What do you mean booked?!?

nd_stclgrad

Mouseketeer
Can anybody tell me whether or not WDW withholds releasing its rooms to the public all it once? For example, how come when trying to book a room through their website at the contemp. the only rooms available are club level suites?!?! 7 months in advance?!? The tower rooms can't all be booked. Can they?

The Contemporary is a relatively small resort. The cheaper rooms are always hard to come by. I'm betting with Disney having already released discounted dates into next year, people have been booking early.

The contemporary is also a conference hotel. There may be a conference there during the dates that you looking for a room and the conference may have a hold on a large block of rooms. If the rooms aren't all taken by conference attendees they will be released to the public -- for most hotels this usually this occurs about 4-6 weeks in advance of the conference, although I am not certain on the specific policy at the Contemporary.

Are you trying to book under a special offer/discount? They absolutely make only a certain number of rooms available at each resort under each discount type. Always feel free to pick up the phone and speak to a CM at CRO to get help/insights about the situation at a given resort or with a certain special offer.

and don't forget, 7 months from now is spring break season, so yes, they really can be sold out of regular rooms for late March/early April already.

I remember the early days before the proliferation of resort hotels... with just the Poly and CR, one would have to book a full year or more in advance to get a room on property, much less at a particular resort...

the cheaper room at the deluxe resorts tend to book faster so it being booked 7 months out is not unheard of. we book our trips 9-12 months out sometimes

Sometimes, I hate the website. Saturday I tried to book the GF for 40% off promo, and nothing was available for Feb 10-15, except AK. I finally called on the phone and I got what I wanted without a problem for the dates I wanted. It's worth a phone call.

I've tried several times to get rooms at the contemporary, and never can get pricing on the "cheap" rooms unless it's a year out. Seriously. Don't know why. That is part of the reason we never have stayed there.

:welcome: to the Disboards.

They can be all booked now but keep trying. People cancel all the time.

I hope you get the room you want.

The Contemporary also hosts a good number of conventions each year and the guests attending them get their rooms reserved along time in advanced, so that could be another reason why there is not many left for your dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter