What do you do with your camera and stuff

mom2mykids

Wishin' I was at Disney!
I read about needing to put your stuff in lockers at certain rides, like Forbidden Journey. Is your stuff secure or could someone take it? I'm mostly worried about my camera.

Also on water rides is there a way to keep things dry? I guess I could break out a big ziplock bag, LOL

TIA!

If I recall, the lockers are bio-metric in nature, meaning that they are keyed to your fingerprint. We never had a problem when we were there.

I've used the lockers without incidents many times, but I find them to be a bit of a hassle, so I do try to tour IOA with as little as possible. I purposely bought shorts with extra pockets that zip or button so I can fit my camera, cell phone, whatever else in there.

One of my friends had stuff stolen from a locker once, so it does happen, but I don't know how often.

Sometimes people forget to actually lock the lockers, they just close them. Make sure that you carefully follow all instructions!

On RRR do not forget to put your phone and camera in the locker or leave it with someone who is not riding. I am now out an Iphone becuase of this :) whoops! Well good excuse to buy the new Iphone 4 I guess.

I wore a fanny pack that contained my camera and phone on FJ and RRR and didn't have any problems. Just remember to move the pack to your side so it doesn't smash into your stomach when the restraining bar comes down.

You will want your camera on FJ. There are a lot of picture chances in the walk through of the castle.

DG

You will want your camera on FJ. There are a lot of picture chances in the walk through of the castle.

DG
If you bring your small camera or phone on FJ there is a little capartment in your seat you can put them in so they don't fall out on the ride.

If you bring your small camera or phone on FJ there is a little capartment in your seat you can put them in so they don't fall out on the ride.

Just don't forget them when you get off.

I also recommend cargo pants for cell phones or smal cameras, but use the lower leg pockets so they don't interfere with the harnesses.

I have a big SLR camera....and I want to use it to take pictures of the queue before FJ......is there enough space on the ride itself to store it? or will I be able to hold it?

I would be careful with how much you leave in the lockers - our stuff was stolen during our last trip. And the door was locked, we checked it several times before we left it.

I'm not sure how often that happens, I'd like (hope) to believe that it's a rare occurance, but it did happen to us, and it is a day-wrecking thing to have happen. Someone had already spent $500 on my friend's credit card by the time we'd called to cancel them.

The good news is the backpack wound up being dropped off at Lost & Found and we got it back on the way out of the park. Amazingly, they didn't take any of the cash, but they did take the credit card and the digital camera, which had all of the pictures of my friends kids' at WDW. We never found the camera.

So if you have to use them...watch out what you put in there. This upcoming trip will be my first time back since that whole thing, and I'm already working out how little I'm going to carry so I can avoid the lockers if I can.

I have a big SLR camera....and I want to use it to take pictures of the queue before FJ......is there enough space on the ride itself to store it? or will I be able to hold it?

SLR's are a bit iffy. I dont think they'll fit in the seat "pocket" which is more like a tiny box. And the ride is a bit jerky, plus its got an over the shoulder harness which is pretty narrow in the middle. I wouldn't risk it. Maybe you should consider a child swap for your camera. The TMs might go for it. :)

We just bring my DM (70) who loves to just go to experience the atmosphere of the parks/vacation and doesnt really ride much. She holds everything we cant take onboard. She doesnt mind at all. It was funny on this past trip ( 6-20 through 6-25) we sometimes put all of our fanny packs/pouches around her for certain rides, so she had 4 of them on at once, including her own. She said she got lots of funny looks at her as she sat waiting for us all to come back. It was much safer than chancing the lockers.

I was thinking about this also. I know that everyone says to carry as little as possible but I was going to buy the refillable cups. Maybe I will just opt out for the free ice cup option. I can ask any street vendor for ice water? With that problem solved what about sun screen that I will have to reapply to the kids at noon or after they run through the water fountains? I am also the type that carry rain gear, sweat shirts for the restaurant (always to cold after being out in the warm Florida sun otherwise I can't enjoy my meal) and of course 4 pairs of sunglasses. Interested in how others do this!

For refillable cups, portable misters, rain gear and sunscreen, just bring a backpack and put it in the locker. You really don't need these on the rides.

For refillable cups, portable misters, rain gear and sunscreen, just bring a backpack and put it in the locker. You really don't need these on the rides.

Do you the lockers for rides or do you use a locker at the front of the park?

There are lockers beside each ride that requires you to not have stuff on the ride. We out everything in ours for our whole trip and it was always there when we got back.

Marsha

Don't plan on putting wands purchased at Olivander's in the FJ lockers, they won't fit! Talk about not thinking things through.:confused3

Don't plan on putting wands purchased at Olivander's in the FJ lockers, they won't fit! Talk about not thinking things through.:confused3

How small are these lockers? I've got a backpack full of camera gear to store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter