What do you make with your immersion blender?

floridascgirl

DIS Veteran
I just bought a Cuisinart Smart Stick (love the 20% coupon from Bed, Bath & Beyond :thumbsup2) mostly to use for soups and smoothies. I'm wondering what else I can do without running the risk of burning out the motor. What does everyone use theirs for?

I mostly use mine to puree soups because I can do it right in the pot. No need to transfer to blender/food processor.

I use it mostly for pureeing soups. We also have a whisk attachment and a chopper attachment. I use the whisk for cake mixes and such. I use the chopper for nuts, chopping herbs, making dressings. I really do love it. It is so much better than hauling out the mixer, bleder and mini food processor.

I don't know how you will be able to make smoothies. It is not strong enough for frozen fruit.

Mine doesn't have any attachments, so I will most likely be sticking to soups and smoothies. I don't usually use frozen fruit, just whatever fresh is on hand. I guess what I make is more of a "fruitshake".

I have the same one and I'm able to crush ice with it but I also use it for soups and to mix up the flavor part of home made ice cream bases.

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can make homemade hummus with an immersion blender? Not sure if there is enough liquid...probably not. We don't have a food processor or immersion blender and we made it once with a regular blender -- never again, it took forever having to do it in tiny batches!

I use it to purée soups, when I make spaghetti sauce, making ganache. I love mine (KitchenAid). Totally worth the $$$.

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can make homemade hummus with an immersion blender? Not sure if there is enough liquid...probably not. We don't have a food processor or immersion blender and we made it once with a regular blender -- never again, it took forever having to do it in tiny batches!

I have made hummus with mine, but it required a few smashes with the hand held potato masher first.

Just soups, now. I did make refried beans a few times with it, but I prefer a more rustic texture, so I've gone back to just using a potato masher for them.

Soups, occasional shakes, and things like apple butter-make my apple butter in the crockpot, purée it near the end, finish cooking it down. It's one of my favorite appliances.

I forgot hummus, one of the best uses for this blender!

I've found that different beans will mash more easily than others. I dont really like Bush's chickpeas, or Wal-marts for that matter. The best ones I've found are called Carlita's. Good flavor, purees well. There is a organic brand, I think its called Eden something; they are almost as good as Carlitas.

I actually have come to prefer "hummus" made with cannellini beans.

Like everyone else says, I use mine for soups.

A couple weeks ago I used mine to make mashed cauliflower. First I steamed it, then added some milk, butter, salt and pepper and used the immersion blender to mash it.

Tasted great and much lower in carbs (if you care about that sort of thing...) than potatoes. Also very delish if you steam a couple of fingerling or red potatoes with the cauliflower...then it tastes even more like mashed potatoes.

You can make homemade mayonnaise and salad dressings right in the jar you are going to store them in.

Like most, I use it to puree soups in the pot rather than transfering batches to a blender. I once used it to make a milkshake for one of the kids.

I used mine a lot during the summer to make frozen coffee drinks and slushies. Now that the weather is cooler, I warm up milk and use it to froth the milk for faux cappuccinos.

I make gravy with mine (cook the roast in the CP, take it out, use the blender to mash up the carrots, etc. with the juices...YUM!), mashed potatoes, soups, etc.

I got it a few Christmases ago and just started using it, and I LOOOOOOOVE it!

I've crushed ice for slushies, made soup, whipped potatoes(mashed requires smashing not smooth texture), all kinds of shakes, cakes, and even whipped cream with mine. We really love outs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter