What do you do to fund your budget for WDW???

I've recently joined HotCouponWorld and have started couponing seriously. Last week I saved 93% on our groceries! And nothing was junk food but fresh veggies, fresh meat, oatmeal, cereal, cleaners, and other things like deoderant and toothpaste :) I can't wait to see how much I save during this year!

How in the world did you save 93%?!?! :confused3
Unless my math is bad, which it could be, that's like spending $7 for $100 worth of groceries!!!!

WOW!!!

Any tips on how did that?????

We leave in 3 weeks for our Disney trip, woo hoo! It's costing us $3100 for a week there.

We've been planning it for 8 months. I have a part time job at home and I earn about $300 a month. I've had it since October, and I've been putting all my paychecks towards it. Plus you know how you get two 'extra' paychecks a year (in months with 5 weekends?), well we put $500 of one into our Disney fund and then dh got a $500 bonus too. So that's $2500.

$100 from Sunshine Rewards
$300 from stuff I sold on Craigslist/ebay (baby stuff mostly)
$50 Expo Tv
$30 Fusion Cash
$30 Ebates
$100 from dh's grandparents for our anniversary
= $3110
Plus we have a bag of change we're taking that has $50+ in it.

I'm trying to come up with a little extra to have, so I'm selling a standing mirror I have for $50, some extra pullups (new in package of course :rotfl2:) I had leftover from my oldest daughter, and we're trying to squeeze a little extra out of my dh's last paycheck before we go. I'd love to have an extra $100 or so just to blow!

It's my parents 30th anniversary and it's their first time going to Disneyworld, so I hope to buy them something special! :love:

Jennifer

We do some of the things that others do too. We have the DW popcorn bucket. IT is full right now, so have started filling the other one. It just has silver coins in it. We have another for pennies. I think the 1st one had almost $230 in it.

Someone asked about aluminum cans. We save them and cash them in and here in KS we are getting 50 cents a pound. I figure it doesnt take long to throw them in a sack and I drive right by the recycling place so why not? Every little bit counts.

We also throw any found money into the fund, have garage sales, and I do ebay some especially close to Christmas.

But we also have a paper route. It is a "thrifty paper" that comes out once a week. We throw 700 of them. Sometimes you have inserts and get paid more, but they come on Mondays and you have to insert (if there are any), roll and throw them. Also bag them if bad weather. We get paid anywhere from $120-$150 a month to do this. This is mainly how we fund our trips as ALL of this money goes towards the fund.

I love hearing all the ideas. Keep them coming.

Just to be clear, we get the papers on Monday, insert, roll, and then deliver them on Tuesday. Most of the time the kids have activities and so it is 10 PM or so before DH and I can deliver them, but we just keep thinking ok........this is funding the trip.

Jar of change too......it really adds up. I also begin saving for the next trip as soon as I get back from a trip. I go during my birthday and forbid DH to buy me anything as this is what I enjoy most, so instead of a gift we save and stay at BC, Poly, WL, etc.... that itself is a gift.

Decemeber 2007 was our first holiday trip ever. To afford it, each child got three gifts on Christmas morning from "Santa" normally we spend about $1000.00 on the three children, this year we stuck to a strict/tight budget, we did not participate in any gift exchanging with the extended family and co-workers at work. I stood out of the malls during the holiday season to avoid being tempted, instead I purchased what I needed and left the stores ASAP. Instead of shopping we did things at home, making a gingerbread house, watching Christmas movies, visited holiday exhibits at the Botanical Garden, Zoo, etc.....as this was less $$$ money spent then on shopping for gifts. All of this helped us to make our first holiday trip and we learned that Christmas doesn't have to be about shopping and buying gifts, it's about the quailty of time spent together. So, we plan on doing this again this December ;) Holidays in WDW = magical memories = priceless

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter