What do you eat for breakfast at hotel?

stubby

Mouseketeer
We always leave the hotel before breakfast time so we have to come up with something to eat on our own. What do you guys usually eat?

Last trip we took honey buns, donuts, and stuff like that and NO ONE ate them and then we were starving by lunch-usually ate at 11:30.

Hoping for some options the kids will eat.

Well, the million dollar question is does your hotel have a fridge? If so, I usually have a small container of milk (from 7-11 or something) and some cereal, or a Clif bar/Power bar with milk, and 7-11 also sells fresh fruit cups and bananas, apples, and oranges from the refrigerated section. Instant oatmeal is good too if you don't have a fridge, just a coffee maker for hot water.

If you have a fridge AND a microwave (double score), you can buy those frozen breakfast sandwiches. They don't have to stay frozen if you're eating them within a week you can keep them in the regular fridge.

If you go to an actual grocery store, your options are more plentiful.

Our place provides breakfast early enough for us to eat quick and get to the parks. I usually have bagel and cream cheese, which if you have a fridge in the room you can do. I suggest whatever you do, have some protein. It will hold you over longer in the parks than a doughnut or cin. roll. Peanut butter on crackers or bread. Maybe some type of protein breakfast bar. If you have a frigde in room, you can hard boil some eggs at home to eat on the go.

We typically opt for the jumbo sized cinnamon rolls in the parks. We buy two for the four of us and split them. More than enough to get going for the day.

We usually grab McDonalds breakfast, donuts, or grab muffins and stuff that the hotel offers. I'm not big on eating like at home when on vacation. lol So I don't do cereal or hard boil eggs. But those are good options if you have a fridge.

Fridge and Micro - Instant Oatmeal (we sometimes make it with just hot water from the coffee maker if there's no microwave)

Fridge only - Cereal, milk, yogurt/granola, fruit, peanut butter and banana on bagels.

Peanut butter on crackers or bread.

This is what I would suggest. You don't have to refridgerate PB. You can put it on the above or sliced apples, eat it with banannas on sandwhiches.

Cereal, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal (we have used a coffee pot or the microwave), granola bars and bagels w/cream cheese (untoasted, my kids like them that way). My son usually has a peanut butter and jelly sandwich since it is his favorite food in the world and it is easy. I usually just do some sort of protein bar/shake as I am not a breakfast person.

We've cooked big breakfasts; eggs, hashbowns, turkey bacon etc and we've done the bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruit route too. It all depends on the amenities.

I bought a cheap toaster and took it with me.We toasted waffles,bagels and left the toaster at the hotel when we left. I filled the space with souveniers. We bought yogurt,juice and milk and saved tons of money. :banana:

The Dobies don't eat breakfast. We have a coffee or cocoa, grab a snack around 9:30 or 10 and then have an early lunch.

Cereal with milk is most common. Also yogurt (I love to buy frozen berries that I keep in the fridge to thaw and granola to top the yogurt with). Muffins, cheese, bagels and cream cheese, fruit, oatmeal, etc. I have to have protein or I don't last long!

We brought instant oatmeal and also picked up some milk and fruit from 7-11- worked at the crack of dawn (we were rope drop people) for the 1st meal of the day- we tended to have a 2nd brekkie (some sort of pastry) later on.

I bake muffins before we go and bring those down. We eat some on the road and then the leftovers for breakfast on the first morning. On subsequent mornings we most often eat cereal and bananas or packaged fruit cups. We always get a room with a fridge so we can store some milk for cereal or just for drinking. Mid-morning in the parks, we eat apples that we have carried in the backpack. Sometimes that's when we'll pick up a treat or second breakfast, depending on our hunger levels that day. Other times we wait until lunchtime.

Since the family is usually up by 0500 we all grab breakfast, mostly protein, eggs, bacon, sausage and the like. The bad carbs usually wear off to quickly. We have most of the food delivered by Von's so not much hassle.

Jack

If you find your not eating breakfast before you go I would just toss some nutragrain, granola bars, or cliff bars in your backpack, along with some nuts, and some fruit for a mid morning snack in the park. These are easy to eat in line too. We packed in peanut butter and Jelly sandwhiches and ate them mid morning.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. Had thought about McD's but then we would have to leave even earlier. It is so hard to get up in the AM anyway after such a late night at the parks. But, maybe a day or 2 we could do that. Also like the cinnamon roll in the park idea. And going to keep a few things in the hotel.

Most of the time it is room service...our grandson loves Mickey pancakes and a big glass of cold milk ... a big pot of coffee, pastries and fresh fruit for the rest of us.

We've done:
cereal and milk (those mini cereal boxes you open that double as the bowl)
oatmeal
granola bars/fruit bars
cinnamon rolls/donuts/muffins
fruit (apples,oranges, bananas)
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (natural pb and fruit only jelly--it's healthier than cinnamon rolls!)

I try not to have them eat just sweet stuff, but without a kitchen, can't get the bacon and eggs cooked. :rotfl2:

We fly, so we pack oatmeal packets and small packets of dried fruit. We mix the dried fruit with the oatmeal. We get hot water out of the coffee maker to make the oatmeal. It works perfectly!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter