• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you get ungrateful kids for Christmas??

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
I gotta slime for a minute about my brother's kids. My niece and nephew. It's horrible that I say this about family but they're brats. He has twins: one boy, one girl 6 years old.

The girl always gets her way as long as she cries about things and the boy is a bully who, the last time we got together, kicked my son in the back and gave him a giant gash.

Now comes the annual Christmas exchange. What to get them? They have everything and never say thank you for what they get.

I really don't want to buy them toys. Books? Magazines? Clothes?

What do you think?

I would get them toys. The loudest, shrillest, most obnoxiously annoying toys you can find. Toys that burn through batteries every 5 minutes. Toys the kids will love and your brother (and wife if there is one) will hate. Instead of "punishing" the kids, punish the parents :)

I would get them toys. The loudest, shrillest, most obnoxiously annoying toys you can find. Toys that burn through batteries every 5 minutes. Toys the kids will love and your brother (and wife if there is one) will hate. Instead of "punishing" the kids, punish the parents :)

:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

Or give them a craft set with a million little pieces....(actually crafts make good gifts for this age - try an Orb mosaic set.)

something extremely messy...or like others said go into a toy store and ask for the most annoying loudest toy. Include batteries if needed...

I would give a donation to a zoo(because that's where they really belong) in their names. Or donate to some organization in the little monster's names that helps kids who would not be ungrateful, hey, someone has to teach them about empathy and humility, doesn't look like their parents are.

I would give a donation to a zoo(because that's where they really belong) in their names. Or donate to some organization in the little monster's names that helps kids who would not be ungrateful, hey, someone has to teach them about empathy and humility, doesn't look like their parents are.

This is exactly what I was going to say. If they have everything, give something in their names to someone who has nothing. Or buy two toys and take it to the local childrens hospital and tell them you bought toys from them and gave them to kids who can't be home for christmas. They can cry and moan about it all they want, it's better than the dog crate that was my original idea.

I think books, magazines, &/or clothes are a good idea. The Gap usually has a great deal on sweatshirts & pajamas around now. Hightlights magazine was one of my favorites as a kid. Check out Berenstain Bear's books about manners (especially on saying "please & thank you"- they could probably use them). I'm in a situation similar to yours, & we don't buy to make the kid happy (b/c she's going to be rude & mean regardless). We buy to make my MIL & the girl's parents happy. If you want to tick off her parents, buy a large playdough set with lots of pieces.

This is exactly what I was going to say. If they have everything, give something in their names to someone who has nothing. Or buy two toys and take it to the local childrens hospital and tell them you bought toys from them and gave them to kids who can't be home for christmas. They can cry and moan about it all they want, it's better than the dog crate that was my original idea.

Toys going to children's hospital is a good one as well. Love the dog crate idea, hey this year dog crate, if they still don't wise up upgrade them to the zoo where they will find out that other animals eat their young for that sort of behavoir lol.

Yep! A donation made in their names to a charity. That way someone WILL appreciate the gift and you might even get a "thank you" for it.

Ok, I'm in a silly mood but an previous boss gave me this idea: for the whiner cry girl, a pacifier. Honestly, my boss would hand out pacifiers to the whiners, didn't say she was a good boss but it was hilarious.

For bully boy: you know I would just scare him with my mean voice and show him what it's like to be bullied.

These kids act like this because no one puts their little behinds in check. It isn't going to be cute when they get older and real life people don't put up with it.

And for their parents: you know those foam bats? or even foam darts, anytime during the holiday gathering the parent doesn't put their kid in check/ bam right to the kisser and hit the parent with it.

seriously, i have had too much sugar today.

What about a children's manner book!

Really, I love the Samaritan's Purse gift catalog of donations. You can give stuff like cows and goats to a needy country and the people you donate in honor of get a card letting them know.

This sounds just like my cousins. They are 5 and 9 and they will open a present and tell you 'oh we already have this.' As well, for eachothers birthdays they expect gifts for themselves because my aunts and grandpa and grandma buy both kids gifts on the others birthday so nobody feels 'left out.' They honestly will go up to their mom on their siblings birthday and ask where their present is and their mom will say ask so and so. My aunts and grandma and grandpa say they are to young to understand that they don't get gifts on someone elses birthday, but I think at 5 and 9 they should understand, they were brought up to not understand. I never got presents on my brothers birthdays when I was that age.

Sorry for the rant, but it just bugs me so much how kids can be so bratty and spoilt!!! :sad2:

What about a children's manner book!

Really, I love the Samaritan's Purse gift catalog of donations. You can give stuff like cows and goats to a needy country and the people you donate in honor of get a card letting them know.

Or a book to the parents of how to raise their kids not to act like little heathens. lol

I never heard of that gift catalog, that sounds very neat, have to go see what I can find out about it-no not for little heathens but i'm always interested in giving to different causes when I can. thanks for sharing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter