What do you guys condider a "good price" for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise

Wait a minute, WDW tickets can be reserved on my disney card for no interest in conjunction with the cruise?? Will I always be able to use my disney card no interest for trips (like besides my first introductory cruise) in the future?

Now I'm getting excited...

and yes I'm sure the $50 was part of the opening up the credit line, but I was excited because I got both the $50 on board credit AND a $50 gift card when I got home (I wasn't sure if it was an either/or thing) along with the cruise interest free (and I knew that only the cruise fare was interest free, not the trip incidentals)

VERY interesting about the WDW tickets or should I ask you to clarify if that only refers to staying with the resorts?

For me... I will not pay more than $100 per day per person for a cruise, and for that it better at least be a balcony guarantee. That price won't get a Disney cruise, but it will get many of the other main lines out there.

Wait a minute, WDW tickets can be reserved on my disney card for no interest in conjunction with the cruise?? Will I always be able to use my disney card no interest for trips (like besides my first introductory cruise) in the future?

Now I'm getting excited...

and yes I'm sure the $50 was part of the opening up the credit line, but I was excited because I got both the $50 on board credit AND a $50 gift card when I got home (I wasn't sure if it was an either/or thing) along with the cruise interest free (and I knew that only the cruise fare was interest free, not the trip incidentals)

VERY interesting about the WDW tickets or should I ask you to clarify if that only refers to staying with the resorts?

I believe the official wording is "packages booked through the Walt Disney Travel Agency" or something to that affect. But we have found that tickets purchased *in advance* and through WDW, as well as room only reservations (also paid for in advance), netted us the 6-months-no-interest. Also, if you wish to put $$ towards your onboard account - again *in advance* - that will also qualify. Caveat that, I believe there's a minimum of $100 on any vacation financing to qualify.

Perks may change, but the vacation financing has been around since Day One for the Disney Visa. (I believe the $50 OBC for cruises has been discontinued as of this coming September, but could be re-instated again in the future.)

That is a good price for a verandah on a 7-night Fantasy cruise IMO. Just looked up for the four of us and it would be $3950 for an OGT or a $4164 for a VGT. My max for a cat 8 is around $4000 with the 10% OBB discount, so if we could go in May I would jump on that price. :(

OMG!!! I just checked the opening day prices for the 5/25/13 Fantasy cruise. These are from the gold opening day. These are the possible rooms you could get with the VGT!!!! This is the first time I have seen the *GT prices be this much less than the opening day prices for a 7-night cruise out of PC.

4A 2A2C [14,10] $6269.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11
4B 2A2C [14,10] $6213.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11
4C 2A2C [14,10] $6157.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11
4D 2A2C [14,10] $6101.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11
4E 2A2C [14,10] $6045.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11
5A 2A2C [14,10] $5989.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11
5B 2A2C [14,10] $5933.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11
5C 2A2C [14,10] $5877.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11
5D 2A2C [14,10] $5821.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11
6A 2A2C [14,10] $5709.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11
6B 2A2C [14,10] $5667.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11
7A 2A2C [14,10] $5625.08 no ins/trns *10/21/11

This is the first time I have seen the *GT prices be this much less than the opening day prices.

Most of our WBPC cruise meet thread are folks who booked opening day and then saved thousands, even after the cancellation penalty, by rebooking a *GT rate when they were released. We were supposed to be on the 5/25 Western and had already cancelled because the opening day price that we had gotten was simply too much for just a week. The Fantasy has some serious sticker shock (especially when travel expenses are factored in) for those of us used to the Wonder's standard rates when she was on the west coast, LOL.

Yeah, they had a hard time giving those MR cruises away on the Wonder. You won't find much at that price out of PC for a 7-night cruise. I remember the PC repo. That was a great rate. I was thinking about 7-night cruises. Should have specified that. :)

That $50 might have been because it was a new card (new card offer, first use or something like that). Typically, you will have to request a Rewards Card and transfer the points off - they won't automatically be sent to you.

You are correct that the cruise fare qualifies for 6-months at no interest, as well as any pre- or post-cruise WDW reservations. However, actual purchases onboard (including the final KTTW onboard account) or while at WDW will be considered regular purchases.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you pay with your Disney rewards card, you get a $50 OBC. Just call and ask them to apply it. It does not have to be a new card.

Sorry, just read the PP clearly, and you were referring to the card in the mail.

Yeah, they had a hard time giving those MR cruises away on the Wonder. You won't find much at that price out of PC for a 7-night cruise. I remember the PC repo. That was a great rate. I was thinking about 7-night cruises. Should have specified that. :)

They had a hard time because they were introducing the ship to the market at 7 nights instead of 3/4. How often do people post here that they're starting with a shorter cruise to see if they like it or are worth it? The 2-nighter out of San Diego in 2014 is priced way higher PP/night than the MRs they were "giving away" and it's not having a problem selling at all. I got two families who would never commit to a 7-night MR the entire time the Wonder was here to book the 2-nighter on opening day. The lack of travel expenses makes it a much better deal than paying through the nose for the Fantasy.

I booked this last week's with my new Disney Chase card. We now intend to put most of our purchases from here on out on it so that we can try and accrue as many points as we can towards our next disney trip. Because I used my Disney card, I got a $50 on board credit, and the cruise fare is supposed to be 6 months same as cash because I used the Disney card for the cruise. (We shall see if that happens, its too soon to tell.) But the Disney card appears to give you 1% in Disney points and each point is a one for one ratio. In other word, $1 Disney dollar can be used as $1. (If you have $89, you can buy a Disney world ticket) etc. So I'm hoping the points add up REAL quick (especially with all the spa services etc my twinkie used on the cruise!) and that we will be having a nice lil Disney nest egg to go towards our next one...

I know this is a bit off topic, but the OP was discussing which card they put it in and any relevant discounts with it.

Does anyone else have the Disney card and can tell me how it is going?

Btw, when I got home, because we had used so much on the card right away (with our whole Disney trip being on it), we had a $50 Disney card waiting for us in the mail! So that is reward number 1. I'm going to hope to start stock piling these babies if possible... DCL here I come...

I've had mine for a couple years and use the 0% every time. It's great. Your statement will list the exp date. As a pp mentioned, onboard purchases don't qualify for the 0% but you can prepay gratuities and also add some of your own OBC and they do qualify. Sorry, I always forget the deadline to do this, maybe a week or 10 days? :scratchin Anyway, I usually do this around 2 weeks prior so that it has its own exp date later than the cruise final payment.
In OP's case, it would all be on the same statement most likely since it's a last minute cruise. For example I just made my final payment for our Aug cruise. 0% for that will expire in Oct. Then around the 1st week of Aug I will have my TA prepay gratuities & add some OBC. 0% on those charges won't expire til Feb. I do the same with port transfers though this time it won't be practical to use the DCL bus.

I only use it for DCL & don't really bother with the points. Yes, I'll redeem them when they're there but I prefer to use my Southwest card for everyday purchases & get free flights.

Well, the *GT rates are gone for the 25th's cruise. Only some inside rooms left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter