What do you like to make in your Crock Pot?

So I've gone through the thread and found some recipes I want to try, now here's my dumb (I'm not a cook) questions. How do you shred meat like chicken? Also, what kind of apples are cooking apples? There are bags on sale this week for like 79 cents a pound that didn't have a type listed. Are these cooking apples?

I'm making a roast today with the the italian dressing and brown gravy packet recipe listed in this thread.

I made 2 of these this week. The Sweet and Sour Chicken and Orange juiced pork chops. I cooked the sweet and sour chicken too long (DH was late and my old crock pot doesn't have a "warm" setting as opposed to low) but it was still pretty good. I think it tasted pretty much like sweet and sour at a chinese place. DH kept saying it tasted familiar. I didn't like the orange juiced pork chops. The sauce was way too sweet for me. I don't like sweeter tastes in general though, I'm more of a savory girl. I think if you liked this kind of taste, it would be really good! Just not for me.

Oh, duh, I made the black bean soup, too. It was good. I didn't think it was the kind of black bean soup I wanted at first because it seemed to have so many tomatoes and so much corn, but in the end, I like it! I froze some smaller portions for later because this is just for me (DH isn't a soup eater) and I'm eating one big bowl for lunch for a few days.

Chicken and dumplings tomorrow!!! (Crock pot cooking has changed my life, can you tell?)

I made the chicken and dumplings today. I added carrots but didn't add onions. No time this morning! It was a success!

I need to go reread a bunch of these as I know there were a few I wanted to make next week.

Shredding chicken is easy... put it on low all day. Come home, grab two forks, open lid and pull it apart. It literally falls apart!

A question similar to the chicken shredding question. If I want to make pulled pork sandwiches, what type of pork to I put in the crock pot to make a "restaurant bbq joint" style pulled pork?

You can use pretty much any apples for cooking apples but the best are a firmer apple.

I tried the chicken and dumplings recipe and loved it! I did find the amount to be small though. I also only added one container of refrigerator bisquits as I think two would have been way too much. It was delicious.

A question similar to the chicken shredding question. If I want to make pulled pork sandwiches, what type of pork to I put in the crock pot to make a "restaurant bbq joint" style pulled pork?

My father in law uses a picnic shoulder. Very good.

These are awesome ideas! I usually cook a pot roast. I let it marinate in a large baggie with Liquid Smoke (Mesquite flavor) and then season it once I pull it out of the baggie. I then put it in the crock pot, along with fresh green beans, mushrooms and sliced onions. Yum! :thumbsup2

I poured a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce on some beef short ribs and let them cook on low all day. They were delicious! :)

would this work with some baby back pork ribs too?

ALERT, STUPID QUESTION AHEAD: do the bones go in the crock pot too?

(I told you it was stupid)

any good recipes for beef short ribs in the crock pot?

Ribs in cooker, top with chopped onion (1).

Mix 1/4 cup flour, 1 cup barbeque sauce, 1/4 cup honey and 1 Tbsp musturd and pour over ribs and onion.

Cook 6 - 8 hours on low or 3 - 4 hours on high.

Remove ribs, skim excess fat, replace ribs, stir until coated.

Enjoy.

1/2 cup of soy sauce (low sodium)
1 12oz. can of orange soda (regular or diet)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Cook on low for about 6 hrs. YUM!! The chicken comes out so tender.

This looks so easy and I love EASYYYY!!! :goodvibes: Going to try it tonight!!!!

This looks so easy and I love EASYYYY!!! :goodvibes: Going to try it tonight!!!!
Be forewarned, it's hit and miss. Some people like it, some hate it. I used to like it a lot, now I like it ok. (Maybe I just got sick of it-I'm in the middle of revamping my go-to recipe collection)

Be forewarned, it's hit and miss. Some people like it, some hate it. I used to like it a lot, now I like it ok. (Maybe I just got sick of it-I'm in the middle of revamping my go-to recipe collection)

Aurora, I tried the recipe and it was not a fan favorite...oh well...I loved how easy it was to throw together...I so need easy in my life.

I am looking for an easy boneless pork chop recipe for the crock pot, anyone? I could read back I am so sure but I am lazy! :laughing:

I am looking for an easy boneless pork chop recipe for the crock pot, anyone? I could read back I am so sure but I am lazy! :laughing:

I posted one on pg 15, tried one that I quoted on 16 and I am sure my sweet and sour chicken would work well with pork chops...1 bottle catalina, 1 jar apricot preserves and 1 packet onion soup mix. Mix the sauce ingredients, pour over chops and cook 4 - 6 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter