What do you do on your first night

On our first night, we get to our room (on-site), drop our hand-luggage and then go and get something to eat. By the time we've eaten and get back to our room, DME have dropped off our luggage and by 11:00pm we're sleeping.

David

If we are on the 11.15 flight with Virgin we normally go to the hotel, unpack and then off to Epcot. Normally manage to get there about 6ish. Meal in Morocco and watch the fireworks.

We do have the luxury of APs otherwise we would probably have something to eat in the hotel. But would not go to bed until 10 or 11 p.m.

We do try and adjust to US time as quickly as possible then hit the ground running on the first full day - usually works

Thanks for sharing all your holiday plans.

We normally just crash, but as I'm sat here, getting more excited by the day I feel that if we don't do at least something on our first night it's a waste of one night.

I should'nt worry really were there for over three weeks.:banana:

as we stay on site,its pool,pizza,beers then stay up as late as we can before the 6am start next day:rotfl2:
Paulh

We have a bit of a tradition now of hotel for quick unpack, dinner at Bennigans or Outback, a quick shop at Publix for beer & cokes etc, this usually keeps us up until 10ish by which time we're shattered and ready for bed :)

We pick up our car hire, drive to villa.
I unpack while DH drives to KFC for much needed chicken and mash potato, maybe a quick dip in the pool and then bed, ready for Animal Kingdom in the morning! :)

We always do the same thing. Unpack, have a shower, go for dinner at I-HOP and then chill in the room watching TV until about 11pm so we don't wake up too early.

Oh I can finally say this week! LOL.

On Friday we plan on heading straight out to Logans and meeting up with my sister, who went out Friday.

We were originally booked on the early flight for Florida this year but theyve now told us theyre only going to schedule the later flight from London Gatwick so we wont arrive in Florida until around 5:30pm.

We are staying at saratoga so plan to grab something to eat there... maybe wander around DTD for a while but by the time we've eaten and settled in, it may just be time for bed lol

Well for us its all really down to what time we land and judging by the delays over the past few weeks, I think by the time we arrive it will be 10pm:scared1:

But that aside, Its really down to our DD and DS , if they are in dreamland its a case of find villa unpack order pizza and chill, cos i know my little devils will be up by 4 am :scared1: lol

I think the overall opinion is that us Brits are generally that lagged that Bed is the only place to go especially when you got little ones!!

It's just making sure you don't hit the sack to early and end up pacing about from 3am waiting for Breakfast :scared1:

I love to go to magic kingdom on the first night if it is still open when we get there
this year we are staying at the BCV so a walk into Epcot is planned
had to love the AP's just been able to walk in and out of the parks when ever you want

This October will be our first trip home to SSR. I did the tour when I went solo so DH has not seen his purchase yet - so I imagine our first evening will be spent exploring the resort and checking out the pool (and the bar beside it!).

the 1st thing we do after going to our room is unpack the toiletries and a few clothes for the next day.
then we try to find somewhere to eat, last time it was concourse steakhouse- that was delishious! then we had a quick look round the shops, a ride on the monorail eventually crashing in our room :)

Last year we arrived at 12.30, towncar to POFQ with a publix stop, unpacked enough to shower & change, then off to Magic Kingdom, few rides in Tommorrowland & fantasyland with food at Cosmic Rays. Back to room & bed for 10 O'clock. We are due to land at 1pm this year & plan on doing the same if no delays.

Land at Sanford. Drive down I4. Use the backway in on the 535, drive past downlown Disney. Check in, unpack, change of clothes, food in food court of hotel for the lads, then off to Epcot. I dont feel I have arrived on holiday until I have done spaceship earth and Mrs likes to see the reflections of earth fireworks.

Some nachos and a beer or two at the Cantina San Angel and then bed.

It's not just the jet lag that gets me but the fact I haven't slept much the night before we travel. It all adds up and once I need to sleep I HAVE to sleep. So we don't stray from the hotel.

Doing a park isn't an option for us as apart from the tiredness we use 14 day tickets and as we like to have a final meal in the parks (traditionally Sci Fi Dine In) before heading off to the airport so we need to wait to start using our ticket for that.

Usually I unpack everything, we have a shower and get changed and go for a meal in the resort (onsite) restaurant. We then have a walk around the grounds or if on a monorail resort we do a once loop round the monorail. Then bed around 10pm ready to wake up usually at 5am - but we use this a great oportunity to photograph the grounds without many people.

We pick up the hire car, get to the resort about 5:30-6pm, have a light meal at a nice restaurant, buy basic supplies from the resort shop, walk back to the room, unpack and sleep at around 9am.

Yes - we wake up at about 5am - but we catch the sunrise, have coffee and OJ on the balcony and enjoy the relaxation of an early morning - something we never get chance to do in the UK! We're always first to show up at the restaurant for breakfast the next morning and we're in the parks before opening time, ready to ride before it gets busy. We have an early lunch reservation - around 11:30 - noon and chill-out a little.

Because we had a good nights sleep, we don't get tired at all during the day and are pretty much on Florida time for the rest of the holiday.

I really look forward to that first early morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter