• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you carry into the parks with you?

I usually just have a little cross body bag that has: wallet (including photo id, cash, visa card & debit card, hotel key & annual pass) sunscreen, camera, water bottle & an autograph book if I'm using one

We just returned from WDW last week. I always carried a small backpack with a water bottle, camera, sunglasses, wallet, aspirin, snack for our youngest, sunblock and lipstick.

In the past, when we've gone in June, there were always those late day thunderstorms, but I never carried ponchos, because we'd usually left the parks by then. However, last week, there was a significant chance of rain the last 3 days we were there, and we got rained on. So, I've bought a larger backpack so I can fit rain ponchos in. This was a good purchase anyway for us. We have season passes to Busch Gardens here, so we often need jackets in the spring and fall. I bought one of those backpacks that has 2 water bottle compartments, so that'll come in handy too.

As little as possible but having kids makes it hard. I always bring an extra set of clothes for them, especially the youngest in diapers. Bad experience with our friends son one time, side effect to antibiotic and thanks to my thinking, she was able to change his clothes without having to buy something:idea:

We always carry water, uncrustables, snacks, diapers, wipes, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, and any other essentials, we do no eat a ton in the parks and kids always seem to be hungry an hour earlier than DH and I are. I still carry a small cross body purse for my wallet, key and personal effects. When you have a stroller, it's easier to carry a small bag.

KTTW card. 2 pieces of gum in capri cargo pant pocket, $20 bucks and a smart phone. No kids. Life is good. :goodvibes

In a small backpack I have:
bottle of water
extra pins for trading
cell phone
small camera

Around my neck I wear something like a lanyard card holder (like the kind Passporter sells) and that holds our key to the world cards, credit card, photopass card and fastpasses.

That's it.

My kids have 2 small string backpacks that they carry their pins and autograph books in.

My husband carries nothing but the usual wallet/phone, but offers to carry the backpack whenever, but since it is a Vera Bradley pink cupcakes one, I give him a break and refuse!

I love a man who is willing to carry a girly bag. :rotfl: My DH is the same. He never cared what my DD's diaper bag looked like.

I carry what most folks (my wife included) would say is a rather large backpack. It's the one I carried with me to Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan and I carry pretty much everything for myself, wife and 3 kids. I carry 4 stainless steel filter bottles for water, rain gear x5, snacks, 2 types of sunscreen, hand sanitizer, tylenol, ibuprofen, allergy medicine, wet wipes, first aid kit, moleskin, 550 (parachute) cord, small flashlight x2, battery powered glow sticks (x4-give them to little kids on dark rides like POTC; helps keep them quiet), travel Kleenex packs x2, autograph books x3, Sharpie x3, pens/pencils, gallon ziplocks, zip ties, sewing kit, extra batteries for camera's my camera and our trip itinerary folder. It's a lot but I've used most of it at one time or another. I'm used to the weight so it doesn't bother me. Sure makes for a very tight fit on Space Mountain. That wasn't fun.....

One funny thing, the bag search people found my 550 cord twice in the 7 days we were there and both times they questioned me about what it's for. :lmao:It's just cord to tie stuff with and very useful. I thought it was funny. It's just something I leave in my pack all the time.

I take very little
Tickets
hand sanitizer
money
wear my lanyard with my pins
Caribiner sunscreen bottle clipped to my belt
Carry a bottle of water
Thats IT

if am going to carry a small over the shoulder purse and my daughter will just have her cell phone. Where does she put her phone when on the ride? You can't take it on the roller coaster can you? where does my purse go? I know sometimes they have those little cubbies but is it safe to leave an iphone in there while you are on the ride?

Disney_Princess83 said:
I don't carry a huge bag. What I normally carry into the parks :

Wallet
Camera
Sunglasses
Phone
Sunscreen
Mickey Ears

That's about all

I'm with you! Minnie ears are a MUST at Disney lol

Annual pass, room key and photo pass card in my pocket.
Sunglasses in the daytime but I wear them.
Occasionally a camera in my pocket.

We just ask for ice water when we want it, buy snacks when we are hungry, bandaids are available at first aid and the one time a child needed a change of clothes I bought one. We were in downtown Disney and my DD got soaking wet while ice skating. It has been a long time since there was a rink there.

The amount of stuff we carry with us has decreased over time, partly due to the kids being older.

* camera (either DSLR or p&s depending on the trip)
* thin "wallet" with KTTW card, a small amount of cash, license & ins cards
* Chapstick
* small sunscreen
* cellphone
* hand sanitizer
* tiny tube of Advil
* a few bandaids
* quarters & pennies to press (we have a small change purse we keep these in)
* tissues
* gallon ziploc bag for electronics in case of wet rides/rain

I usually carry a small backpack or a Vera Bradley hipster. I've been using a jansport waterproof backpack, but that has worn a hole through so I'll be carrying a baggalini backpack on our next trip

for our trip this December, we may need to add clothing layers to our bag depending on the weather. I'm hoping not, both because I don't like the cold and because I don't want to carry a big backpack

I have a Jansport sling bag which is surprisingly big and yet less bulky than a bookbag. I carry

*32. Oz bottle of water. I purchased it in Walmart for around $4 and it has a sleeve over it. Does an ok job of keeping water cool.
*Small softsided lunch box with snacks and sandwhiches.
*Ponchos
*Extra socks. (Hate hate hate sweaty socks!!)
* mini sunblock
*Wipes
*Travel.Advil
*Motion sickness pills
*iPod & earbuds
*Zycam
*Cap (when not in use)
*Sunglasses (When not in use)
*Travel deoderant
*Trashbag. (Use it on Kali River Rapids!)
*Sandals for water rides.

:-)
Jackie

I have a little bag I got back at the end of 2010 with 2011 on it for $5 and love this bag!

-small purse/wallet
-sunblock (when needed)
-allergy medicine/eye drops (I recommend this during the spring, learned the hard way...never not going to back this stuff again)
-tissues
-hand sanitizer
-phone/charger (have a portable charger)
-camera
-jacket (hey it does get chilly at night)
-snack (I put granola bars, gum in my bag)
-bottle of water (to get me started)

My lanyard has my season pass attached to it and I have my extra pins that aren't on there in my bag also.

Stuff I carry for the family when we go into the parks:rotfl:

camera
batteries for camera
battery pack (about the size of an original iPod shuffle) for phones
cable for phone
snacks (nuts, twizzlers usually)
extra trader pins +lockable pin backs+lanyards (dumped into there if we're on a rollercoaster)
light sweater for DW, and DDx2 if they're there (WDW buildings can be COLD even in midsummer)
water bottles
lots of stuff that DW and DDx2 hand off to me :hyper:

if am going to carry a small over the shoulder purse and my daughter will just have her cell phone. Where does she put her phone when on the ride? You can't take it on the roller coaster can you? where does my purse go? I know sometimes they have those little cubbies but is it safe to leave an iphone in there while you are on the ride?

Actually, you can take your bag on every ride at WDW! Just one of the many reasons why Disney parks are superior. They design all their rides to allow bags to be brought on - even roller coasters. The only coaster that goes upside down is Rockin', and the seats are deep enough that your bag won't fly out. On that ride and Tower of Terror, though, I always put my leg through the strap of my bag or squeeze the bag with my feet for extra security. I would recommend your daughter put her phone in your purse, and on ToT, be sure your purse is zipped - I've had my phone fly out before!

I carry very little in a drawstring bag: sunglasses, wallet, camera, phone, Advil. One other thing I carry that I haven't seen mentioned is Astroglide. It only took one trip when my sons legs got chaffed for us to figure this out. That stuff is amazing, life saver on hot sweaty days!

As a single adult, I take a small backpack with the following:

1) A tupperware container made for holding a sandwich with PB crackers, granola bar, & fruit snacks inside. I'm a cheapskate and rarely buy food in the parks :) The container keeps the snacks from getting crushed inside the bag, and is small/flat enough to not be bulky.

2) My PackIt with a Buddy Fruit and/or cheese stick inside

3) An umbrella, if it looks like it might rain

4) Sunscreen

5) My S'well bottle, in a side pocket

6) If I'm going to Epcot, a small empty water bottle for filling with Kinley :)

And the following items from my purse, which I always have with me anyway:

7) Ibuprofen

8) Lip balm

9) Gum

10) Hand sanitizer

11) Hand lotion

12) Keys

13) Wallet

14) Phone

Sunglasses are always on my head, and if my hair's not in a ponytail already there's a holder on my wrist :) That might sound like a lot, but it's actually not bad at all. My backpack is small and light, but has enough extra room in it for snacks, etc. for friends I may be with and any merch I might pick up.

My friends who have kids bring the usual diaper bag, water bottles/snacks, ponchos, etc. and stash everything in the bottom of the stroller. When I go with them, I sometimes leave the backpack at home and just take my crossbody purse; I can put my snacks & water bottle in the stroller.

I carry a lot of what others have listed but was thinking this trip we would also carry an ipod for the updates on entertainment and ride waits. I suspect many of you use your phones for this but that would be very expensive for our Canadian plan and apparently the ipod will work the same way. We will be testing in Jan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter