What do you consider good airfare from Buffalo?

MamaLema

DIS Veteran
We have been to WDW 4 times, and we drove each time. I am trying to convince DH to fly this time.

What would be a good price from Buffalo for the following times:

end of December
March Break

Thank you

We fly from Detroit so its a simular distance. Last time we paid $220. I think anything under $250 is acceptable.

Thats exactly what I was going to say. Anything under 250. I miss the old days when we flew for under a 100:sad2:

Thats exactly what I was going to say. Anything under 250. I miss the old days when we flew for under a 100:sad2:

Ditto :( We paid $250 for Sept. Pre 2011 that would have been about $150 all in.

you can also check allegiant air out of niagara falls new york. $130 taxes in return. unbelievable prices.

For comparison, we fly out in November from Buffalo and I was able to get a JetBlue flight for $149.80 (one-way, taxes incld.) which includes 1 checked bag.

Our return flight is with WestJet and flys into Hamilton for $178.48 (taxes incld.) which also includes 1 checked bag.

Both flights are non-stop. We usually fly Southwest but the cheap flights were at poor times (e.g. 6:00 a.m. - no thanks!).

I know these are non-peak times but hope they offer some assistance!

I bought flights for Sept back in May-ish......spent over $250 per flight return. BUT, they have come down to $110 each way. Which to me is a great deal, from BUF to MCO. $220 a person round trip is great.

I paid roughly just over that for my November trip last year.

Your looking for peak times, so you will pay more. Im thinking, closer to the $350 range, maybe even upwards of $400, depending on WHEN you book them. Book at the right time, and you may be on the lower end. I booked when my flights were a bit higher BUT now have a wonderful credit in my account that I will be using on my flights for a cruise in just over a yr. I fly several times a year, so this works. Looking for peak flights, you need to be diligent in watching for prices. See something that looks good, grab it. If you see it come down again, call for a credit.

I agree....$250 is a good price now. I paid $295/person for my July. I did expect to pay a little more because it was through the July 4th holiday but it never dipped below what I paid and I was not able to take the NS flights.

I also miss the days of flying for $150 ....many times it was even less. I remember a sale a few years back on SW that was $35/ticket for flights in July.

You can get deals if you don't limit yourself to Buffalo airport. We live in Oakville and have flown out of Rochester, Buffalo, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Youngstown, OH. Paid $496 for 4 tickets during March Break 2011 with Allegiant from Youngstown.

DW and I have flown out of Buffalo 3 of the last 4 years. We flew in June once and July/August twice. The most we paid was $560 return for 2 of us. The lowest we paid was $400 return. That's American prices including taxes. The prices did drop after we booked, but we were out of the window to get a refund for the difference. If you feel comfortable waiting, about 6 weeks out from your vacation, the prices will be usually at their best. We flew out of Toronto the other year because we didn't think the price would drop, and after we paid out over $700 buck (gotta love those "International taxes" taxes) the prices dropped.

DW and I have flown out of Buffalo 3 of the last 4 years. We flew in June once and July/August twice. The most we paid was $560 return for 2 of us. The lowest we paid was $400 return. That's American prices including taxes. The prices did drop after we booked, but we were out of the window to get a refund for the difference. If you feel comfortable waiting, about 6 weeks out from your vacation, the prices will be usually at their best. We flew out of Toronto the other year because we didn't think the price would drop, and after we paid out over $700 buck (gotta love those "International taxes" taxes) the prices dropped.

Just out of curiousity, what carrier did you fly with that put you 'out of your window to get a price drop'. I am flying with Jetblue tomorrow and yesterday my prices dropped another $20/ flight. Got a credit. They also dropped back in July, got a credit then as well. Just wondering, that's all:)

We have a long drive no matter whether we fly out of Toronto or Buffalo. So, which airport (other than pricing) is easier to fly from? I find Toronto so big that I feel like I have walked half way to my destination before I even get on the plane. What is Buffalo like.............or Detroit? Have never flown from either.

Buffalo is small and very very easy to navigate. I will choose it over Toronto any time I can.

As far as good price. These days I am fine with 250 return, but am usually able to get it down to 220 or maybe 200 with a good sale. That would be non-stop flights on Jetblue or Southwest and free bags.

If you can fly mid week you'll have better luck. The only non-stop home from our recent trip was at 7:05 a.m. which had us at the airport for 5a.m.
That wasn't fun, but it was nice to get home early and have a full last day.

We have a long drive no matter whether we fly out of Toronto or Buffalo. So, which airport (other than pricing) is easier to fly from? I find Toronto so big that I feel like I have walked half way to my destination before I even get on the plane. What is Buffalo like.............or Detroit? Have never flown from either.

Buffalo is wonderful:cloud9: It is sooooo easy. Right from parking your car, or being dropped off, to coming home. It is really is super easy. I've flown out of both. Living in Niagara Falls area, Im so much closer to BUF, that hands down, I only travel from there. For me, going to TO, means getting a hotel over night.

To compare, Toronto wants you at the airport, almost 3 hours before your flight. Buffalo, only 90 minutes. Security, in Toronto, you may wait FOREVER. Buffalo, you may wait 10-15 minutes in line, you may breeze right through. It's a very simple process. Toronto, huge airport, different terminals. Buffalo, nice small easy walking airport. One terminal.

I find flight times there are great with the carriers I choose. I only fly Jetblue, as I have points with them. Although, in the past, I have flown SW and enjoyed them as well. I get GREAT flight times, don't typically have layovers, depends where Im flying tho (doing Houston in Jan and HAVE to layover in JFK). Coming back from Orlando in a week and have a 2:00 departure. Works great. They usually have at least 2 nonstop flights a day.

And with Buf, there is no clearing customs or any of that nonsense. Its just your border crossing. Which is a breeze compared to Toronto customs. I've been hauled into there office more times than I can count because of having the same name and birth date as another woman from my region, for having an interesting shirt to them....its ridiculous. Id rather cross at the border, and just be on my way.

Plus, you get cheap booze at duty free on the way home:rotfl:

We paid 249 one way for Sept...gone are the 99 dollar days...

$249 ONE way?? Were you super picky about when you flew? I have flights in Sept as well and have both flights at $110. May not be $99 but sure is close. You could have gotten better deals with any other airline. I find it hard to believe that for Sept, you had to pay that kind of money. Sorry about your horribly bad luck:(

A few months ago, I booked our JetBlue flights out of Buffalo for our early December trip - I paid $1300 for six of us - direct flights at good times and we get our first bag free! It was $200/pp! We were going to drive if the flights were to expensive but we lucked out! I just happened to go online that day and look. The pricing is now up to $1700 - glad I caught the sale!!:banana:

Just bad luck...i know when I had talked to the travel agent, she gave me a quote...we waited...to see prices on every flight go up...then it dipped a little bit, so we grabbed it....i think it went up again....

Oh well, we dont have luggage fees and it is a good time frame!

Just out of curiousity, what carrier did you fly with that put you 'out of your window to get a price drop'. I am flying with Jetblue tomorrow and yesterday my prices dropped another $20/ flight. Got a credit. They also dropped back in July, got a credit then as well. Just wondering, that's all:)

We flew with Jetblue. I was told that anything after 24hrs from booking, that there would be no credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter