What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

Thanks to this thread for the info on check in. We started right at midnight. Things went smoothly until the second headshot which wouldn’t upload. We went back and forth between use file or use camera. We exited and re-entered about four times. Finally we went onto the laptop and it loaded fairly quickly. All in all it took about an hour to complete. It didn’t seem intuitive but maybe we were tired! We got a PAT time of 11:30 so that’s fine. At 1:15am I said to my DSis “this doesn’t bode well for the cruise since we’ll be eating supper at midnight EST! We are going to practice staying up later😴 LOL

I am not sure what is going on. I logged in this morning (on my desktop) to begin my check in (cruise if July 19th) and that option does not show up when I log in on the desktop. I logged in on the app and the check in option is available. I have no idea as to why it isn't when I log in on my desktop. Before I begin to save the photos and everything on my phone (as they are already on my desktop) does anyone have any suggestions as to why I can't check in on my desktop. Also, this is the first cruise I have done since 2019 so the app is new to me.

thank you

Jennifer

I am not sure what is going on. I logged in this morning (on my desktop) to begin my check in (cruise if July 19th) and that option does not show up when I log in on the desktop. I logged in on the app and the check in option is available. I have no idea as to why it isn't when I log in on my desktop. Before I begin to save the photos and everything on my phone (as they are already on my desktop) does anyone have any suggestions as to why I can't check in on my desktop. Also, this is the first cruise I have done since 2019 so the app is new to me.

thank you

Jennifer
Not DCL check in specific, but whenever that junk happens to me with Disney IT, I start by trying incognito/private mode in Chrome or Firefox. It helps probably 85% of the time.

Thank you TheOneWithTheTriplets for the suggestion, I ended up having to do the checkin on my phone. I was able to complete my check in, except that I couldn't enter a credit card for the onboard account, it worked when I picked Cash. Everything shows s Complete except Guest Information where it says Pending Approval. Can I go back in later to change from cash to Credit Card?

Jennifer

Thanks to everyone for the tips and info! I was ready and up at midnight with all my pics/info, and did my check-in. Got 11:15 port arrival time. I couldn't have done it without you.

:thanks:

P.S. Now just gotta get the COVID test in time, uploaded, etc! :oops:

If you have multiple staterooms, you have to do them one at a time. You can do it from one log in, just switch reservations.

Preparation:
1. have downloaded to your device 1) a clean headshot of each person (straight on, no eyeglasses, hats or hair accessories, shoulders included, cannot be the same as passport photo), low resolution and 2) passport photo. Must be JPEG file!
2. a document with each passenger's birthdate, address, cell phone, email address, passport number, passport expiration, safe word for kids club, emergency contact name, emergency contact phone number, credit card information
3. Flight information for all legs -- date, airline, airport from, airport to, confirmation number/record locator number, flight number, time departure, time arrival

For speed:
1. Upload photo and if it says it doesn't meet the criteria, click SAVE and move on. Deal with it after you get your PAT.
2. For Onboard account, select Cash to get through it quickly
3. For Travel Plans, select Driving to get through it quickly. I just used home address for the return.
4. Finish each stateroom then go back and fix photo, add credit card, add flight information.

You can change PAT times, so keep checking to see if any better ones become available closer to the cruise.

You can edit the Online Checkin information as much as you want (at least I have so far), until that piece of it goes under review and can't be modified.
Thank you so much for putting together this list. Saved me so much time this morning and I got an 11:15am PAT for my August 1 sailing on the Wonder.

Thank you so much for putting together this list. Saved me so much time this morning and I got an 11:15am PAT for my August 1 sailing on the Wonder.
Same with me! Followed all of Doingitagain’s helpful hints! 11:15 PAT for my Aug 1st sailing on the Dream. But Dory showed up before I could complete the linked room reservation. Did it through app on iPad but DS21 had to send the jpg photos from the computer to the iPad. Went to bed a 2 am but was happy with Boarding group 4. Still have to “pass” the Covid-19 test!
Please send positive vibes!

What do you upload if you do not have a passport? Picture of birth certificate and drivers license?
That’s probably what I would do as one file or just upload drivers license and don’t worry about it.

Worse thing is they will not clear you in advance and they will fix it at the port. It is really nothing to fret about. Just load something so you can get to select a PAT.

For cruises out of PC to Western Caribbean, only a birth certificate is required, correct? I have not had to have a passport in the past....

If you have multiple staterooms, you have to do them one at a time. You can do it from one log in, just switch reservations.

Preparation:
1. have downloaded to your device 1) a clean headshot of each person (straight on, no eyeglasses, hats or hair accessories, shoulders included, cannot be the same as passport photo), low resolution and 2) passport photo. Must be JPEG file!
2. a document with each passenger's birthdate, address, cell phone, email address, passport number, passport expiration, safe word for kids club, emergency contact name, emergency contact phone number, credit card information
3. Flight information for all legs -- date, airline, airport from, airport to, confirmation number/record locator number, flight number, time departure, time arrival

For speed:
1. Upload photo and if it says it doesn't meet the criteria, click SAVE and move on. Deal with it after you get your PAT.
2. For Onboard account, select Cash to get through it quickly
3. For Travel Plans, select Driving to get through it quickly. I just used home address for the return.
4. Finish each stateroom then go back and fix photo, add credit card, add flight information.

You can change PAT times, so keep checking to see if any better ones become available closer to the cruise.

You can edit the Online Checkin information as much as you want (at least I have so far), until that piece of it goes under review and can't be modified.
I was told we would be told the night before our cruise what time the DCL transportation will pick us up at our WDW hotel, so how would we know what time we would arrive at the port of we don’t have this indo when we are doing our online checkin?

I was told we would be told the night before our cruise what time the DCL transportation will pick us up at our WDW hotel, so how would we know what time we would arrive at the port of we don’t have this indo when we are doing our online checkin?
My understanding is that PAT doesn’t matter if you are taking DCL transportation, they may automatically change your boarding group to 2 or 3 or something like that.

Correct, you really don't need a Port Arrival Time if taking DCL transportation. They know when their buses will arrive. I may or may not ask you to pick a time. If you already have your transfers booked the system should not ask you to pick a time but sometimes it does.

MJ

The photo you have to take besides the passport can you go to cvs and have them take a picture different than your passport picture?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter