• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you do when the price changes from Holiday to Value?

Ashley24

DIS Veteran
Do you make two reservations? Do you have to check out and check back in? Or do you change hotels?

Well from what I've always understood you don't have to do anything special. The rates stay the same based on when you checked in. If you check out and check back in then the rate goes up. Example: A lot of people check in 12/19 the last day of value season before CHristmas. That way they get value rates for the duration of their trip.

Or it works the opposite if you check-in during Holiday season and stay into New Year's when it changes to value season. Yes, you check out and then check back in, two reservations. Most people have good luck staying in the same room though as long as you make the CM's aware of what you are doing. We have arrived on Jan 1st several times and the lobby was full of guests doing just this, checking out and then back in again at a greatly reduced rate. This year, we are coming in on 12/18, getting value rate for our whole stay.

If you are planning for 2008 how they price the rooms may be changing. There may be different rates for weekends, holidays, etc. We shall see what happens when they release the rates for 2008.

There is a new thread on this somewhere, Disney has changed their reservations so that the prices will go up and down by season. You can no longer book value and carry thru, and vice versa. There was a lot of conversation about this and I believe an anouncement. so it seems if you book value and go to pre holiday and holiday and back to value the price will go up and down.

Yep, it will be a moot point in 2008 because you will pay the daily rate whatever that is for each day of your trip. Just like every other hotel in the business.

At Pop April 2007 the day rates changed from peak to regular the was a special line with 4 or 5 CM's working just to to check-out/check-in people with 'continuing reservations'. I was amazed there was so many people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter