• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you have to do to get a towel animal? Updated with picture

plgrn

DIS Veteran
I guess Mom and I got spoiled on DCL by having a new one each day of the cruise, so we anticipate them while staying on property. We never luck out! In desperation, my mother left the mousekeeper a tip with a note that said "we love towel animals!" :lmao:

That didn't work, so Mom made her own.

347%3A37746%7Ffp6%3Enu%3D3235%3E649%3E9%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3232448756386nu0mrj

My mother is a creative genius. :teacher:

Seriously though, we've stayed at AKL, CSR, ASM, POP, and BVs with no towel animals. Maybe I'm just a whiner (ok I totally am), but they are so magical! :wizard: *whine* *whine* *whine* Maybe we will luck out at POR or FW this year.

hint: bring a small child.

when you check in as for a housekeeper that does the towel animals.

go take the course at SSR....

Join the club: 8 trips staying onsite, and never a towel animal. I feel your pain, but wouldn't sleep with anyone to get a towel animal! :lmao:

We always get them at CBR...heck, we've got lots at home...(they actually told us we could take them home and that was why they made them!)
Course, I do have a 5 y.o....Mousekeeping would always leave them and any 'toys/animals' we'd bought in a 'scene' for us to find when we got back. We'd leave them one the next day...back and forth...pretty fun.

We got them at Wilderness Lodge despite not having any kids. We were leaving a tip envelope daily. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but it might have.

FINALLY rec'd our first one at the Poly this trip...and that was because I did mention that they look so adorable....Mousekeeper said that the front lobby area handles that...I had forgotten that the craft area shows the kids how to do "towel oragami" we were off an drunning and when we got back one of the doves that had been taught that day was in our room..so while we did finally have one placed in our room, it was basically the same as if the kids had gone down to the lobby to do it on their own. Kids also brought a ton of their beannie WDW characters along, and we stayed 3 nights at POP and even got the 50 's section, but never was their stuff put on display in the windows....However, magic happened in doefferent places for us than the resort this trip...so all is good.

BamaFan121s said:
We always get them at CBR...heck, we've got lots at home...(they actually told us we could take them home and that was why they made them!)
Course, I do have a 5 y.o....Mousekeeping would always leave them and any 'toys/animals' we'd bought in a 'scene' for us to find when we got back. We'd leave them one the next day...back and forth...pretty fun.

Ok I'm so bringing my Disney plush this trip. Maybe that will get the job done. Or I could just follow spiceycat's advice and out and out ask for them. :teeth: But then I couldn't place mind games with the mousekeepers. :rotfl: Just kidding. :goodvibes

AJKMOM said:
Join the club: 8 trips staying onsite, and never a towel animal. I feel your pain, but wouldn't sleep with anyone to get a towel animal! :lmao:

You say that now...

You'll be right up there with me by trip 10. :rotfl2: ;)

We go to WDW every T'giving...I don't HAVE to eat turkey T'giving day, but if I didn't have the turkey towel animal waiting when I got back... :rotfl:

When I checked into the POFQ a few weeks ago with my adult daughter there was one, (a dog). On the third day there was a towel duck sitting next to the pirate rubber duck I had purchased. It was special. I just thought she was so sweet!
PS I only tip on departure.
Received one also at POP last year. Have never received them at Deluxes. :confused3

What looks like a set of bunny ears is his tail in back..It really was a good ole duck!

LakeAriel said:
Have never received them at Deluxes. :confused3

What's up with that?? Maybe they figure you are getting enough magic by staying at a deluxe. :p Don't they realize you can never have enough?? :tink:

BamaFan121s said:
We go to WDW every T'giving...I don't HAVE to eat turkey T'giving day, but if I didn't have the turkey towel animal waiting when I got back... :rotfl:

That is so funny! BTW, where in Alabama are you? I'm close to Huntsville. AND going to my second Bama game ever on the 16th. :goodvibes

You guys will hate me, but, I'm a single adult-- I either travel alone, or with other single adults. I don't want, nor need towel animals. I never take them with me (they would just be clutter), and I don't think they are particularly cute... That said, I can't remember a trip when I DIDN'T get a towel animal!

WL, 2 adults and everyday we had one for the entire time we were there, 9 days and I don't think my son slept with the mousekeeper :scratchin

DisneyGirl said:
You guys will hate me, but, I'm a single adult-- I either travel alone, or with other single adults. I don't want, nor need towel animals. I never take them with me (they would just be clutter), and I don't think they are particularly cute... That said, I can't remember a trip when I DIDN'T get a towel animal!

Nah, we don't hate you, but isn't that how these things go? :rolleyes:

plgrn said:
That is so funny! BTW, where in Alabama are you? I'm close to Huntsville. AND going to my second Bama game ever on the 16th. :goodvibes

Ah...LA-Monroe...we're going to the Duke game, probably a few others too. I grew up going to AL games. Actually, we're driving to WDW the day BEFORE the AL/AU game just so we will be there in time to watch it. :blush:
I'm just outside of B'ham, about 15 min.

This bunny was waiting for us when we checked into BWV in June and the only person I've slept with at WDW was my ex. :goodvibes Well, he wasn't my ex then!

towelbunnyBWV.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter