• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you do if it rains while your in WDW?

we leave and go back to our resort and go swimming as long as there is no lightning! Hate having wet feet while walking about:sad2:
Also not to fond of going into the dry area's of the park when all the wet people come in and they are steaming and damp!!:)

I can't stand ponchos, just make sure if you are female you aren't wearing a white shirt and brave the rain! Sometimes I'll have a hoodie with me just to keep a little dry but overall we just brave it out.

We were there May '09, for those of you that know what I'm talking about, I highly doubt it will ever be worse than that and we still had a great time!

I was there in May '09 so I have to ask..........What happen in May '09?

I was there in May '09 so I have to ask..........What happen in May '09?

Record Rainfall!

We were there the 17th through the 23rd and it rained our entire trip (and no I'm not exaggerating!). I believe it was over 20 inches of rain for the entire week.

Record Rainfall!

We were there the 17th through the 23rd and it rained our entire trip (and no I'm not exaggerating!). I believe it was over 20 inches of rain for the entire week.

I was there may 20th to june 3. I don't remember any extra rain. Maybe I was on a honeymoon:lovestruc:, Disney:earsboy:, and Univeral:3dglasses high.

I'm in the put on the poncho & keep going crowd. We always pack 2 pair of shoes (so one can be drying back in the room...I take a small fan for my white noise, and we just prop the wet shoes in front of that. If we're in a resort with the motel-style A/C units we set a pair of shoes over the vents in the A/C unit. Otherwise, the little fan does a pretty good job. We also try to pack some quick-dry kind of clothes and if rain is very likely we wear those. We take both the el-cheapo small disposable ponchos (fit in a pocket, good for the quick rains -- those 20 minute versions) as well as the heavier-weight version--like Disney sells--for days with hours of monsoon rain & winds.)

Have to say, though, the days of rain "emptying the parks" are mostly kind of gone. We've been there on days where it rained (POURED) non-stop for six and eight hour during the day...water in many places at Epcot was actually above our ankles...and really the only people that seemed to be leaving were people with babies & toddlers in strollers. Everyone else either threw on ponchos, or just got wet. Looked to me like most people know they can buy a poncho in virtually any store...we were kind of shopping our way around Epcot looking for a specific item, and people were buying ponchos in every store we stopped in. There were still lines everywhere and the restaurants & stores were packed.

If it starts to rain, you just throw on a poncho and press on. Hit the indoor attractions and make the best of it. It's still "the happiest place on Earth" even if it's pouring. :thumbsup2

Amen! Rain is a great time. Lines get short, except for the bus lines.

This is from a recent trip. Click on it to read the trip report.

The best part for us was seeing a parade we've never seen!

I like pineapple Dole Whips, and getting caught in the rain:goodvibes

mkrain31.jpg

Rainy Day Musings in the Kingdom

We were at MK on Thur. the 18th and it rained a couple of times during the day. Then about 6:30 all hell broke loose. It was POURING, the water was ankle deep everywhere. It was crazzzy. It did not let up that night and spectro and wishes were canceled. Must have been pretty bad during the night too, b/c EE and Dinosaur were late to open on Friday AM.

We stand under an overhang for a few minutes, whine a lot, and then take off our flip-flops (wet flipflops are a DISASTER for walking) and start walking. Last time, my roommate and I were caught under the exit overhang of Captain EO in a storm. We ran to another overhang that was less populated, and then we kicked off our shoes and puddlejumped through World Showcase, with a brief stop in China for lunch.

you enjoy! While most people are afraid to venture out that day and locals will just pick another day you have the chance to experience little to no wait. Most queues are inside so all you need to deal with is the walking to and from each.

We also pull on the ponchos and keep going!

We had the pleasure of seeing the Rainy Day Cavalcade Parade also...although it was during a MNSSHP so we didn't appreciate it as much as we might have under other circumstances (we love us some Boo To You!)

A rainy Disney day is still a DISNEY DAY!! :banana:

If you wear the right clothing, you'll dry very quickly when you pop into the stores. I wore basketball shorts and an under armor shirt, and i dried quickly. But yes, an extra pair of shoes, and socks! Take multiple pairs of socks!!

What do you do if it rains while your in WDW?

Haven't read all the replies but my answer is pretty simple:

If it rains, we get wet.

Seriously, we don't really do much of anything different when it rains. We stopped doing ponchos years ago as we find we are far more uncomfortable wrapped in plastic bags than we are just walking in the rain. It does get kind of chilly when you walk into the air conditioning but other than that, we just go about our business, try and avoid the big puddles and dart from one place to another. We also tend to go to MK on a rainy day as it is the best place to be in the rain since attractions are so densely packed and it is easy to zip from one place to the next, unlike Epcot where the pavilions are very far apart with lots of open space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter