What do YOU do on your CC Day?

Have you got kid's with you and if so what ages?
Are you a chill out family or an active on the go all the time family?
Do you enjoy swimming and snorkelling, water based fun like water trike's or more land based activities like running or cycling?

Let us know more info!

Ex Techie :)

So many options and so little time! What do you do on your Castaway Cay day?

Well... Here's how I spent the day. DH and I had a lazy morning on the ship. Wandered off the ship and around a bit with DH. Stopped at the gift shop and got postcards. Mailed them from the post office before it closed so everyone back home (including ourselves) could have a CC postmark.

Took the tram to the adult side. Waded in the water a bit. Claimed a hammock. Relaxed and enjoyed swinging in the wind for a bit while chatting with our hammock neighbors.

Went to check-in for my cabana massage. DH went to the buffet.

Enjoy a heavenly massage with a view of the water.

Exited the Cabana to a downpour, wondering where DH might be and if he was under cover somewhere.

Met up with DH (he had gotten a bit wet :headache:). Started walking to the tram stop. Went into the water for a brief dip.

Took the tram back to the ship. Went to a DVC presentation and, yeah, well... made it the most expensive cruise we will ever take. :wizard:

That was OUR Castway Cay day.

Oh! I would be remiss if I did not add that DH got bitten to pieces by the bugs at CC and swears he will never get off the ship there again. :rotfl: :mad: :upsidedow

-Dreams

the 5 of us head to the beach, and just relax all day. swim and build our own "Magic" this next dream will be a "Dream". We enjoy lunch at cookies. take the tram just to see the island. then take our time walking back to the ship taking lots of pictures.

we might snorkel this year.

We spend time as a family. We snorkel, eat at the buffett, and lay out relaxing. The water is so beautiful at CC. I would like to rent a water trike this time around so we can do that as well. :cool2:

We go swimming with the kids for a while. Then go get a Konk Kooler, go to Pelican's Plunge and then eat lunch at Cookies. Then the kids go to Scuttle's Cove and we go to Pelican's Plunge by ourselves and then swim. We then pick the kids up and go ride bikes and just walk around the island. We head back to the ship ~ 3.

DW and I usually make a early exit from the ship. Go to SB, swim, bake, eat (love the ribeyes on the grill), take a walk along the nature trail, and get back to the ship early. We prefer to have a relaxing day (last one of the cruise :sad1:) rather than spending our day doing a lot of things.

We usually mail our postcards, pose for photos in front of the ship and mt. rustmore. We do an excursion (stingray & parasailing) with the kids early in the day then we get our floaties and drinks to chill and relax on the beach. After lunch, we drop our dd to scuttles cove, ds usually asleep on the wagon...this is when dh and I stroll around the island to do some shopping. :cloud9:

So many options and so little time! What do you do on your Castaway Cay day?

:thumbsup2 DW and I have a standing "DATE" @ 12 noon.............do lunch @ Cookies..............just her and I...........and all our cruisin' friends............life doesn't get any better let me tell you. :thumbsup2

We always head for our "spot" on the family beach and have managed to be lucky enough to get it each time.

Spend the morning lounging, reading, and people watching. Head to Cookies for lunch and then for our walk along the hike/bike trail behind Serenity Bay.

Return to the family beach for a little more relaxation before heading back to the ship.

absolutely NOTHING. lol relax, relax some more, and some more after that. For me CC is just about the most peaceful place on Earth.

This upcoming trip I will change things up and run the CC5k and then do nothing but relax after.

We relax on the beach...the kids play in the sand and water. Then we do the buffet and then we go on a bike ride around the island...stopping to play checkers/basketball and laying in the hammock!!

Have you got kid's with you and if so what ages?
Are you a chill out family or an active on the go all the time family?
Do you enjoy swimming and snorkelling, water based fun like water trike's or more land based activities like running or cycling?

Let us know more info!

Ex Techie :)

I'll jump in! We have been on two Disney cruises but NEVER CC!! Med/MR so we're so excited about our Fantasy cruise next year...planning now keeps me on my budget so I can pay for it! :)
Our kids will be 17, 14, 13...we like to be active and cheap..any tips?

I just Chill and take it all in, sometimes the simplest things can mean so much!

PS. I wish DCL could or would skip Nassau all together and just visit Castaway Cay!

How I like to spend my time at CC. Well since I live a mile from the beach it is lost like another sea day. I get off the ship about a hour before I am reedy to each lunch. Then maybe take a quick ride on Pelican Plunge since I love watersides. Then lunch at Serenity Bay. Then back to the shops really quick. If it around 1:30 I ask at the knoked out bar if they are doing 2-1. If yes I go double fisted Knok coolers. Then back to the ship while stopping at the other set of stores. So all in all, I am off the ship about 4 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter