What do you do about dinner on dessert party night?

DaisyMaisie

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of booking the dessert party on an emh night. Fireworks are scheduled for 10pm, and we hope to stay until 2am. Hubby and I aren't big dessert eaters, we love dessert and all, but whenever we plan to order it we end up too stuffed from dinner and end up skipping it. (even at melting pot if you can believe it).

At the same time I am not sure how much energy we would have for emh if we are on a pure sugar high? I am not expecting to eat our moneys worth in dessert and that is fine, would rather not be hungry later though.

I am thinking maybe early dinner/late lunch, maybe something kind of healthy not too heavy? What did you do, how did it work? (We probably wont be entering the park before dessert time, and will be in Epcot earlier in the day)

You have a good plan. We made the mistake of having dinner at CRT at 4:30pm and then had the Dessert party at 8pm. I wanted to change it, but it was my DD's birthday and it was a surprise for her. To be honest, we weren't full after leaving the party, maybe because we ate things in moderation rather than stuffing ourselves. If I was to do the dessert party again, I would probably just plan to have dinner at either a CS restaurant or at The Plaza restaurant (you can get some light entrees that are healthy too). Have a great time....we had a blast when we went.

The dessert pary has lots of fruit selections too ... plus lots of decadent chocolate items too :goodvibes

Yes - do an early dinner, we love the plaza restaurant, then the dessert partiy. Have a blast !

It's definitely a YMMV thing. For our party in July, we had lunch at LC at 1 and were still stuffed when the dessert party rolled around at 9 (or maybe it was 8.) In Dec, we had CS for lunch -- maybe sandwiches from Pop? -- and had planned to grab an egg roll (small but protein-y) for dinner on our way to the dessert party. The egg roll cart was closed so we were STARVING, thankfully (I think because it was NYE fireworks) there were crackers/cheese so we had some substance before all of that sugar! LOL!

We definitely lasted a while past midnight on the sugar high, can't recall how late though.

Hi
We had a late lunch, around 2:30 at LTT. The dessert party was at 7:00 the night we went, so we were ready to eat. It was great!!

We did the dessert supper in December. We were seated about 7:10 & fireworks were at 8:00. We ate what we wanted...but can only eat so many desserts. Then we had the latest suppertime we could get at Ohana...worked perfect for us.

And we loved the dessert supper...having an uncrowded place to sit & watch the fireworks was awesome! Sitting & drinking ice tea & eating choc covered strawberries instead of being in the crowd was so worth the $ to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter