What do you make for Grand Welcome?

acf_1991

Mouseketeer
I would like to make my own "Mickey's grand welcome" for my family. The family consists of DM, DSF, DB14, DB9, DD2, and DH.
I was wondering if anyone has ideas that they would like to share to make our July2012 more special?
So far I have:
a stuffed animal for each person
cool homemade tshirts
a penny tube (does that make sense?)
and what else? Help!!
Any template ideas will be good too. ;):thumbsup2

The best thing to do is just scour these boards. I am doing something similar for the kidddos in a large group I am going with. This is a list so far of what I will be doing.

• Custom T Shirt
  • Welcome Letter from Mickey
  • Personalized Candy Bars
  • Hotel Scavenger hunt
  • Lanyard
  • Poncho
  • Autograph Books
  • Disposable Camera
  • Snacks
  • Refillable Personalized Water Bottles
  • Snacks

I will do these just for their arrival and then of course the daily gifts for each park that we are visiting. I also saw a really cute good night kiss template on one of the DISigners pages which is also a good place to look. I hope this helps a little bit. I will try to post pics once I get rolling. BTW, when is your trip??

Great ideas!! We are also working on welcome bags for each of the kiddos in our family for our April 2012 trip, so far we have or are working on :

Stuffed Disney Charcter for each kiddo
For the youngest- new disney pj's
Flip flops for the water parks
disney braclets for the girls
t shirts
snacks
coupons for arcade
favorite snacks
gift cards

We are using the reusable bags from the Disney store to hold everything for each person.

We are picking things up as we see them on sale and have a running speadsheet to know what we already have and for who.

We had baskets delivered to the room a couple years agho when we went but this year we decided to just give it a shot on our own. The kids loved having something special just for them as a surprise when they arrived.

Look for Dolly on the meet the disigners thread. She has a lot of Grand Welcome stuff. I think she has a Mickey one, one with a princess theme and one with a Tink theme. Very cute stuff!

The best thing to do is just scour these boards. I am doing something similar for the kidddos in a large group I am going with. This is a list so far of what I will be doing.

• Custom T Shirt
  • Welcome Letter from Mickey
  • Personalized Candy Bars
  • Hotel Scavenger hunt
  • Lanyard
  • Poncho
  • Autograph Books
  • Disposable Camera
  • Snacks
  • Refillable Personalized Water Bottles
  • Snacks

I will do these just for their arrival and then of course the daily gifts for each park that we are visiting. I also saw a really cute good night kiss template on one of the DISigners pages which is also a good place to look. I hope this helps a little bit. I will try to post pics once I get rolling. BTW, when is your trip??

Please post pictures! I would love to see how everything turns out for you. :cutie: Thanks for all the tips, I think I'm going to use most of your ideas. :) Our trip is July 29th 2012 :wizard:

Great ideas!! We are also working on welcome bags for each of the kiddos in our family for our April 2012 trip, so far we have or are working on :

t shirts
snacks
coupons for arcade
favorite snacks
gift cards

We are using the reusable bags from the Disney store to hold everything for each person.

We are picking things up as we see them on sale and have a running speadsheet to know what we already have and for who.

We had baskets delivered to the room a couple years agho when we went but this year we decided to just give it a shot on our own. The kids loved having something special just for them as a surprise when they arrived.

How did you plan on having the gifts inside the room if you on't mind me asking? I keep trying to think of ways to be able to do it. :confused3 I:confused3 like your idea of having a spreadsheet, do you mind if I copy that idea? :lmao: I also plan on maikng a bracelet for my girl, but I will add her phone number on it in number beads, an idea I got from family fun magazine. Please post pictures!! :banana::lovestruc

Look for Dolly on the meet the disigners thread. She has a lot of Grand Welcome stuff. I think she has a Mickey one, one with a princess theme and one with a Tink theme. Very cute stuff!
Thank you! I will def look into it.

t shirts
snacks
coupons for arcade
favorite snacks
gift cards

OH YEAH!!!! Stole that idea! It is helping keep my OCD in full check :cheer2::cheer2:

Please post pictures! I would love to see how everything turns out for you. :cutie: Thanks for all the tips, I think I'm going to use most of your ideas. :) Our trip is July 29th 2012 :wizard:

How did you plan on having the gifts inside the room if you on't mind me asking? I keep trying to think of ways to be able to do it. :confused3 I:confused3 like your idea of having a spreadsheet, do you mind if I copy that idea? :lmao: I also plan on maikng a bracelet for my girl, but I will add her phone number on it in number beads, an idea I got from family fun magazine. Please post pictures!! :banana::lovestruc

Thank you! I will def look into it.

Thanks so much!!!!I will post pics, I actually added more "stuff" because I ran into a deal at the dollar store. I am doing these bags for 13 children soooooo I have to stay on a TOTAL budget. But so far I have added the following items:
  • Disney Character Go FIsh and other card games
  • crayons
  • tattoos
  • Silly Bands
  • Paddle Balls
  • Compressed Towels (this is my FAV)
  • Character Word Search for older kids
  • Stamp Activity Sets
  • Jump Ropes

That store had TONS of character stuff I actually had to stop myself (or my DH had to) :dance3: I will be taking a picture of the items in the am.....

Great ideas. I have been trying to think of something to do like this for our cruise in June. My daughter will be 13 and my son 12. Any help will be great

Dolly I LOVE LOVE LOVE your work! It Is absolutely amazing! I am officially dedicating one day to do all of this. I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter