what do you feel to be the best use year?

Best month?

• January

• February

• March

• April

• May

• June

• July

• August

• September

• October

• November

• December

Results are only viewable after voting.
The month that is closet to the beginning of your travel patterns.

If you travel in Jun, then and Aug UY is bad.

We don't have the greatest UY for us right now, we have a Dec UY. And we travel in Oct at times. However, as we get older and want to spend more time there in the winter months to get away from the cold, we will do alot more Jan and Feb. As long as we don't cancel its no problem.

I feel October is the best UY b/c we wouldn't necessarily vacation in June/July/August but we have 3 contracts with 2 UY - February and October. February was given to us when we purchased direct and I had no idea you could ask for another UY. October is my preference so that gets my vote!

We like our April UY.

We travel almost exclusively in the summer to WDW, so this gives us plenty of time to bank if we plan a trip for the summer but cancel and decide to bank instead.

We were able to choose our use year when we bought in. Our guide asked us when we'd be traveling most. DH is a teacher, so we said we'd mostly travel in the summer. So she recommended the April use year. It works great for us!

before the banking window was changed:rolleyes1our UY of Oct was flexible for our summer trips. If buying now I'd pick April to accommodate both summer & our typical Oct/Dec travel.

It's really an individual question. I chose April when I bought because I planned to travel in May and October-December and it's always worked for me.

There is no January, May, July or November use year.

I purchased an August UY. I am a teacher so for the forseeable future trips will need to be during school holidays (August, March ... June/July in WDW too hot and busy.) I plan to squeeze in the occasional Canadian Thanksgiving (Columbus Day in the US) and early January trip (assuming the school calendar cooperates ... it will be this coming school year).

Once I retire, I'm looking forward to being able to spend more time in WDW during the fall/winter months so August UY seemed the best option for right now and into the future.

We wouldn't travel in June, July or August, and not in Jan, Feb or March. We would choose either April or September.

April - banking window is Nov 30th, so if we book in Dec, we would still cancel 31 days out, so still within banking window.

Sept - banking window is April 30th, so if we book May, we would still cancel 31 days out, so still within banking window.

Unfotunately, these are the 2 least plentiful UY around, but with both as an option, it double our chances of finding a perfect contract (our 1st.)

When I think about how I travel now April would be best, but I can foresee traveling at other times too when April wouldn't be the best. It seems when I think of all the times I might like to visit WDW, no matter what the UY is, I'll travel during the last four months of the UY

For us, October would be great. Unfortunately, we didn't know we could choose way back when we purchased, so we have a March use year, and it hasn't been an issue at all.

We have an August UY which isn't the best for our usual "summer" trips. However we only have 4 years of HS left for our youngest and that will free us from our "summer trips" as school sports will no longer be an issue any more. We also have a November trip planned on top of our June trip this year so the August UY works nicely for that. I would say if we had our choice it would be April, but that wasn't a choice at BLT when we purchased. I am sure our travel habits will not stay the same over the course of the next 45 plus years so overall I think it will work out just fine. :)

We chose October since we prefer to travel to WDW when it is not hot and humid. Our UY is at the beginning of the time frame we like to visit WDW.

We chose October since we prefer to travel to WDW when it is not hot and humid. Our UY is at the beginning of the time frame we like to visit WDW.

+1 - i love the christmas decorations.

(but for someone who preferred to travel in july/august due to school schedules, it would be a poor choice.)

We are cheap with points and prefer to go during adventure season- Sept, December, January and occasionally October. September use year works perfectly for us.

We have June UY because we travel in the summer right now. We also will be traveling in the fall and early winter when we retire so it works well for that time period.

"Not very important at all" should be another poll option.
Yep, this would be my vote.

If you know what you're doing and pay attention, UY is very rarely going to cause any problems. Falling asleep at the switch is what causes problems...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter