking good night pictures!
Your Chef Mickey pics came out great too. I wish mine would have come out that good - Oh well, I'm doing a digital phot book so I can play around with cropping and size etc.

Beach Club Lobby

P1000653.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000655.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000658.jpg
[/IMG]

Okay on the top picture - That is one sparkly smile - Beautiful!!!.
My kids are pretty fascimnated with the ducks too. I can't tell you how many duck and rabbit pics we got while we were there

Okay, okay photopass pics coming up as quick as I can manage! I just go them in the mail about 20 mins ago and we got three seperate cd's! I think this might take me a little bit of time to seperate the pics!!!

I can't believe that Aladdin & Jasmine broke character like that!

Nevermind it's not 3 cd's, it's 5! They came in 3 seperate cases. I'm going to try to get all of the sorting done today and try to get them out on Monday!

Nevermind it's not 3 cd's, it's 5! They came in 3 seperate cases. I'm going to try to get all of the sorting done today and try to get them out on Monday!

Julie you need to slow down and not try to kill yourself getting these cd's made! You took on a lot by offering to do this and nobody expects you to have it done in record time. :worship:

Okay so I definitely won't be getting them out today! I was at the shore all day yesterday and work all day today & tomorrow. Wed I have a home inspection, but maybe I can finish Wed. night. So I'm trying to get it done quickly b/c I know everyone wants their pics! But I def. won't be killing myself doing it! If you want any pics posted from it, I can post them for you or e-mail some to you!

Don't worry about my pics, do mine last if you need to. I will probably just post all of my photopass pics at the same time in my tr. Maybe even at the end, it doesn't really matter. At this rate I can't get past day two of this tr. The kids started back to school and it has been total chaos!! I will try to add a report today so people don't lose interest. :)

Park Day #3 ~ Hollywood Studios

DS had a very strange night to say the least. He probably took five showers between midnight and 5am. When we asked about this odd behavior he said it was the only thing that opened his nose up so he could breathe. My dh being the sympathetic person he is (NOT) told him that was fine in a hotel room but at home we have a water bill and he can't be doing that. :laughing:

Around 8am I sent dh down to the conceirge to find out where the closest Walgreens was located while I called the doctor. Now comes the waiting part. I talk to the front desk at the doctor, wait for a nurse to call me, talk to the nurse, then wait for the nurse to talk to the doctor and call me again, wait for the nurse to call Walgreens, wait to call Walgreens myself to make sure they have prescription called in, wait for prescription to get ready. Now any of you who have kids know that this process at home can take up a better part of a day. On vacation it is ten times worse!

We knew we would need to be patient and ds really didn't feel like going to the parks anyway. But, we had an 11:00 adr at Sci-Fi for lunch. This was the only ressie my ds had asked for and by golly he was going to eat there sick or not! :) Well the doctor called in more antibiotics, said he didn't think we had knocked out the sinus infection with the first round and that would make his throat hurt too. Told us to grab some Muccinex DM for congestion (at $25 a box!) and he would feel much better soon.

It is now 10:00am and one hour until our adr. We decide to go for it. We take the bus to HS and arrive just in time for our ressie and we were so glad we did. This was probably one of our favorite meals the entire trip. We had never eaten here before but it is now on our must do list. Our server was great, very funny and energetic. DH and ds had burgers, I had the rueben, and dd had a kids burger. We all had fries and shakes instead of drinks so he gave us ice water. He gave both the kids bottled water and told them to take it with them and refill during the day. We were way to stuffed for dessert so we asked for more shakes to go.

When we were done eating dh took a bus back to the WL and then took our truck and set out to find Walgreens. Later after he made it back to WL he took a bus back to HS to catch up with us. When I say later I mean about 3 hours later. Me and the kids decided to stay at HS and just take the day at a slow pace letting ds decide what we do. As strange as it may seem, this turned out to be our favorite day. I guess because we didn't hurry, took a lot of breaks and never really overheated, didn't feel any pressure to ride everything or get done in a certain amount of time.

Me and the kids first went to see Beauty and the Beast, we had never seen it and always wanted to and it didn't disappoint. Walked through almost all the shops and stores, we love to window shop! Took time to enjoy the Streetmosphere Actors, my dd loved them! She got autographs from two of them and also pictures. We wandered the streets of New York and San Francisco. DD wanted her picture with Lightning and Tow Mater but it was just so hot and they are smack in the sun with no shade. She decided to wait and try another day for that pic. We visited One Man's Dream, one of ds's favs. After dh caught back up with us we rode the Great Movie Ride and later had a bite to eat at Pizza Planet, another place we must eat every trip.
We had ressies at T-Rex that night but sadly I had to cancel because of the events earlier in the day and was never able to get back in all week. Oh well, maybe next trip.

Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention that my loving family talked me into riding TOT for the first time. I don't like drops and I'm not a fan of rollercoasters. Now I will ride BTMR one time every trip but that is my limit, it's dd's favorite ride. I do enjoy Splash Mtn. but it is only one major drop. I have never understood the appeal of being dropped multiple times in a row and never knowing when it will end. But I'm a good sport and I have agreed to give it a try, dd had never ridden before either. OMG!!! :scared1: All I can say is at one point I prayed for death!! NEVER AGAIN!!! My legs shook for half an hour after I got off that thing! It dropped five times, not that I was counting because I couldn't tell the difference of going up or down, but ds told me. DD loved it of course, thats her thing. They can have it, from now on I will sit that one out!

We thought about seeing Fantasmic but the Brazilians has taken over and we didn't want to deal with them so we decided to head back to the Lodge and let the kids swim.

Oh by the way, once ds got his meds in him he was a different kid. Now he was trying to make up for all the lost time when he didn't feel good. I told him I think I liked him better sick! :rotfl:

Streetmosphere Actors

P1000670.jpg
[/IMG]

Sci-Fi Dine In

P1000673.jpg
[/IMG]

Krista and her milkshake!

P1000678.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000683.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000684.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000681.jpg
[/IMG]

Beauty and The Beast

P1000691.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000702.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000714.jpg
[/IMG]

She signed Krista's book "Honey Darling"

P1000720.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000721.jpg
[/IMG]

Before signing her book he asked her a lot of questions and explained to her that signing his name is what got him in trouble with his ex-wife. He signed "CIAO! AL Dante" and drew a pic of a movie camera so she would remember he's a producer.

P1000722.jpg
[/IMG]

Streets of San Francisco

P1000730.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000731.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000733.jpg
[/IMG]

Streets of New York

P1000734.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000737.jpg
[/IMG]

Pizza Planet

P1000741.jpg
[/IMG]

DH made them get their pic with Andy

P1000746.jpg
[/IMG]

Not my best memory but I took pics of the inside because I knew I would never be back in there again

P1000747.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000754.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000755.jpg
[/IMG]

Another one of my balloon pics I felt the need to have

P1000768.jpg
[/IMG]

Pressing pennies is probably one of the most important things my kids have to do

P1000760.jpg
[/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter