What do you like to do right after you first board?

We go to lunch first, then off to the aqua duck. (pools on classic ships). at 1:30 we check out our room.

I'm like the others......lunch, then i like to walk around until until the cabins are ready. Just being on board makes me happy! Even after 11 Disney Cruises I still love just walking around the ships!

This will be our first cruise, but right now our plan is: Guest Services, AquaDuck, Lunch, Kids Club check in!:thumbsup2

We usually eat lunch and explore the ship. Especially if it is new to us. We have been on the Magic and Wonder already, so we know where everything is on those ships, but we will be going on the Fantasy this fall, so it's nice to explore the ship!

Also got to get a adult drink and scope out a great place for the sail away party!!

well since our room wasn't ready, we ate at Cabanas (buffet). But the first thing I did when I got to my room was pull out the magnets I had made and finally decorate my door! I had been waiting for weeks to do that! So happy they stuck!

On our recent Dream cruise, we went up to eat at Cabanas on the outside deck then really enjoyed walking around taking photos. We had also stayed at MCO and boarded early, so many of our photos have very few people in them. There's just so much to see!!

Exactly what we do. Great photos right after boarding! Front to back. Lunch time when we reach Cabanas. ::yes::

We will be boarding for the first time on Monday... Our plan is to hit guest services to get the Tea with Alice tickets and to put our travellers cheques in the onboard acct. Then we'll either hit the pool/grab lunch. While we are having lunch, I will run back to our room and decorate the door, and put the gifts on the bed from Mickey/Minnie. (I'm bringing them, but the girls are only 3 so won't know the difference!)

We've only been on one cruise. We first went to Parrot Cay to eat, then we went up on the pool deck to relax on one of the loungers, which was the only opportunity we took to do it. That's likely what we'll do again on our next cruise.

After we sat around smiling in the lounger at the adult pool for about 30 minutes, my wife went and made an appointment at the spa, then we took the spa tour, then we walked around deck 3 and 4 to find out where everything was, then our room was ready and we went to it and ordered a Mickeybar!

I have a question what time do they close the pools? And is the aqua duck opened also?

We take photos in the atrium and surroundings, then head for lunch at the buffet. After lunch staterooms are usually ready and we head there to see if luggage has arrived. If it has we unpack, if not we start cruising and exploring the ship. This time around we are heading to the Aquaduck as soon as we board then go for lunch.

Ok I think I found my answer! Aqua duck is opened from 12:00 - 3:00. The pools are opened from 12:00 - 3:30. Boat drill is at 4:00 and sail away party is at 4:30. I have my plan of attack for the afternoon.

Well, without looking at the other responses...here's mine.

Other than going to eat lunch right away, I leave the restaurant and go the deck that the stateroom is on and wait for the room to be ready. Relax in the room, get the luggage and unpack. Then off to the sailaway party.

We just got off teh Double Dip on the Dream. LOVED IT.

We stayed at the Hyatt also, and got boarding number 3. We were on the ship by 11:45. AMAZING.

My kids and hubby wore their suits on the boat. I wore mine under my dress. We ate at Cabanas and then hit the pool. We kinda had it to ourselves for a while....and it was NICE. my kids rode the aquaduck.

When it got a little crowded(and hot), we opted to go inside and check to see if our room was ready. It wasn't yet. So, we walked into the Kids Club open house. DO THAT! It is the only time you can go in both sides at once, and you can take pictures. They won't let you take pictures once it's open for secure programming. It was great to get the kids excited to go in. =)
And we got some fun pictures!!

For those who head to guest services to make plans, when does guest services open? I got the impression that it wasn't immediately open when we get on the ship, and most people eat lunch then go once it is open.

Thanks for your feedback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter