What do you like at Sci Fi?

stace1214

DIS Veteran
So I know Sci-Fi isn't the best, but since my children haven't been there before and I know they'll love the atmosphere, we've got a reservation for our upcoming trip. What do you recommend there? We'll be paying OOP for that meal, and we're not picky, I just don't want a terrible meal. TIA!!

So I know Sci-Fi isn't the best, but since my children haven't been there before and I know they'll love the atmosphere, we've got a reservation for our upcoming trip. What do you recommend there? We'll be paying OOP for that meal, and we're not picky, I just don't want a terrible meal. TIA!!
Honestly, stick to the basics. The burgers, fries, onion rings, and shakes are all pretty good. Esp the shakes. OMG!! Oreo shake is to die for. :cloud9:

I've also tried the spinach dip and chicken wings, and both were very good. The ribs are also pretty good, i've had that that a few times. Although once i had a fatty piece of rib and didnt like it. Lol. Im picky with my ribs i guess. :)

We've eaten at SciFi multiple times and while not the best place in all of the world its a great choice at MGM and never anywhere close to terrible. In the past we've really enjoyed their fried pickles and onion rings for appetizers. I also like their salads and burgers, and I'm not sure if its still on the menu but the BLT salmon sandwich was quite good.

We love Sci fi. My husband likes the burgers and I get the salad with grilled salmon on it.

We eat there a lot, and have probably had everything on the menu at least once, but we typically stick to the burgers and shakes. This week, my wife and I both had the Classic Southern Burger, and it was great! They have upped their game on burgers lately. Some of the combinations can be a little strange, but the ingredients quality is well above the "standard" Disney burger you find elsewhere.

There is just something about a burger, fries, and a shake while watching campy black and white sci-fi clips on a big screen...

Like the food, love the ambience! In the past, I've had the Boneless Wings, Crispy Onion Rings, Burgers, The Reuben, and the milkshakes. No complaints from me!

My brother had what we dub "the worst steak in the universe" at Sci-Fi a couple years ago.

DD & I have been back since but we stick to simpler fare - burger, sandwich, salad, occasionally onion rings. Those are generally decent.

Burgers are always good, sandwiches are good, onion rings are a great appetizer. As long as you stick to simple stuff, it's a great place to eat.

We love the ambiance at Sci Fi and wouldn't miss it when at HS. Their rib plate is good.

The burgers are delicious here. Among the best on property. Shakes are crazy good too.

Totally agree! Earlier this year we had lunch at Sci-Fi for the first time in many years. I had a delicious burger which was probably the best I've had on property, the fries were good, and the milk shake was excellent. Someone in our group ordered some onion rings which were also very good. I think burgers/fries/shakes are the signature items at Sci-Fi, stick with those. I've seen reports here over the years from folks who ordered something a little more "exotic" and didn't like it.

The Reuben is very good, as are the burgers. Paired any of the above with onion rings and a shake and you have a worthy meal.

Steve

I agree stick to the basic burgers and fries and don't forget the shakes. I had a veggie burger there that actually pretty good and the fried pickles are pretty good as well.

Several years ago I had the burger. Not good. In June, DH and I split the caprese sandwich and onion rings and enjoyed it! Two of the kids had apps, a wedge salad and chicken wings. They enjoyed them. The other had popcorn chicken kid meal, which was fine.

The onion rings are really good! My daughter loves wings and got the appetizer sampler and the wings were so hot she couldn't eat them. I had the caprese sandwich. It was good. Agree with sticking to basics. We go every year b/c we love the atmosphere, def a must-do.

I had the chicken salad last week and enjoyed it.

My only criticism was that our car seemed to be so dark I had to use my phone torch to see what I was eating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter