What do they do to make Birthdays special for a 5 year old?

marlene1

Earning My Ears
How do you get the pin they can wear so everyone knows it's their Birthday etc?

We are taking my son and our grandson that will be turning 5. We have been to the parks many times as adults, but we are not sure what a 5 year old will love to do?? Which rides, shows, adventures. We are thinking Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom would be the best for him.

I would appreciate any info!

Information for our poster,hope some of our vets can give some advice and tips. :goodvibes Thanks Danny

let's see if I was a 5 year old I would wanna ride Buzz Lightyear like 90 times, drive the indy cars, haunted mansion might be too intense... might not be tall enough for big thunder, would be bored on Splash mountain till the big drop at the end. if he has a thing for trains, ask the conductor to blow the whistle. Ask to ride in the front of the monorail, Woody's Cowboy camp, Capt. Jack Pirate tutorial... there are also pirate cruises from some of the resorts.

Prime evil whirl might be fun, if he is into Nemo that nemo show is really cool (sit a little further back than half way, kinda behind where the controls are cause some comes out all over and easier to see from there.

if it is warm out kali river rapids... last time there we rode with some 8 ish year olds that were having the time of their lives getting soaked. The big cats on the trail... it's tough to be a bug might be too intense... heck it is too intense for me.

oh stop at guest services and ask for the 1st trip button and the birthday button www.wdwinfo.com/celebration-buttons.htm

there is a way to pre order a birth day cake if ya have dinner reservations... but I have no clue where that is, I just wear my birthday button and they bring me a cup cake.

To get the pin you go to guest relations at any of the parks and ask for one. Sometimes the disney hotels have them as well.

The only way to guarantee something "special" would be to arrange and pay for it yourself. Sometimes disney goes all out with the little surprises and sometimes they do nothing. Just depends on the CM and thier mood.

When I got the button for my Bday I got lots of "Happy Birthdays" from everyone and the Coral Reef resturant gave me a free dessert.

we went to Disney for my daughters 9th birthday, before I left for disney, I bought a banner throught one of those party books, and some balloons, when I arrived at the hotel, I gave them to the cast members upon check in and asked if they would decorate the room on her birthday while we were out at the parks. When we came back that evening the room was full of balloons mine and theirs with the banner hung and a card from Cinderella. My daughter thought that disney had done all of that for her and was so excited.

We celebrated DS 3rd bday at WDW. We went to guest relations for the free bday button. I had a shirt made that he also wore that day and the shirt was a big hit. We had an ADR at LTT and I ordered a cake for him and it cost me $25.
The day was great because of all the happy bday wishes that we got from guest and CM. He got tons of stickers and we even got a couple of FP because the CM saw his bday shirt. I hope you guys have a magical vacation!
S8000492.jpg

Front and back of shirt he wore.
10-24-06107.jpg

Cake we ordered. He also has the free bday button on.
:cheer2:

We celebrated my daughters tenth birthday at Disney last year. I mentioned it to the front desk at CSR when I checked in, and she gave me the birthday button, and we went to EPCOT for the day. I did not set up a birthday cake when I made my ADR, but while we were at dinner at the Garden Grill, a CM asked if I wanted one. We were sitting there for so long, and she forgot about the cake. She felt so bad that she gave it to me for free, and Mickey himself came over to sing happy birthday to my little girl. When we got back to the resort, there were about 4 balloons and a big card with a signed picture of all the Disney characters inside it. I was in shock, I thought she would get a couple of special "happy birthday" s from CMs but it was so much more. They really went above and beyond and it was awesome.

For a 5yo boy?

Probably Buzz and the Speedway will be high on his list.

Depending if he is a thrill seeker or not, he may want to try out some of the roller coasters. There is a kiddie roller coaster in the Toontown area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter