• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do I need?

provencio

Mouseketeer
I would like to know what I need to have with me to prepare for my DAS call. I assume my Disney confirmation number? Maybe myexperience open? Medical docs or prescriptions.

TIA guidance is appreciated.

I didn't have anything with me specifically. I just made sure I was logged into MDE. Once the person connected with me, they said, "Oh, I see you are already signed into MDE and I see your information". You don't need any kind of medical documents. They will just ask you why you are unable to wait in the regular queue. Also, if you are not the person who is qualifying for the DAS, that person will need to be available during the call.

they willl not look at medical documents they will ask you something like why is it hard for you to wait in lines

Instead of medical documents or prescriptions, which they will not look at, it might make your call go more smoothly if you write yourself a good, concise list of the reasons why you can’t go through the standby line. It can be very stressful to have the conversation, and I think it helps a lot of people to have a good idea of what they’re going to need to say instead of struggling for words under pressure.

Log onto MDE then call on their website. Once you get through they just ask who needs DAS, take a picture of the person, ask why need DAS. Once approved they transfer you to schedule advanced attraction selections. All you need to do is decide how to articulate the reason you need DAS, and it is helpful to have a list of what advanced attraction selections you want by date and time of day (morning, afternoon, evening).

Instead of medical documents or prescriptions, which they will not look at, it might make your call go more smoothly if you write yourself a good, concise list of the reasons why you can’t go through the standby line. It can be very stressful to have the conversation, and I think it helps a lot of people to have a good idea of what they’re going to need to say instead of struggling for words under pressure.
This is what we did. Our DAS holder wanted to do it themselves, but has trouble with putting their thoughts into words in the moment so they wrote out for themselves what they wanted to say. It worked extremely well

For the first chat, I didn’t need anything but my MDE account. For the DAS selections; I typed a note on phone with:
the list of my park days, what park we were visiting, my top 3 choices, and any conflicts like dining reservations. Then when I was speaking to that cast member, I just copied and pasted it so that I didn’t have to type everything out then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter