What do you do on arrival day?

If we are staying more than 7 days, we check in, usually by noon, if we can take our luggage to the room,have lunch at the resort, get our refillable mugs, drop them back at the room and head to Magic Kingdom. Spend several hours, then hubby and I take off for the local Walmart, get a few supplies and head back to the resort and unpack. Our kids are teens and older so they just come back to the room when they are ready if they did not accompany us to WM.

I planned to just spend the day at the resort on our last trip, but before we even arrived had decided we would not feel like we were in WDW until we entered MK, our timing was perfect, just as we approached Cinderella's castle, the Dream along with Mickey performance began. Made for a grand beginning.

We never want to waste a vacation day traveling, so we usually try to get an after-work flight that will put us at MCO around 11pm. ME over to the hotel, check in, maybe wander a bit to get our bearings and then it's straight to bed so we're all set for an early start at the parks in the morning. :cool1:

We always take early flights to Orlando, wear appropriate clothes for Orlando weather, check in, store the luggage and walk over to Epcot. Once we are there, we wander over to Mexico in the World Showcase. I hit my favorite spot, La Cantina De San Angel, and get that frozen Margarita and Nachos. YUM. That is the start to my vacation!

well me and my mom are going to get there late around 7 pm so we are planning on just staying at the hotel and swimming in the pool for a few hours and eating dinner then go to bed early so we can get up for our first fun day, but we didnt buy a ticket for our arrival day since we were arriving so late, but i think your downtown disney idea is a good one. youre getting there pretty early in the afternoon so that would give you time to shop for a few hours and then get to your hotel and go to bed early so you can be well rested for the next day (the only problem is you are probably going to be so excited that you wont want to go to bed :) )
well anyway that you spend your day have fun!

LOL! My mom and I both said the same thing, that we probably won't be able to sleep. But since we have to get up at 4am to get to the airport, once we do DTD and eat and everything we will probably be exhausted. And we are doing MNSSHP on our first day at the parks!

But the time we get to the WDW we are tired. (8 hr drive)We check in about 3:00 or 4:00 depending on traffic. Then by the time we find the room, get unloaded and fix the room the way we want it. We head for the pool, check out the resort, eat, cocktails at the pool bar:drinking1:drinking1. Get in that relaxed magically state of mind. Head back to the room for showers, pick out clothing for the next day, get the weather report. Sleep... well deserved sleep.

We have checked in early before, and gone to DTD for dinner Rain forest and sat at the bar. I love the stools they are so cool. Check them out. I like to wonder through the stores and feed off of the excitement.

Even when are the kids where little we followed this plan. One other tip is to take a break during the day, start later in the morning especially with EMH or chill out early. Otherwise someone is going to have a meltdown.:scared1:

Let the vacation begin...:wizard::cloud9:

We have been two times. The first time our 6:00 am flight was delayed and did not arrive until 8 hours after our scheduled time. Needless to say, after a few hours sleep before heading to the airport, and 3 planes and delays, getting there at 9:00 pm my ds was NOT happy. This was him on the ME bus. pirate: HOwever, after some food at POP foodcourt, he was a little more like this :sad2: But once we got to our room and he saw the pool his face lit up :banana: :banana:and he thought it was the best to go swimming at 1O pm. We stayed in the pool till 1 am. :cool1: I was shocked that he did not want to go to the parks. But hey just to get a little :) out of him was worth it.

Our second trip did not go much better. Me -- NO sleep before leaving for the airport at 1:30 am. DS a little snooze. OUr 6:30 am flight got us to MCO at about 11:30. but by the time we boarded our flight I was feeling really :sick: after being awake almost 24 hrs. Then too excited to sleep on the plane. But felt better by the time we landed at MCO -- Then we checked in at POP and ate cause we were starving. As soon as we ate my body just died. So I lounged on the poolchairs while DS swam. He was a happy camper. I am always the one who wants to rush off to a park - even though I cannot walk Im so tired. :rotfl:But DS LOVES to hang out at the resort, and loves POP food, so we just slept and woke up and had dinner there.

The first full day there -- NO matter what -- we always have breakfast at Donalds Breakfastsaurus in AK, then we head to MK for the day.

We usually check in, swim and hit down town Disney. We also run to Walmart and buy our water, cooler and snacks. Then we are usually exhausted from waking up so early to catch our flight-so we go to bed early and hit the rope drop the next day.

We like to take it easy on our first day. We will usually let the kids swim and then go walking on the Boardwalk at BWV. We will wind up at EPCOT in England for a few pints.

I've been trying to figure out what to do on the first day. Thanks to everyone for sharing. You gave me lots to ponder! :)

We usually arrive around 11:30 so after we check in, if the room is ready we just go check it out and drop the carry on bag. If not, bell services gets our carry on. Then our tradition is to go to the pool bar, get a drink and let the magic officially begin! Because we are usually at BCV or BWV, we take a leisurely stroll over to EPCOT and if it's the October trip, start going around the world for the F&W. Check out the concert and just start to unwind. The first night it's a stop at the bakery at France to get pastries and then a stop at the resort for the essentials.

We normally arrive at our resort at about 11:00 in the morning. We check in and then head to MK. Taking in the sounds, smells, and sights of Main street puts the trip into perspective for us. We know we're home. Main Street Bakery here I come ;)!

Our flight is due to land at 9:30 I plan on being at the hotel by 10:30 checking in, grabbing a bite to eat, taking a swim, head right to MK. I cant imagine counting down 166 days for this trip and not rushing to MK the first day :love:

We plan to be at our resort by 3:00 pm; epcot is having evening emh and we have a reservation at 9 dragons at 7:35. We will probably relax, unpack our carry-ons, and then head to epcot by 5 at the latest! Then we'll party all night in epcot!

We get the early flight and get into MCO at 10 30 am or so.

car rental
walmart for breaky stuff, pop, water, beer etc...
resort check in, swim, nap
DTD or BW 4 snacks or light meal
mini golf
FW campfire
Hoop de do musical review 9 pm
fireworks at the beach 11 pm

busy but worth it!!

This year will be different for us, we are getting to WDW in the middle of the day. Normally it is about 11pm as we fly from the UK, we just arrive, check in and have a quick swim then crash out. We have 3 days before WDW this time so we (well DH is) driving to WDW from Sea World.

This time we have an ADR for Cali grill at 17.35 so we will arrive about 3ish, have a swim and settle in then get a bus to MK and walk to CR for our dinner. After that, depending on energy levels we may head to MK which has EMH that night or go to DTD and walk back to our resort (SSR) from there.

Either way we be up at silly o'clock with the time difference and will be ready for rope drop the next morning!

This September will be our third trip and we plan to the same thing we have done in the past. We usually arrive at the hotel around 3:30ish and are able to get into our room. We go and peek at our room and then head to the food court to grab a bite to eat checking out pools and such on the way. Then we head to Epcot since we always have a 7:30 or later ADR at one of their awesome restaurants. Epcot is a great place to start since it is a little more laid back and there are things to do that don't involve waiting in lines (i.e. living seas pavillion) so you can head for dinner when you need to. Plus, leisurely walking around the lands at Epcot really helps stretch your legs after being on an airplane or in the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter