What DO you like about the winter

Discussion in 'UK Community Board' started by tony64, Dec 6, 2012.

1. tony64

tony64 <font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font

Most of us hate the cold and wet winter months but what do you like about them.

For me having a hot towel after a shower is one of the few plus points.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tennisfan

tennisfan <font color=blue>Was told off for sliding down the Moderator

I quite like winter with the frosty mornings unless I'm working as there is nothing good about finishing a night shift and having to scrap the car before going home to bed

4. Muscateer

Muscateer DIS Veteran

Usually I spend my winters in the sun but this year I am home for a few weeks. So far I have had a bad cold and cough and had to spend a good while yesterday clearing snow from my driveway but once in 7 years is good for me. I do love the evenings when you know its cold outside and you are inside all snug and toasty with a glass of something nice. :thumbsup2

5. queendisney

queendisney DIS Veteran

I like the fact that spring is on its way!

6. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

I love the anticipation of Christmas. The cold evenings with the Christmas tree lights sparkling and the fire lit. The Christmas songs on a night out with everyone wearing Santa hats or tinsel! Also love going to sleep listening to wind and rain howling outside!
    This time last year I was pregnant and looking forward to my sons arrival so from now on winter time means looking forward to his birthday :)

7. tinks_1989

tinks_1989 <font color=teal>need a <b>like</b> button<br><fon

I love christmas time. I love the shopping centres are festive. I love hearing christmas songs on the radio. Seeing my favourite films on tv. Having good friends round. Parties.

January February though I hate. I am terrible after christmas. Major christmas blues. This January (31st) we are off to WDW and aren't back till 15th February my sister baby is due 25th and my daughters birthday is march 10th so I have plenty to keep me busy thankfully. So will hopefully keep away the blues.

8. Tinks1984

Tinks1984 <font color=red>We're having a mini party!<br><fon

I actually don't mind the Winter months. I love being able to wrap up warm in my jumpers, mittens on and off for a walk somewhere :) I enjoy Christmas too, this year it's my daughters first, so plenty to look forward to there :goodvibes

9. thestevied

thestevied DIS Veteran

I love the cold weather. A chilly day but a bright sunny sky is perfect for me.

10. mandymouse

mandymouse <font color=red>If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Moderator

I hate the winter, I really dislike the cold, it's always dark and I don't like having to wear jumpers. Thankfully I love the build up to Christmas from putting my tree up, wrapping presents, parties and going to the Christingle Service on Christmas Eve. Another plus is that it's my birthday in January. Now roll on the clocks going forward in the Spring ;)

11. TotallyAngelic

TotallyAngelic Disney Addict

I hate the winter big time ... I suffer from S.A.D. and the only good thing about winter is each day passing is one day closer to March, when I regain some normality. I can't think of anything I like about it other than I have an excuse to drink hot chocolate. I am already looking forward to the "what do you like about spring" as I will have a big long and slightly more positive list ;)

12. meggiebeth

meggiebeth Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

The cold and rain plus the short days. No matter how many jumpers I put on I always seem to be cold! I hate how early it gets dark and makes me feel tired earlier if you know what I mean.

What I like is the crisp air, and of course Christmas...! However it's depressing in January when the festive season is over and the weather and events are pretty grim.

Me? I count down the days till summer. Not that that weather will be nice either! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

13. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

I lovvvve the lead up to christmas but find it very flat after that. Like snuggling up with my yankees lit and a good film with herbie my siamese cuddled up next to me.xxxx

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

14. jen_uk

jen_uk <font color=6666cc>Eurovision Nut !!<font color=33

I like that I am escaping it and going to Florida next week!! :beach:

Other than that I love it when its cold outside and I can stay wrapped up under the duvet :goodvibes

Oh and I LOVE new years eve, I don't mean the parties etc, I love the idea of being able to make a fresh start and all the exciting things that are in the year ahead.

15. irenep

irenep DIS Veteran

I love Snow Days - I take DS to the golf course and go sledging down the hill when he should be at school:goodvibes - Its such good fun but he'll be 13 next year and probably wont be interested in that for much longer
    Believe it or not I actually quite enjoy clearing the drive too when we have had a good heavy snowfall!
    And (in the words of the song) its nice to have chestnuts roasting on the open fire:)

16. poppie123

poppie123 <font color=royalblue>Time for the dreaded hair dy

Being able to cover up the excess pounds with chucky clothes. :rotfl2:

17. wifey

wifey DIS Veteran

Warm clothing, slow cooker dinners, snuggling with the cat next to the fire, winter scented candles, Special tv shows, popping to the pond to make sure the birds are fed and happy, frosty day photography, bird and people watching, listening to older Christmas songs and hot chocolate.enjoyinawarming