What do You always forget and have to buy?

Mommy2JulietJocelyn

DIS Veteran
What do you always mean to pack and usually end of forgetting? DO you go out & buy a replacement or do you go without?

I am getting all our stuff together and feel like I am forgetting something......
Thanks

My daughter seems to always forget her goggles for the pool, we have bought several new pairs over the years!

Infant tylenol. And we always run out of sunscreen, no matter how much I pack. For those things, we buy replacements.

Medications...It never fails, I will pack everything I think we could possibly need and someone will need a medication that we rarely use.

Sunblock. We always get stuck buying it in the parks and it's so expensive there!

I forgot to put my camera battery back in the camera (after charging it through the night) in the morning while there. Headed to MK for our last day/rope drop and realized the camera wasn't working without the battery. So - I bought two disposal cameras for the day!

Once, an extra camera battery. I walked into the MK on our first day there, raised up my camera to take a pic, and the battery promptly died. So we grossly overpaid for one in the MK.

And, in what has become a running joke in our family, hairbrushes. There have been so many trips (to WDW and elsewhere) where we've forgotten them and had to buy some at our destination.

I rarely forget to pack anything, but occasionally run out of something.

One time in Las Vegas--before Walgreens and CVS were on the strip--I had to pay $8 for 4 Nuprin or Advil tablets--can't remember which. And that was the best price! :eek: Came down with a nasty sinus infection during a conference and thought my head was going to split open! :rolleyes:

Had to buy camera batteries in WDW on one trip. Completely forgot to pack extras. They were expensive, but lasted at least two years! *LOL* And my BFF forgot to take extra batteries from the room for her little fan one day at EPCOT and had to pay $4 for 2 batteries. She said those things lasted about a year--and that little fan gets a good workout at least six months of the year! :)

I always double and triple check that my camera supplies, battery, memory cards, cords etc. are packed. And underwear !! A few years ago I forgot my underwear, so there I was in the gift shop at 9:30 at night buying new (totally overpriced) underwear:scared1:

Over the years I have forgotten a few things. we started taking vacations when DS was 10 months old......he's 14...DD is 12 and DS is 8.

Something I did 13 years ago prior to our first trip to WDW is keep a note book in the kitchen...every time I thought of items we would need I would write it down, afterall, we have never been on vacation with a baby before and plus we were driving. After a month or so, I created a Vacation doc in Word itemizing all the things we need to pack. As we had more kids that list sure came in handy as my free time became less and less. I finally updated the list taking off many of the baby items we no longer need. Even though we don't always take everything on the list, it's wonderful to have.

I also have a "The Day We Leave Check List"....nothing like driving on vacation and trying to think "did we close the garage door:eek:" All my checks are on the paper and we drive away worry-free :woohoo:

Aloe vera gel. We're usually so good about using s'screen that if something happens and someone DOES get burned, we're never prepared!

Over the years I have forgotten a few things. we started taking vacations when DS was 10 months old......he's 14...DD is 12 and DS is 8.

Something I did 13 years ago prior to our first trip to WDW is keep a note book in the kitchen...every time I thought of items we would need I would write it down, afterall, we have never been on vacation with a baby before and plus we were driving. After a month or so, I created a Vacation doc in Word itemizing all the things we need to pack. As we had more kids that list sure came in handy as my free time became less and less. I finally updated the list taking off many of the baby items we no longer need. Even though we don't always take everything on the list, it's wonderful to have.

I also have a "The Day We Leave Check List"....nothing like driving on vacation and trying to think "did we close the garage door:eek:" All my checks are on the paper and we drive away worry-free :woohoo:

I have a notebook that I have been doing the same with since we started when DD#1 was 2.5, she is now 6, DD#2 is 4, DD#3 is 2. BUt more things end up in the suitcases than I write and the items don't end up on THE LIST. I have it but feel like I am forgetting stuff - I think it is becasue this trip is a suprise to the girls - they won't know til the morning we leave, so I can't have everything laid out like I normally do.

My kiddos pack their own bags, and on several trips they've forgotten their jammies!

I second the camera battery -- last trip to Disney, had a brand-new camera...pulled it out...battery was dead! :sad2: And on our trip to the Outer Banks last week, I forgot the cable that connects the camera to the computer, so I couldn't send photos home to hubby. Wasn't a catastrophe, but annoying.

And add me to the list makers. We camp mostly, so I have a semi-permanent list that I keep with what we need every time.

I second the contact lens solution and case:thumbsup2 DD always gets something in her eye at the opposite end of the park from the first aid station (they have tiny tubes of saline). Bring a small bottle in your backpack, gift shops don't sell it.:confused3

AND an eyeglass repair kit.:cool2: DS's glasses are known to explode as he's literally just walking down a sidewalk.:rotfl: Yes, they have those kits for sale in the resort gift shops, but it's nice to carry those things with you and not have to detour your day.

I try to buy all new toiletries and toothbrushes (anything that we use in the morning) and pack it ahead of time. Then, I don't have to remember to use it and pack it when we are trying to leave to catch our flight. (We always take early, early morning flights.) For things that I can't buy doubles of (glasses, prescriptions), I put them in the sink the night before. Then, I can't forget them b/c they are there in plain sight when I get ready in the morning.

Also, don't forget to buy gum since you can't get it onsite. And, if you are packing tennis shoes, remember to pack socks. In the summertime, we get so used to wearing flip flops and sandals that it is hard to remember socks.

Coffee filters and coffee! We stay at DVC properties and brew our own coffee every morning. We ALWAYS forget filters and coffee. It has become a running joke. Our coffee maker at home doesn't take regular filters so we have quite a stash of packs of filters! Maybe by posting this I'll remember them for our upcoming trip!

Let's see...2 years ago I forgot my toothbrush. Last year I forgot my coverup for the pool. The toothbrush was easily replace. The pool coverup...I just used one of my DH's t-shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter