What do I get an 8 year old girl for her First Communion?

Tracey1974

Maybe a 2009 babymoon before our family of 3 turns
Saturday is my best friend's daughter's First Communion. I have a 2 1/2 year old son, so I am a bit out of touch with 8 year olds these days. I know Hannah Montana and HSM are huge, but what do you give for Communions? Savings bonds? Money? Gift cards? Clothes? I know they are going to WDW in November, so I can always incorporate some Disney dollars in or something. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

I remember opening up a lot of Smurf related gifts in 1982 for my Communion!:o

My DD got a cross necklace, some earrings, and a rosary, I believe. She also got money and a savings bond or two. Maybe you could do a necklace and include a few Disney Dollars, just to add something fun.

Where I come from money is the typical gift...cash, check or savings bond.

Also popular are the gifts from the Hallmark store or something like that...First Communion frames, crosses, photo albums, figurines and the like. Religious jewelry, rosaries, bibles also are given by some.

I got my DNiece I nice Bible carrier/cover & cool bookmark- the ribbon kind it was beaded at the top & bottom.

Kae

My DD got a cross necklace, some earrings, and a rosary, I believe. She also got money and a savings bond or two. Maybe you could do a necklace and include a few Disney Dollars, just to add something fun.

I would go with the cross necklace and Disney dollars.

I would go with cash. A cross necklace, bible etc. is usually given by close family members. My kids all got their crosses and medals from their Godmother and grandparents when they were baptised.

I would go with cash as well. When my kids went through Confirmation, they got a lot of religious type things that sort of overlapped. They both got cash from my brother, ds used his to buy a bible study guide and dd got a pair of cross earrings to match a cross necklace my in laws gave her. If you have a Christian bookstore near you, they may have giftcards. Otherwise, cash is never a bad choice!

I'm giving cash. I'm don't give bibles or crosses or anything like that b/c kids usually get quite a few duplicates of those items.

A nice devotion/Bible study book for kids is appropriate, and even though she is young, money is also an idea and she could save it and bring it along on her upcoming WDW trip.

My Godmother got me a pretty gold cross necklace. If you think she'd like jewelry, Walmart has some cute earrings and necklaces (10k and 14k) for girls that are pretty reasonably priced.

A cross necklace is a good idea. The special gift that I got on my first communion was a doll that was dressed up as if she was going to get her first communion. I also got a nice cross that is hanging above my bedroom door.

The cross necklace is the best thing, maybe a pretty bracelet or a nice pair of earrings instead.

Symbolically a wooden ornamental cross might be a great thing. I find mine very sentimental, if you'll excuse my poor English :blush:

Rich::

I would NOT buy the cross jewelry for her. Leave that for the Godparents and Grandparents. Its really stepping on toes otherwise.

Cash is the best way to go. My dd got a cross for her wall (her third), a religious story book, a picture frame, jewelry from Godmother and grandparents and then the rest was cash or savings bonds.

$100 savings bond. Around here, only family gives jewelry, and the parents or godparents will give the cross necklace.

Thanks everyone! I think I will go with the cash for her trip and something small like a necklace or earrings. I'm pretty sure her Godparents have gotten or will give her the cross necklace. I know she had gotten the cross for her wall and the bible for her Christening.

Thank you again!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter