What do you all think of Kohls?

mermaidwannabe

DIS Veteran
I have 10,000 points accumulated in my Thank you Rewards, and we are getting a Kohls here in late September. I've never been in one, but I've seen the commercials, and it looks like a place I could get clothes for my 3 girls and myself. Just wondered what you all thought of the place. If it's just okay, I'll get a Walmart card.

Thanks!!

I love Kohls! Great prices, decent sales and the quality and selection is good.

I go to K's a LOT. A LOT. They have great sales at the end of the seasons and I can ALMOST ALWAYS find what I'm looking for (or something that would work if it's not exactly what I'm looking for...):goodvibes

LOVE Kohls! My whole family buys clothes and shoes there. Plus the houseware section is great. All my towels are from Kohls, my Dyson is from Kohls. I've gotten great teachers gifts there. When they have a sale plus you have a 30% off coupon, it can't be beat. I find it higher quality than Walmart and sometimes a little less expensive than Target.

I love, LOVE Kohl's! Great deals, Kohl's cash rocks! I can always find clothes there for everyone in the family, plus great kitchen and household stuff :) I'd say quality wise very similar to JCPenney.

Kohls is the best and my go to for many things! With a Kohl's credit card you get all the discounts and extras. They have great sales. They are MOBBED on Black Friday so thats a sign right? The housewears, shoes, etc. it is all great!

I *usually* love Kohls. My only problem is finding clothes for my DD7.5 in the winter. She wears between a 7/8 and 10/12, so that means shopping in the 7-14 section. The clothes they stock in that section I feel are a bit old for a 7 year old, and it was even worse last year when she was only 6. In the summer the clothes are much better - I got her a bunch of shorts, tanks, and dresses this summer CHEAP, and I am very happy with them. But outfits in the winter are hard.

Otherwise...love the place. For me, DD5, and the house. Love stacking those discounts too! Kohls cash rules!

I like them for house wares, but not clothes. Yes they have great sales, a lot of selection, but I believe that their clothes are knockoffs, or ones that aren't made correctly. For example, I wear the same brand and style bra, I love it, it fits great, I don't deviate. Well I went to Kohl's and for some reason I decided to try it one, even though I had purchased this same bra at other dept store for quite some time, none of the ones at Kohl's fit me. For my DD she pretty much wears the same size in other dept stores, yet none of their clothes fit her right.

I think the reason they are cheaper is because the clothes just aren't what other dept stores can sell. I have no proof of this, but no one that I know likes them for clothes, and they pretty much state the same reason that I do.

Love Kohls..... I can spend literally hours there. I will not, however pay full price there. They are on the high side in my opinion. Sales are awesome, especially when you can earn Kohls cash and have an extra discount. Check out their website to get an idea.

LOVE KOHLS! I always use a coupon when I go. Its hard not to go and not buy half the infant clothes section! We get all our Christmas decorations/village stuff there too every year.

I will say I don't like their women's clothes anymore. I've found that in the last two years everything they get is pretty ugly IMO.

Love Kohls but.....unless it's on sale the "normal" prices are extremely high I think. However, majority of the time they have great sales (and I love checking out the 60% - 80% off racks).:thumbsup2

I buy all my jeans and shorts there-all name brands

I really like their house brand and have bought lots of blouses

Clothes are a bit better than the clothes Target carries

You can get great deals at Kohl's, but you really have to have a Kohl's credit card to make it worth you while. They spend out discount coupons every couple of months - like 15% pick a day and then other flyers with 15 to 30% off your purchase when you use your Kohl's card. The past year they raised the age for their senior discount from age 55 to 58! Bummer!

Thanks for all the opinions! I think I'll not get the gc from there though since you can get discounts for using the Kohls card. I usually don't get the gc from Macy's either because you always have to use your Macys charge card to get discounts or to even use their coupons.

Thanks! I'm excited to go there when it opens!

They also have great customer service. Returns are so easy and hassle free, esp. when you use your Kohl's card.

I will be the voice of dissent, but I do not like Kohls. I've bought two shirts for myself there and they both started falling apart by the second wash. My husband likes to get his business casual stuff there and has had no problems though.

We are not credit card people and never have credit card debt, but i do love my kohls card. The discounts and kohls bucks just can not be beat. DH and i have different accounts and most of the time one of us get a 30% off. ALWAYS we do the big sales.Black Friday sales are quite good there too.

I was a Kohls gold card holder for years. I pretty much always bought the kids clothes and my clothes there. A few years ago I noticed that the goodwill bag was always filled with little worn Kohls clothes. While they may have been a good buy, we weren't wearing them like we were the other brands and I was sending most of them to goodwill almost new. I stopped buying clothes there and then I noticed the towels weren't the same quality that they use to be and stopped buying those there.

It got to the place I only bought wedding gifts there. Now I haven't even bought a wedding gift there for over 3 years. I am not sure what happened, but Kohls and I just aren't together anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter