What do you clean your leather couch with?

EllenFrasier

DIS Veteran
We have a real leather couch which we bought a year ago. Other than dusting it off occasionally, I haven't cleaned it with anything. What do you clean your leather couch with? :wizard:

Leather cleaner, if you can't find any in the cleaning section of your store try the automotive dept. We have uses some of the magiuers that I use on my car seats before, and it worked well.

I've never had a leather couch, but I used to have a horse so I went through a lot of leather cleaner on my saddle and accessories.

I used Lexol Leather Cleaner and then the Lexol Leather Conditioner. Kept things look really great....and horse tack gets REALLY dirty, so I think if the Lexol stood up to that task, it should do great for cleaning a couch.

I use either Armorall Leather Cleaner or Leather CPR. I like the Leather CPR much better, but cannot always find it. Last time I got it, it was from BJ's. I am on my 3rd leather living room set.. I love leather.. would not get anything else! My second set is still going strong..sort of.... I gave the couch away and the love seat is in my son's room.. I had to give it up.. my dog ate the back on me when it was a pup :mad: In my son's room.. it is ok..but for the living room.. no :thumbsup2

I saw a commercial on TV for Pledge and it said it's great for leather. Somehow the thought of using Pledge on leather does not add up. I'm used to Pledge lemon scented stuff that you put on wood to dust - maybe they make something else?:confused3

We bought our leather couch about a year ago too and they told us all we needed to do was dust it. Is there a need to use the cleaners if you don't have a spill or something visible?

I use a damp sponge to wipe off the dirt which does accumulate, especially after 5 kids have been sitting on it. Any scratches or discolorations I use shoe polish to restore it. This works GREAT. Just make sure to buff well or people will be walking around w/polished bottoms! :laughing:

I saw a commercial on TV for Pledge and it said it's great for leather. Somehow the thought of using Pledge on leather does not add up. I'm used to Pledge lemon scented stuff that you put on wood to dust - maybe they make something else?:confused3

I wouldn't use pledge on my leather couch :confused3. We use some wipes for leather, dust first and then once a month, use the wipes.

The only thing other than wood furniture I have used pledge on is tile in the bathroom shower (that was before the handy-dandy shower sprays came out) and shining up tile in the fireplace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter