What do you do with people that cut in line to meet up with group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have to leave a line for any reason, we do not try to rejoin the line later. One parent may stay with a child for the ride while the other takes a child to the bathroom. We meet up after the ones in line have ridden the ride. Otherwise, we all get out of the line. I would never want to work my way back through a line. I would rather wait through the line a second time.

I try not to worry too much about other people's actions. I can only control my own actions. I think if people worried less about what other people were doing, the world would be a happier place. If something isn't truly harming other people, than we probably shouldn't get involved.

I am a rule follower. I like to follow rules because that makes it so I can sleep at night. I wish other people followed the rules, but I am not going to get stressed about it if they don't.

Little trivial things start that way but can then turn into bigger issues for society in general.

Most of this argument seems to be about line holding more than line cutting. I really don't see any scenario where line holding is going to lead to societal decay on a massive scale.

The thing is, it irritates you and people may share in that irritation. I get that. Personally, I wouldn't try to work my way back through a line because I'm a pretty big guy and I don't want to say "Excuse me" a thousand times.

But, why raise your blood pressure, probably shorten your life, and probably not be a pleasure for your loved ones to be around on vacation over something that really only affects about, I don't know, 30 seconds of your life? The idea that you or anybody else that says something is somehow saving or standing up for society is just silly and actually kind of self righteously arrogant.

:thumbsup2

Yep if it is no big deal then why dont you(general you) move back to where your family is vs plowing through the line. You wont mind waiting a few extra minutes will ya? I mean you are telling me it shouldnt matter if I wait, but it is not ok for your family:confused3

If my family is already in line, why would I make them move back? :confused3 they're IN the line already and adding one more makes no difference to anyone else.

I'm so glad when I'm at Disney, I'm not so bothered by strangers like people on this board seem to be. It must be a nightmare because I'm intent on enjoying my holiday. Things happen, you're in line for a RIDE or a CHARACTER! Not the last kidney.....

If my family is already in line, why would I make them move back? :confused3 they're IN the line already and adding one more makes no difference to anyone else.

I'm so glad when I'm at Disney, I'm not so bothered by strangers like people on this board seem to be. It must be a nightmare because I'm intent on enjoying my holiday. Things happen, you're in line for a RIDE or a CHARACTER! Not the last kidney.....

So you would be ok with 15 teens joining 2 teens who waited in the line already? They arent a family but in your scenario it should be ok. One or 15 shouldnt matter should it, they all want to ride together, right?

Because depending on the circumstance, you were never IN THE LINE to begin with. They were in line but not you. Or because it is NOT FAIR to others around you, making them move back would be considerate to all those people that actually did wait. It is not fair that you can rejoin your spot bc you had a larger group to hold your spot, it is unfair to the solo traveler who would like to leave the line to go to the bathroom, grab a drink etc. It is unfair to the dad in line with his two little kids while mom is at a conference at the resort, who cant leave the line to check on the stroller or buy that frozen lemonade. They couldnt run and get a FP and then join up with their group etc.

And to the other poster, my blood pressure tends to run low, so I am good if it rises just a tad;):lmao:

They are in but you are not and never were. One body holds spot only for one body, not the rest of your family, friends and coworkers. You want to ride together, enter together. It simply comes to respect of others. You do not want to loose few minutes to enter together but feel ok to take time from others, why? It is not about why can't they move and let you in but why would you even ask them to move.

a wonderful example of hyperbole!;)

Here's another one: Getting upset over rude strangers that cannot be taught or changed and that you'll never ever see again in your life is a complete waste of time in Disney World or in any other aspect of your life.

Also, in my experience, the people that feel the need to say some snide remark in an attempt to call someone out or teach some pointless lesson are usually the one's that are rude and saying something offensive within earshot of all the innocent kids and other people minding their own business.

Line cutting, even blatant line cutting is not going to upset my kids in the slightest (assuming they're not touched, but that's a different scenario with a completely different set of rules all together), but offensive language, angry commotion, or some other type of physical confrontation is going to impact them in a major way and that far exceeds anybody cutting in line as far as I'm concerned.

Here's another one: Getting upset over rude strangers that cannot be taught or changed and that you'll never ever see again in your life is a complete waste of time in Disney World or in any other aspect of your life.

Also, in my experience, the people that feel the need to say some snide remark in an attempt to call someone out or teach some pointless lesson are usually the one's that are rude and saying something offensive within earshot of all the innocent kids and other people minding their own business.

Line cutting, even blatant line cutting is not going to upset my kids in the slightest (assuming they're not touched, but that's a different scenario with a completely different set of rules all together), but offensive language, angry commotion, or some other type of physical confrontation is going to impact them in a major way and that far exceeds anybody cutting in line as far as I'm concerned.

Amen!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :worship: :worship:

They are in but you are not and never were. One body holds spot only for one body, not the rest of your family, friends and coworkers. You want to ride together, enter together. It simply comes to respect of others. You do not want to loose few minutes to enter together but feel ok to take time from others, why? It is not about why can't they move and let you in but why would you even ask them to move.

Exactly!

Ever notice how your few minutes is no big deal BUT their few minutes is?

As you say, what does it matter? Why not have your family come back thru the line, instead of you going forward. I mean, if it truly doesn't matter. No one has been able to explain why cutting past those in lines isn't a huge deal, but somehow going back thru the line isn't even a consideration.

I am so non-confrontational.My hubby thinks it's a fault. I usually just stew inside and don't say a word.

The World is full of inconsiderate jerks. Life's too short to spend your time worrying about such people. Never waste an opportunity to be nice to someone else, even if they don't deserve it.

Gonna put some emphasis into this one.

uhoh, I knew I went to bed too early.. now I'm down 2 drinks! have to make it up after work!:lmao:

Why did you write the word "entitled" in a quote from me?

If you're trying to suggest that by arguing the opposite opinion as yours, I'm entitled than you're arguing in a quite cowardly manner. Just because someone doesn't necessarily agree with you, doesn't mean you should insult (yes, I consider that an insult) and judge a fellow poster via an anonymous internet discussion forum.

One of the fun things to do that turns the annoyance of line-cutters into a humorous time for you and your party is to openly video record them with your cell phone as they barge past you. Giving voice commentary at the same time about "and here are the obligatory line cutters" usually makes them do a double-take. If they give you the stink-eye, tell them to look for themselves on Youtube. The look on their faces when they hear that is priceless.

I honestly think there is comedy gold to be made with a "wall of shame" Youtube channel showcasing people doing rude things at the parks.

There are no line laws. What isn't ok is so subjective with different people.

It is not worth the fight if 1 or 2 people are joining their family. But if one person holds a place for 5 or 10 people I will be flagging down a CM.

One of the fun things to do that turns the annoyance of line-cutters into a humorous time for you and your party is to openly video record them with your cell phone as they barge past you. Giving voice commentary at the same time about "and here are the obligatory line cutters" usually makes them do a double-take. If they give you the stink-eye, tell them to look for themselves on Youtube. The look on their faces when they hear that is priceless.

I honestly think there is comedy gold to be made with a "wall of shame" Youtube channel showcasing people doing rude things at the parks.

You are an evil genius!

Line cutting, queue jumping, rejoining your party, whatever you want to call it I don't do for any reasons and when someone(s) tries to do it to get by me I decide then and there wether to let them by or not. Big football players, a single parent with a small children I let by, groups of teenagers I don't. In niether case does it bother or annoy me.

There are no line laws. What isn't ok is so subjective with different people.

It is not worth the fight if 1 or 2 people are joining their family. But if one person holds a place for 5 or 10 people I will be flagging down a CM.

There is no cutting rule in Disney but they just do not enforce it as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter