What do you collect?

We mostly collect pins, all 4 of us, we have thousands of pins. We display them similar to cpdwiz, we use cork boards and have a few framed sets up as well. We have some in our bedroom, 1 set in the hallway (girls' silhouette framed with silhouette pins around it) and the girls each have their own sets as well as our books. We have quite the plethora of pins! LOL I also like the "tins" that you get when you buy tea, hot chocolate, lemonade etc etc. I love to display them in my kitchen....OH I almost forgot, I also have a dry erase board framed in cork that I display food related pins on, it's super cute and a lot of fun!

I'm going to have a go at pin trading while we are there in december, never done it before so wish me luck :laughing: I've found some albums on the disney website that you can store them in, but I love the idea of displaying them on the wall somehow :love: The frame in your kitchen sounds lovely!!

Like several others I collect pins. That is by far my biggest collection with over 100 pins. Mostly I collect Disney stuff in general...I have a few mini snowglobes, some old little figurines they used to sell at the Disney Store (they were called Tiny Kingdom I believe), some of the Precious Moments, and now I am getting into the vinylmations.

Precious moments are beautiful arent they! We had one of the ornaments as our wedding cake topper :cutie:

I've been collecting 101 Dalmatians memorabilia since 1961! I have a huge collection of figurines, original artwork, cels, snowglobes, autographs, press kits... you name it, I probably have it. 5 curio cabinets, covered walls, boxes & boxes & boxes & boxes of toys and "stuff" in the garage. Big figs, pins, and lots more. And yes, dalmatians are the only breed of dog I have owned! Obsession? Spots, spots, and more spots.

My Christmas tree is total Disney. I've collected Grolier ornaments for years. My living room is all Disney for the holidays. Mickey's Clockshop drives everyone crazy!

My latest craze is collecting Disney Cruise Line stuff. My guest room is DCL. I just scored a bedspread on eBay. (Sorry, DCL) I hope this latest addiction stays limited to that one room.

I guess I need professional help!

Pins, of course. I like the vinylmation pins, but they are becoming difficult to purchase at WDW. And Disney is adding new sets of vinylmation pins at an alarming rate. These limited release set are now $16.95 a box, for two pins. :scared1: At some point, I'll draw the line.

I've been collecting 101 Dalmatians memorabilia since 1961! I have a huge collection of figurines, original artwork, cels, snowglobes, autographs, press kits... you name it, I probably have it. 5 curio cabinets, covered walls, boxes & boxes & boxes & boxes of toys and "stuff" in the garage. Big figs, pins, and lots more. And yes, dalmatians are the only breed of dog I have owned! Obsession? Spots, spots, and more spots.

I collect only Cruella pins!

legends.jpg

A recent addition to my collection.

We have over 800 and pretty much display them like this:

What a wonderful collection! Quick question for you... how do you anchor the pins in the frame? Once the pins are displayed, are you able to take them out of the frame and still wear them? Thanks!

Well I've decided to give pin trading a go on our next trip, I've bought some pins ready to trade - so hopefully it will be the start of something cute :wizard: I'm hopeing to make a nice display for my spare bedroom wall.

I love disney items and buy lots of things :laughing: But in terms of what I collect, I guess its anything to do with Stitch, snowglobes and christmas baubles :santa: Will post some photos soon :thumbsup2

We have over 800 and pretty much display them like this:

What a wonderful collection! Quick question for you... how do you anchor the pins in the frame? Once the pins are displayed, are you able to take them out of the frame and still wear them? Thanks!

You simply push the pins into the frame backing, at least we do. And yes, you can remove them later. In fact I just unframed 3 sets of Tink pins so I could just add them to my Tink corkboard. :) Corkboards are super easy too, just stick the pin in and there ya go. :)

I have collected pins on my last two trips to Disney & will pick up some more when we are out there next year. I have just started to collect Chrsitmas Decorations & plan on having a christmas tree covered in Disney one day :) I few of the Disney Traditons Ornaments that my husband has bought me & a few large snow globes.

I did have loads of Disney cuddly toys however my two young nieces have reduced my collection over the last 2 & half years & I have recently lost my large minnie mouse to my youngest niece at least they have gone to good homes.

You simply push the pins into the frame backing, at least we do. And yes, you can remove them later. In fact I just unframed 3 sets of Tink pins so I could just add them to my Tink corkboard. :) Corkboards are super easy too, just stick the pin in and there ya go. :)

They stick in the shadowbox and dont come loose. We never take them with us, we only trade what we buy to trade at the world.

I do pins but we seem to be doing more scuplture and presentation pieces.

I have collected pins on my last two trips to Disney & will pick up some more when we are out there next year. I have just started to collect Chrsitmas Decorations & plan on having a christmas tree covered in Disney one day :) I few of the Disney Traditons Ornaments that my husband has bought me & a few large snow globes.

I did have loads of Disney cuddly toys however my two young nieces have reduced my collection over the last 2 & half years & I have recently lost my large minnie mouse to my youngest niece at least they have gone to good homes.

You'll have to take some photos honey so we can see them :thumbsup2

I'd love a 100% disney covered christmas tree - might get another tree and use the 2 :lmao:

Would love to see your snowglobes as well :goodvibes

Awww i'm glad your cuddly toys have gone to good homes! I've got 2 bin bags full in the loft that i'm saving for when we have little one's - all the stitch one's i've got are sat in my office / spare room :love:

I will be sorting out my spare room over the weekend so will take photo's of my collectable's & pins that we have & will place them here, will try to see if I have any others in the mean to put on here

n534630600_5166605_3685.jpg

My Disney 2008 Christmas Dec

n534630600_5166608_4475.jpg

Our Pirates Dec

n534630600_3925610_3440.jpg

Some Disney wedding bits I bought in WDW last year.

These are the only pictures I could find untill I take photo's at the weekend of my other bits

Does your Micky & Minnie have bobble heads? The wedding ones? We saw those in DCA our last trip, we thought they were soooooooooo CUTE!!!!!

Wow, that post of mine had such GREAT English. LOL Does your have? What was I thinking? LOL

Those are so cute, we were thisclose to getting them for friends as a wedding gift, but they aren't as into Disney as we are so we decided not to. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter