What do you hope is done on the Dream drydock in 2015?

MissDaisyofTexas

DIS Veteran
So the Dream is having a month-long dry dock in the Fall of 2015...what do you hope/wish is done during that time (from a cosmetic or entertainment perspective)?

My DH hopes the kids' clubs will have a Star Wars section added (like the Avengers Academy on the Magic). Wishful thinking!

They are indicating it is a change in time for what would be the first regular dry dock. They will clean and paint the hull. There has been no mention on any thing on board that will changed to ship, which is new, will have anything other than maintance done to her. Things may have occured that may require extended maintance. Generators, drive engine cylinders, or water purification systems that would take longer time to repair.

This dry dock is way too short and the ship is way too new for any serious renovations. It'll just be a fresh coat of paint, etc., wherever it is needed; it's unlikely they'll change anything.

By law, every so many years ships must be pulled for hull inspection. That is what this dry dock is for. Not to say they won't do a bit of housekeeping, but no major plans.

There was "talk" (rumors whatever we want to call them) about adding Satellite Falls, Aqua Lab, BBB (all like on the Fantasy) and also replacing carpet where needed, touch ups'. Another poster had mentioned their dining crew advised them they'd each be assigned to a MDR during the dry dock to work on but assuming that's also minor cleaning and updates - not sure.

Agree with others, I don't think this will be major (like the Magic) but perhaps there are a few "surprises" or upgrades in store.

Heather

......SF....Aqua Lab...etc....all the extra water features that the Fantasy has!!!!

Satellite falls will most likely he added. It's not that hard to add. There are a few other things that I cannot mention ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Satellite falls will most likely he added. It's not that hard to add. There are a few other things that I cannot mention ;)

Have any hints/ clues about where it's going to be done? I'm hoping for Norfolk, but have a feeling it might be in the Bahamas where the Wonder did her last dry dock. :sad: Any hope for Norfolk?

Have any hints/ clues about where it's going to be done? I'm hoping for Norfolk, but have a feeling it might be in the Bahamas where the Wonder did her last dry dock. :sad: Any hope for Norfolk?

Signs point to Freeport, but you never know w/DCL lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter