What do you do at WDW for your kids that you don't care to?

DjdBrit

DIS Veteran
As a parent we often do things for our kids that we wouldn't do if they were not with us. I wonder how many of you out there have these things....

For example:

I cannot see 3D, not at all. What I see is a blurred picture.... At WDW there are lots of 3D thing which I ride/view to make everyone happy. TSM, Bugs Life and Honey I shrunk the kids to name a few.... I get headaches too but I do it all for the love of WDW. I actually had the high score on TSM figure that out....

My DD4 and DH HATED when I'd go into a gift shop! :rotfl2: They would start whining and complaining the minute I went in one so I'd send them out on the bench!

Oh my goodness, the Swiss Family robinson Treehouse!! (I suffer from vertigo)
everyhting else I love doing!

I ride It's a Small World. The song drives me crazy and I think those dolls are downright creepy.:scared:

I ride It's a Small World. The song drives me crazy and I think those dolls are downright creepy.:scared:

I was lucky, I got to ride it twice, the 2nd time DD4 didn't want to go...I joked and said I would love to have a slingshot in that place! :lmao:

I wait in line for the Fairies. Man, that is the most boring line ever and it's never short!

Tom Sawyers island. Dd always wants to go when its 1000 degrees out, and Dh always scares her in the caves and she gets mad at him. I dont spin so the tea cups fall into dh's catagory. I usually head over there AFTER they are irrated with each other from Tom Sawyer!

For my DS, Aladdin, Dumbo anything that goes up and is in the open. I hate heights. it really scares me, and for my DD extra magic hrs to the very end. no matter how tired I am or grumpy she is, I'll stay all night for her.

DD4 kept wanting to go back on Astro Orbiter...this was a bad ride for me. Once we got up in the air, it kind of tips to the side! I couldn't wait to get off that thing...I kept telling her the line was too long after that!

I ride Stiches Great Escape. I can not stand this ride. It needs to be replaced. I really do like Lilo and Stitch. Just not this ride. We have to do it at least 2 times.

I will be back to do it again in July!!:scared1:

Although I love Disney, I would rather not:

-wait in line for character/princess greetings (I like them, but I do not really want to wait an hour for any of them)

-dine at character meals (would rather just eat and not worry about characters coming to our table and then having to take photos- I know my children loves them and that's why we go)

-swimming (I'm not really a pool person - more a shopping person:lmao:)

-dine at sci fi diner - luckily, my son no longer chooses this restaurant as his favourite...(he said he never did like the food, he just wanted to sit in the car and watch the films)

I guess the experience, in most cases, do exceed the sacrifice. :)

I would say some of the character meets. I love seeing my kids happy but sometimes waiting in a long line to meet someone is not where I want to be. Of course I do it for them!

Standing in line to see characters and get autographs. Ugh! I could be doing a ride!

Oh yes, the character lines...thank goodness my DD4 cared less and most of the time admired them from afar...there's no way I was standing 30 minutes for a 10 second picture...if there was little or no line, then we waited. She didn't do autograph books...

Tomorrowland Speedway. It's hot, stinky, and just like any other of it's kind in every dinky amusement park anywhere. No flames please, but I would be ecstatic to see that attraction be replaced.

I could do without the mini golf-it took away from my park time. And swimming-the kids love it, but I would rather be at the park!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter