What do you do on your last day?

gmjlebo

Earning My Ears
Just wondering what you do on your last day?

Do you take a early flight and get it over with or a late flight to get in that last Disney Magic?

Thanks! Any suggest would be great!!!

i try to get the last flight out i go to a one last character breakfast or lunch
than i hit DTD incase i forgot to purchase anything:goodvibes

We usually don't go to a park on our last day. We do try to get a late flight, 7 or 8pm. We usually check out and then go to DTD to have something to eat before our flight, usually Earl of Sandwich, our fav! It's usually our first meal and our last! LOL :)

I've done it both ways now. The past 2 trips with my family, our last day is all about checking out and spending an hour or so at the resort until our ME bus comes before noon. On our most recent trip, we were at the Poly and had breakfast at 'Ohana, then got our luggage over to bell services and had a Dole Whip by the pool while we waited for ME. But, my last trip which was with a friend, we both had 6 p.m. flights so we got our luggage to bell services early in the a.m. and headed to EPCOT. It was a lot of fun to be at a park for the day. I went to bed at home that night marveling that I had just been in a park that morning. Both ways, you are still leaving, and it's never easy. I think when DH and I go back with DD I will see if we can get a late departing flight and go to MK one more time on our check out day.

There is usually only one direct flight back home so we take it whenever it is shcheduled has varied from 7 am till as late at 630pm. If we have time we hit the parks even if just for an hour, usually MK or Epcot. We stock up on snacks for home (I love Mickey Rice Krisipe treats) and have one last meal at one of our favorite CS spots.

We do a last breakfast, either Chef Mickey or Crystal Palace, spend the morning in MK, then we get a few WDW snacks for the road, get in our car and begin the drive home.

Oh... also my daughter and I both cry as we leave the park and my husband tries to get us to stop before people see him walking with us. LOL

We always book a late afternoon return trip.

Up early, check out, leave bags with Bell services, Breakfast at O'Hana, then the bus to downtown Disney for shopping and chocolate ice cream and an Earl of Sandwich snack for the plane ride home.

An awesome end to a great vacation.

Have a great time, no matter what you decide to do.

Jack

If it was up to me I would take a later fight and get more park time in! But, we have a 10 hr drive and my dh like to get home at a resonable hour since he usually works the next day. So, we compromise.... we go to Ohana's for our farewell breakfast! We love this, we are getting a little bit of disney magic before we have to leave and we have full bellys. Usually we don't have to stop for lunch so we only stop for dinner on the road so we get home a little sooner.

With a 16 hour drive to get back home, we leave about 4:00 am for home. Luckily, the kids are usually so worn out that they sleep alot of the ride!

Last flight out, always. :)

We've made the last day a resort/pool day most often, but my favorite last day was one spent wandering World Showcase at Epcot (we were staying at Beach Club, so no worries about the bus getting us back in time for DME)

Usually we're so depressed going home to reality that we ask for an extended check out. Amtrak is our mode of travel and boards around 3 pm, we get picked up around 1:30 so we sleep in alittle, casually pack and sit in the lobby till pick up...we hardly say a word to each other...you would think that after 44 trips, leaving would be easy.....we still get grinny and childlike up arriving...go figure...just seeing the monorail track on the way in sets us off! Last day, we do nothing, we're had our stay, 9-12 nights and we're about ready for the long, relaxing train ride back to Ohio.

always go to Hollywood studios
Always have lunch at SCi Fi Dine -In
usually catch a 5:30 - 6pm flight home. Our driver usually picks us up around 3:30 - 4.

However much I can get away with? :rotfl:

If flying I always book us on latest flight out, hope to get bumped off my flight and wonder if this will be the time we get stuck at Disney for whatever reason. . .

If driving I promise I will drive last several hours home of our 17plus hour drive (which my husband not only knows he will not allow but knows after 2 hours behind the wheel I am done).

That said, a nice character breakfast is a great way to go out.
Also enjoy that last chance at DTD and finding that perfect thing to remember our trip. Well, except for that sweatshirt in the Disney store at the airport. . .;)

EOS I hit on the first day, a must! but never thought to take it on the flight home, sounds perfect!

Either way, it is a hard day, anyday to say Done with Disney is hard imo!

My DH starts shutting down and thinking about work at least 24 hours before we ever check out so it's always hard to enjoy the end I think. We always need to be home a full day (24hours) before he has to go back to work. So in my mind I have to be home 24 hours before is really necessary. . .

I think the worst Disney let down may have been this past year flying out of Barcelona in the early am and due to time change being in my own bed (after not only 4 hour layover in Dublin and driving home from JFK to DE) at a normal hour (11pm) after getting rocked to sleep on the beautiful Disney Magic for 14nights straight. Truly awful.

But to go? We always must come home and begin planning again it seems! Happy travels everyone.

Cry. :rolleyes: We try to get a character breakfast in and then DTD for that last minute gotta-have-it WDW trinket!

We're 6 hours away, so we drive to the World. What we do on the last day is sleep in a bit, check out of the resort, hit Downtown Disney, and then leave. Our tradition is to make sure the boys get something from the Lego Store (we have the cups that they fill) and then get lunch to go from Earl of Sandwich before hitting the road. Works for us!

We always take a mid morning/early afternoon flight out. We always decide what our last day will be and then tag on an additional day for travel. We get up and eat our last breakfast at our resort. I would get nervous about missing our flight if we tried to do a park or anything on the day we leave.

I get the last possible flight that night, it's usually 7 or 8. We revisit all our favorite attractions and go to Goofy's to use up all left over snack credits and then I cry.

We start our last day at MK by getting there when it opens. We do all our favorite rides (some more than once) before the crowds roll in, then we go over to Epcot for a bit. We love that last stroll around the WS and we get kaki gori's and just sit and soak up the atmosphere. Around 1-ish we head back to our resort (Pop) for lunch and get the obligatory tie-dye cheesecake to bring home, then we get on the ME bus for the airport for a late flight home. And in between MK and Epcot I cry. In between Epcot and Pop I cry. At the airport I basically lose it. I do an awful lot of crying at the happiest place on earth...:rotfl2:

We are usually on a morning flight and stay at Boardwalk, so we just relax, check in the bags, take in the Boardwalk Bakery, try to get a final ride on Soarin, and call it a vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter