What do you mail down ahead of arriving?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Dennfamily4, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Dennfamily4

Dennfamily4 Mouseketeer

Just curious of the items folks mail down to Disney pre-arriving?

I noticed folks send snacks/first aid supplies but I'm curious about what other items I should think about sending down.

Can I send a small coffee maker? I'm staying at POP and I know there's not one in our room. Is this a no-no or can I?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. lathamary

lathamary Mouseketeer

We sent down our coffee maker last time. There are a few good coffee carts around Disney World, but mostly all you can find is the nasty Nescafe instant coffee. We made our own coffee every morning in our room at the All Star Sports resort.

We sent a big box down with the coffee maker and diapers and snacks. Our 5 year old was a big cereal eater at the time, so we also sent down a cooler, cereal, and plastic bowls and spoons. You can buy milk and some other basic food supplies at most resort gift shops, so we bought milk and kept it in the cooler.

We were also able to send the box back home through the front desk via UPS.

4. FlightlessDuck

FlightlessDuck Pluto's personal nose scratcher

Absolutely nothing.

5. sumertime

sumertime Mouseketeer

Last time we went, I ordered diapers, a Woody costume, and glow in the dark bracelets from Amazon before heading down.

6. gonesaleing

gonesaleing Mouseketeer

We eat all our meals in the villas, so we sent down all the non-perishables. I save the box and whatever is left over, I ship home as well.

6 pack bottled water, laundry soap, tin foil, bagged spices for chops, lemon juice concentrate, tinkerbell hat, bisquick-2 cups, 2 mac and cheese, vegetable oil - small brownie mix , mayo-sm, zip lock bags- 2 sizes,bulk sweet and low, meat loaf bag, pouch bag for back of door, canned corn, Mickey ears, granola, canned sauce, oatmeal - me, Clorox wipes, canned tomatoes, onion - 3, power strip, cinnamon, peanut butter-sm, marshmallows, collapsible hamper, popcorn-5 packs, hanging shelf unit, corn flakes, Potatoes- 5, Chlorox Wipes, 3 M removable hooks, dip mixes-3, syrup, dry drink mix, tea bags, dryer sheets, Toiletries - if we do carry on, Baggalini bag, garlic sound machine, Halloween costumes,glow sticks , DVDs to watch – 4,honey mustard dressing , Tupperware flat containers
    hot pepper flakes , water bottles w/fans,jelly-sm , Halloween items
    lasagne noodles , beach tag holders, brita water pitcher and filter.

7. tink20

tink20 DIS Veteran

I sent down breakfast food (poptarts, cereal bars, cereal) We do the DDP, but eat breakfast in our room before heading to the parks. Also, some snacks (cookies, crackers, trail mix) I brought bottled water in the van. We had 7 people and all their luggage, so didn't have much room in the mini-van. I also, threw in there our ponchos. It was about 18lbs. Not too bad. I have done this twice with no problems.

8. amosser

amosser Earning My Ears

When we went for 2 wks I mailed down everything :upsidedow:upsidedow We walked on the plane with a carry on for the 3 of us and that was it. I mailed 3 large boxes down (cost about $100) and they were waiting for us when we got there (and I mailed 7 boxes home :scared1: :rolleyes1 )

9. honeydiane1953

honeydiane1953 DIS Veteran

Yum I want to be "guest". You sound like a great cook.

10. cbvacation

cbvacation Earning My Ears

...can I arrange to mail a package from the resort back to my home at the front desk? I'm thinking of mailing down/back an aerobed to give us a bit more room!

11. Lifeangel1

Lifeangel1 Mouseketeer

We shipped cereal, poptarts, snacks, plastic ware, popup hamper, window decorations and a power strip to the hotel. We shipped some of our dirty clothes home so we had room for our souveniers in our luggage.

12. ICan'tWait

ICan'tWait Mouseketeer

Just curious.... how much did it cost to mail all that? Is it just for convenience of not carrying too much luggage or is it to save money on luggage fees? :upsidedow

13. goodfaerie

goodfaerie DIS Veteran

is a GARLIC SOUND MACHINE?:rotfl:

14. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and Moderator

A former CM had posted here about not shipping via US Mail. While it will work (eventually) it can be slowed to the point where your shipment misses your trip.

Details below:

15. liftn

liftn Hey Now

Everything from clothes to food. We take a small carry on with enough for one day, just in case we can't get into room right away.

16. gonesaleing

gonesaleing Mouseketeer

Here is my menu for the week.
    Breakfasts - cereal, french toast, omelets, muffins.
    Lunches - sandwiches, mac and cheese, salad.
    Dinners - chicken marsala, skillet lasagne, chicken piccata, meatloaf, pork chops in a bag, 2 nights of leftovers. I make a side dish and salad with dinner.
    Dessert- I also get a big tup of cookie dough and bake fresh cookies each night. I make a tray of brownies as well.
    Snacks-carrots, chips, dip, pretzels, popcorn.

Garlic sound machine...lol. Supposed to be garlic, sound machine. I bring one of those machines that make white noise, in case the room is loud. Never had to use it but I bring it anyway.

We fedex our package down. Costs about $25. Pick up fee at CR was $10. I put the resort street address, our last name, ressie number and arrival date on the package as well. We have done this twice and it works out great. We also make a stop at Albertsons on the way to the resort to pick up lunch meats and wine (happy limo does this for free) as well as a garden grocer delivery. Once I unload everything, we are set for the week.

We have always rented homes down the shore so cooking on vacation is the norm. I figure that the money I save on food, I justify staying deluxe. Again, this isn't for everyone but my family loves it.

17. KristyBDJ

KristyBDJ NDM #77

I was thinking of doing this for our May trip. With 4 kids our stuff ads up pretty quickly and to take it ALL on a plane seems crazy! We drove last time, only had 3 kids and driving a Suburban, and we barely had room for us! I over pack but still! Anyway, I plan on having a carry on for each of us and that's it, the rest is heading there via UPS. Besides, even if it costs me the same to ship as all the baggage fees, I can't get myself to pay an airline to bring my luggage...it's part of the deal IMHO. Plus at least UPS will get it there...lord only knows what the airline will do with my baggage!:rotfl2: