• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do people do if wanting to visit universal

Vixster

DIS Veteran
I am wanting to visit universal next year when we go but only want 1 or 2 days what do you all normally do about getting tickets or hotels packages?

It depends how many of you there are and when you're going.

If we're staying at Disney we tend to get the Universal 2-park bonus ticket from Atraction Tickets Direct :
http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/universal-orlando-resort/universal-2-park-bonus-ticket which allows us to come and go for the length of our stay.

Sometimes it can make sense to get a room at the cheapest on-site at Uni (Royal Pacific) for 1 or 2 nights because of the included Express Pass (which is a lifesaver at busy times).
If there's four of you in the room it works out a great way to see everything and skip the lines as oppose to purchasing Express passes at the park.

It depends how many of you there are and when you're going. If we're staying at Disney we tend to get the Universal 2-park bonus ticket from Atraction Tickets Direct : http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/universal-orlando-resort/universal-2-park-bonus-ticket which allows us to come and go for the length of our stay. Sometimes it can make sense to get a room at the cheapest on-site at Uni (Royal Pacific) for 1 or 2 nights because of the included Express Pass (which is a lifesaver at busy times). If there's four of you in the room it works out a great way to see everything and skip the lines as oppose to purchasing Express passes at the park.

Thank you will have a look at that we are a family of 5 so could be useful staying

Hi,
We plan to go to Universal for 2 days on our next holiday. The 14 days tickets worked out about £460 give or take, so instead we are booking a room at Royal pacific which gets us 2 days of express pass and buying a 2 day 2 park ticket. This totals about £540. For the extra £80 I would rather have the express pass and just go for 2 days. We probably wouldn't go any more than that anyway as have got all the other parks to fit in!! It depends what suits you and your holiday best!

We wanted to do 2 days at universal also similar to above poster. A night at hrh including tix for 2 days and express pass was £550 so only 75 more for us. Plus we'll save on cabs one day.

Do you think 2 days is enough? I haven't been to Universal since 2007 so there have been a lot of additions and I'm wondering whether 2 full days would be enough? I initially planned on staying 4 nights (first part of trip) so that would have given me 3 days, however the most popular pass is the 2 day one. Do you think 2 days would be enough for a couple with a 3 year old in November?

OP last time we stayed at Crowne Plaza Universal for 3 nights rather than travel from Disney but this time I would prefer to stay onsite with the fastpasses.

I would also consider when you are going next year.

If it is after the planned HP addition then i would look at going to a resort hotel to get the express passes and early access. Maybe increase the number of days at universal if you can as it will be packed!!

I've just arranged 4 days at Hard rock 9-13 July then 16 days at Disney Grand Floridian. Although i am unsure if Hard Rock is the one for us, after spending 3 days at universal last year whilst onsite at Disney, it seemed best to plan for extra days at Universal and take advantage of the express pass and early access hours. Particularly with everything that will be going on next year.

I get my passes from americanattractions.co.uk

Hotel prices do not include tickets but guests staying at one of the on site universal hotels get express pass for the length of stay. We are staying one night but that gets us express pass for 2 days as you can check in any time after 6am and although your room won't be ready you can get your express pass and head to the park. I think it's worth it for that perk.

We are planning something similar as a family of 5. I would like to stay for at least one night, perhaps two. I can't imagine wanting to drag myself away from WDW for longer than that, as I also want to visit Seaworld. Seriously considering longer than 14 days...

We are planning something similar as a family of 5. I would like to stay for at least one night, perhaps two. I can't imagine wanting to drag myself away from WDW for longer than that, as I also want to visit Seaworld. Seriously considering longer than 14 days...

We stayed at the Poly last year for 2 weeks - it was fantastic but at times it felt a little rushed trying to do as much as possible. The girls loved Aquatica but only managed to go once and we totally missed out on Discovery Cove. Hopefully by going for 21 days this year we will be able to relax and enjoy it more and try more things.

We stayed at the Poly last year for 2 weeks - it was fantastic but at times it felt a little rushed trying to do as much as possible. The girls loved Aquatica but only managed to go once and we totally missed out on Discovery Cove. Hopefully by going for 21 days this year we will be able to relax and enjoy it more and try more things.

Not sure we could afford 3 weeks, although that would be wonderful.
We want 2 weeks at OKW and I would like a day at SeaWorld and possibly 2 or 3 days at Universal. I am wondering whether I could stretch to 17 or 18 days...

That's what I plan on doing, 15 nights Disney and 3/4 Universal with one of them being either Busch Gardens or possibly Seaworld. I don't want to take any days off my Disney stay as I always feel I need more time there.

I think that it really depends on what time of the year you're staying. The last time we went to Universal (2011) we stayed overnight to get the front of line pass and to get into WWOHP an hour earlier. We spent almost two full days between the 2 parks. However I'm not really sure that we needed the FOLP as we were there in Nov. and it was pretty quiet. It did help on a few rides and saved us some time. I did like not having to drive back to OKW at the end of the 1st day, but I'm not sure that it was worth the extra money. If we were to do this again then I would probably stay at Universal a couple of days before going to WDW, that way we won't be paying for accommodation twice!

We now usually only do Universal/Islands, perhaps one other park or water park too. We usually got for 10 days and tend to hit the parks in the morning, shop or swim in the afternoon and sometimes return for the evening. We are past the rushing to get everything done and are quite happy to get some serious coaster riding done before lunch then chill out for the rest of the day. We stay on I-Drive so it takes us around 30 minutes to get to the parks using the bus. We are never bored and always wish we were staying longer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter