• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do i sign up for? where should I stay?

Epik

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

I'm so excited to take my family on our first Disney cruise, Feb 2012. We are on the Magic, Eastern Caribbean.
Can anyone suggest a good family hotel to stay in the night prior to boarding? We are from Toronto so I don't want to risk missing the cruise b/c of inclement weather!

I am overwhelmed at what I should do, bring and sign up for prior to setting sail. We have a 2yr old and 6yr old. Do I bring costumes? What can I sign up for from Toronto so I don't miss out on any ship activities? Can anyone give me some pointers?

all help is much appreciated,
thanks!

You will find tons here both in the threads and in the FAQs up top! My first cruise ever was a DCL cruise and I benefitted tremendously from a guidebook. I used passporters but there are others as well.

Happy planning!!

We have stayed at both the Hilton Garden Inn and the Embassy Suites at the airport. They both have shuttles to and from the airport.

The Hyatt MCO is really nice, and I think the Disney shuttle picks up from there the morning of the cruise, if I recall correctly!

Hi Everyone,

I'm so excited to take my family on our first Disney cruise, Feb 2012. We are on the Magic, Eastern Caribbean.
Can anyone suggest a good family hotel to stay in the night prior to boarding?Are you planning to stay in Orlando or at Port Canaveral? We are from Toronto so I don't want to risk missing the cruise b/c of inclement weather! Good plan.

I am overwhelmed at what I should do, bring and sign up for prior to setting sail. We have a 2yr old and 6yr old. Do I bring costumes? What can I sign up for from Toronto so I don't miss out on any ship activities? You can sign up for shore excursions online. Can anyone give me some pointers?

all help is much appreciated,
thanks!

The Hyatt MCO is really nice, and I think the Disney shuttle picks up from there the morning of the cruise, if I recall correctly!

I second this. Plus they offer a great CAA discount/breakfast offer if available.

The Hyatt is perfect... it is actually in the Airport, like the Sheraton is in Toronto.. I feel it is a reasonably priced. The DCL shuttles are in the airport as well, so in the morning all you have to do is walk over the the Disney desk and you are right there. We stayed there in February and will be staying there again for our New Years Cruise. I feel after travelling with kids the lat thing I want to do is hope shuttles to get to a hotel to have to come back to the airport in the morning to grab another shuttle to Port. But that is just me!!

Enjoy your trip!!!

I also meant to suggest to pick up pirate stuff now (Halloween is coming so the stores have just put out all the costumes, etc.) for Pirate Night - so much fun to dress up!!

I also meant to suggest to pick up pirate stuff now (Halloween is coming so the stores have just put out all the costumes, etc.) for Pirate Night - so much fun to dress up!!

Our Target usually reduces the Halloween to 90% off on the Sunday after Halloween (or the following Sunday). I've picked up GREAT pirate costumes for about $2 each. Also a good time to find princess dresses on clearance.

Happy cruising!

Since we are coming a day early for our cruise, we are staying at Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach. I haven't heard any reviews positive or negative about them. We will be without a car so we chose them because they are next to the beach, and across the street from restaurants and Walgreens. I made my reservation with the manager Dave Nimmo (I think was his name). He gave us a rate we couldn't refuse and transportation to the port.

Our cruise travel agent recommends Country Inn and Suites, though.

Our Target usually reduces the Halloween to 90% off on the Sunday after Halloween (or the following Sunday). I've picked up GREAT pirate costumes for about $2 each. Also a good time to find princess dresses on clearance.

Happy cruising!

There are no targets currently in Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter