What do you do?!?!??!?!

loumack

Earning My Ears
Hi

Myself and OH are going to Orlando in just over a week :woohoo: . We have our flexitickets bought - but thats about all we have planned. We know we are going to do all the parks on the ticket, but dont have specific days set. We also want to get a bit of shopping in!!!

Do you guys recommend having a full schedule (with dinner reservations etc) or just going with the flow?

He wants the full schedule & I kinda just wanna go with the flow :goodvibes

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Lou xx

I kind of have a schedule.
As we have the dining plan I have booked ADR'S for most days but as it's just me and DH and this will be our 4th trip I dont have a set schedule for parks and exactly what we are doing on each day. We will kind of play it by ear as long as we can make our ADR...

The first time we went we had every minute of every day planned but I feel that we can now take things a bit easier. We wanted to make sure that we would get everything done on our first visit - we didn't know we would visit again at the time...
:)

The only time we have had a schedule as such was the last time we went - and that was because my sister and family were with us and had lots that wanted to see and do, including some character meals, and this was the only way of making sure we fitted it all in.

As for the ADR's - you are going in just over a week so I would be surprised if you could get any at this short notice, especially if some of the more popular restaurants are on your list. Remember that you are also smack bang in the middle of Free Dining.
You may have more success with walk ups - especially if you go with your more flexible approach, but try to have a back up in mind.

ADRs at the better restaurants will be pretty much full by now
Are you on or offsite? Car?
Our first time we stayed offsite with a car, ate offsite and played it by ear.
Last time we were onsite with the dining plan and made ADRs for all our meals :)

:goodvibes

You only mentioned a flex ticket - are you doing Disney at all? If not I would just go with the flow - you don't need to worry about booking meals off site! :goodvibes

as the others have mentioned, whether you need or will want ADR'Swill depend on where you plan to eat and how you like to eat. if you want to eat table service on site then ADR'S do help (and sort of force you to stick to a plan if you have one).
We are due to go on sep 2nd and were not planning on using the dining plan until yesterday so I had to spend a while sorting ADR's yesterday still managed to get most of my meals sorted. It did take me a few hours online though :scared1:

If you are not planning to eat table service - or are not doing disney then ADR's wont matter. We have also had success with walk up's before as there is only me and DH but sometimes have a long wait - especially with going during free dining.

If you are not too fussed where you eat then if you go onto disney US and dining(where to eat) at the top right put your day in and which park/hotel you want to eat at it will bring up all availibility. The main times may be gone but you could prob have a late breakfast/early lunch or a late (20.00hrs) evening meal. I have booked our meals and done a sort of itinery but it is not strict to the last minute. Trying half days at different parks this time. Dont know if it will work but makes sense as we have meals booked at epcot for 3 evenings but dont necessarily want to do 3 whole days there.Will see how it goes. Its all part of the fun but just book a few resturants and like others have said try for walk ups. Have a fab time anyway:thumbsup2

If it's just two of you not doing disney I wouldn't bother with a plan.

We did lots of trips like this before we had our daughter.

Instead I used to have a list of things I wanted to do and park/shopping centre hours.

I also used to have a list off offsite restaurants on my hit list and sign up for coupons a week or so before. You don't need reservations for dining offsite.

Then we used to very much just go with the flow.

Now staying onsite with a 4 yr old and DDP we have a plan of which park each day and an adr each day - very different.

Thanks guys....

Have made a plan (ish) I suppose. We arrive on Wed so were just gonna take it easy after the flight. Thurs we're gonna see Seaworld or Aquatica. We have booked the HRH for Friday night which means were gonna do IOA & Studios Friday & Saturday to take advantage of the Express Pass. Will probably need to take it easy Sunday (maybe get in a bit of shopping on I drive or the malls!!!! :rolleyes1). I think from there we will just then play it by ear and go with the flow.

Havent got tickets for Disney yet - Will see how funds/time are when we're there!! Feel better now that we kinda have something in place!!!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter