What do you do with 5?

global_mom

DIS Veteran
:confused3

We have 5 in our party, me, DH, DD9, DD7 and DS12. How will ABD break us up?

Would we be 2 rooms: one adult & one child in one room + one adult and 2 children in another room?

How are we charged: do we pay the adult price for the first 2 people in each room (like DCL does) no matter what their age or; do we pay the adult rate for the actual adult and then the child rate for each child?

Are the 2 rooms always connecting/adjoining or has anyone ended up with rooms very far apart?

Thanks for the help! :goodvibes

Our family of 5 did the Viva Italia last July. We had adjacent but not connecting rooms in Rome and Venice. In Tuscany we were in a Villa with our own 2 bedroom suite, with 2 baths and a kitchen/eating/livingroom. It was very comfortable.

We chose to split the parents in Rome and in Venice we let the 2 older kids-14 and 15 years old have one room.

Another family of 5 put the 3 kids in one room and the parents in another. They also had older teens.

Due to the young age of your kids, I am guessing you will need to have a parent in each room.

If I remember correctly, we paid full fare for four of us. The 11 year old was cheaper as she was considered a child.

If I remember correctly, we paid full fare for four of us. The 11 year old was cheaper as she was considered a child.

This is what I assumed they would do. i sure hate to pay full fare for the 9 or 7 year old but it seems that one of them may count as an "adult".

i wondered about Backstage Magic b/c the GC will accomodate 5 people in a room but I bet that we would need to still be broken into 2 rooms since the Hollywood hotel does not accomodate 5 in one room.

Our DD7 really does not want to go (on any ABD other than Backstage Magic) as she feels that she will be bored in museums etc. A whole week at her grandparents sounds like much more fun to her!! We could not imagine leaving her behind, and went ahead and got her a passport, but that may be a better solution especially when it comes to rooms and prices.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter