• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do I do with Chicken Breasts...boneless

Now when making bread crumb baked chicken instead of dipping in egg first I marinate for a few minutes in Italian dressing- then bread crumb then bake.
It is suprisingly very tasty!

We make Chicken Croissants, which my son and I call Chicken things, LOL.

1 lb chicken
2 pks. cream cheese
1 small onion, diced
2 containers of crescent rolls

Cook and shred 1 lb of chicken. Add the cream cheese and onions and mix well. Open the crescent rolls and tear apart at every other one to make squares. Put the squares on a baking sheet and seal the creases to make a solid square. Put some of the mixture in the middle. Pull up the corners of the square to make a pocket and seal. Bake until they are golden on top. These are soooooo good!

Marsha

For those who like tangy dishes:

4-6 boneless chicken breasts
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 package onion soup mix
1 bottle Catalina French salad dressing

put chicken in baking dish-mix other ingredients together and pour over top-cover and bake @350 approx 45-60 minutes or until done- serve with rice and veggies:thumbsup2

Trish

If you're not dieting....

Coat the breasts with mayonnaise (sounds gross, but there's nothing better to keep it moist, and it's not noticeable) I've had people who hate mayo have it, and they couldn't tell what it is. I'm not a miracle whip person at all, so I have/would never try it.

Anyway, after coating it in mayonnaise, coat it with crushed ranch Doritos. My kids love this.

Serve with green beans and garlic cheese bread. (no, they're not overweight-just the contrary).

OMG... hasn't anyone heard of "Corn Flakes"??? Take your chicken breast, coat in eggs and dip in crushed corn flakes and bake. It tastes just like fried chicken, but with out the deep frying. Oven Tem. 350 about 25 minutes. Even my pickey daughter likes this one. So easy, Soooooo good.

I use this. I make it by taking some parm cheese, crushed corn flakes, garlic, seasoned salt and putting in a ziploc bag. I just wet the chicken, coat with the mixture, put in a baking dish. I spray the top with cooking spray, and bake for 30min at 350. It is really good.

Cut them up along with some red potatoes, stir in some dijon mustard and mayo, put them on a cookie sheet with a little oil, and bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes.

We also love chicken!!! I am loving these new recipies.

I do frozen chicken breasts with taco seasoning and diced tomatoes & green chilis (Rotel) in the crockpot. Cook 6 hours, shred and use for chicken soft tacos, etc...

Also, on the Bisquick box is excellent "fried" chicken.
Bisquick, paprika, coat chicken and bake in oven. Super yummy!!

My kids LOVE this recipe from Paula Deen:

Italian Chicken Sticks

1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
11/2 teaspoons dried thyme
11/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch ground red pepper
8 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
Marinara sauce or honey mustard, for dipping

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a pie plate or platter, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, thyme, basil, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper. Dip the chicken strips in the melted butter, then dredge them in the bread crumb mixture. Place the chicken strips in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken sticks hot with marinara sauce, or serve hot or cold with honey mustard.

**I use Asiago cheese instead of parmesan for a little extra kick. And I use regular bread crumbs if I don't have seasoned, and just add extra seasonings listed above.

The kids cant get enough of this chicken (I put marinara sauce on it), and I feel good making it for them cause it's healthier than fried nuggets or the processed chicken you can find in the frozen food section at the store. If you really wanted to health it up, you could use egg whites instead of butter to coat the chicken before breading. I personally don't think it's that much butter, so I just use the butter.

I make extra and store it to use with pasta or chicken parmesan.

$6 bottle of white wine from Aldi (which lasts about 8 or so times)
bread crumbs
moz cheese
cream of mushroom soup

butter a pyrex dish, lay chicken breasts in it. mix 1/2 cup of wine w/cream of mushroom soup pour over chicken. Add moz cheese and put bread crumbs on top. Cook covered with foil for 45 minutes at 375 then 15 minutes uncovered. Serve over white rice (the sauce on the rice is awesome).

We've found pinot grigio (which I can't stand but it was a gift LOL) is the best wine - and the cheaper brand from Aldi actually has more taste when cooking.

This also works with pork - though my kids prefer it on the chicken.

For a relatively quick supper with chicken breasts, this is our family's new favourite.

Take as many boneless skinless chicken breasts as you need for your family and season with salt, pepper and lemon garlic (or lemon pepper) seasoning. Cut into cubes or small chunks.

Heat olive oil and brown chicken breasts until cooked through. At the same time, cut up red and green peppers and cook along with the chicken. Stir often so chicken gets completely cooked and peppers don't burn!

Use 1 can of chicken bouillion, (or 1 pk of Oxo, Bovril or Knorr chicken bouillion mixed with 10 oz of water), and add 2 tbsp of cornstarch to the bouillion. Pour into the pan with chicken/pepper mixture (this will loosen all the brown bits from the pan and add more flavour). Stir thoroughly and heat, covered, until thickened and flavours are mixed (maybe 5-10 mins).

While chicken mixture is simmering, prepare angel hair pasta according to directions. You can either serve the chicken mixture onto of the pasta, or mix the pasta into the pot with the chicken. I prefer to mix it in. I top it with parmesan cheese.

Very easy, quick, and tasty!

Cut them in half (filet style). Put a little bit of spinach and artichoke dip on it, roll it up, use a tooth pick to keep closed, throwing on some seasons is a good thing too( I love a little salt, a lot of fresh ground pepper, and some season all). Bake until almost done. Sprinkle some grated mozzarella on top and finish baking.

I have a very picky eater...lately I have been making Chicken "Corbin Bleu"...it's a lot like chicken cordon blue but my picky eater thinks it is a high school musical dinner so he loves it. I lay out a piece of thin sliced chicken breast, put a half slice of cheese (baby swiss or american), a few slices of pepperoni (picky eater does not like ham), roll it up, put a toothpick in it, throw a few breadcrumbs on top and bake at 375 degrees for about 40minutes. I add another half slice of cheese on top about 5 minutes before I take it out of the oven and VOILA - "Chicken Corbin Bleu". It is now a family favorite.

we make soup, I do a semi homemade with fried rice where I do a stir fry on the chicken with some peppers and onions then I put it over vegatble fired rice. I also cut tit into strips and cook it up then freeze it. I use some for salads, soups, even just heat and eat.

This is super easy. As someone has already posted, they put chicken in with salsa.

Our school just published a cookbook as a fundraiser and this is the easiest chicken recipe.

Take 6 frozen chicken breasts, 1 jar of salsa and 1 block of cream cheese (I chunked mine up) in the crockpot. Cook on low all day long or on high for 4-6 hours. It is really very good!

my friend taught me how to make chicken pot pie using chicken breasts, frozen veggies, cream of chicken soup, and just those pillsbury pre made pie crusts. i love it!

follow the directions for thawing out the pie crusts. preheat the oven to 350ºF.

in a frying pan, fry the chicken breasts in a little butter and salt and pepper to taste. i cut the chicken up into small pieces when the chicken isn't pink anymore and put it back in the pan and add a cup and a half (or more depending on how many veggies you like) of the frozen mixed veggies (i get the carrot, peas, corn and beans) directly to the pan. when veggies are cooked add cream of chicken soup to pan (i use a half a can of water also with this to thin it out, because it's wicked thick!). place one of the pie crusts in a pie dish. add the contents of the pan into the pie dish. put the other pie crust on top of the contents and poke some holes in the top crust. bake in the oven for about 15-20 min or until the crust is completely baked and a little golden brown.

i love the way this tastes and you can add different flavors to suit you. the pillsbury crusts are the best i can find around. they are so flaky and delicious!

We put it in a crockpot with salsa...chicken tacos/fajitas whatever

Put the chicken in a baking pan, take a can of cream of chicken soup, mix it with water and pour it over the chicken. Cover with sliced swiss cheese then cover with a stove top stuffing mix. Cook 45-50 minutes at 350.

I have also on occasion put mixed vegetables in with the soup. Its a one step meal!

The quickest and easiest chicken recipe my family likes is putting boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot. Dump in an envelope of Good Seasons Italian Salad dressing (dry) and a can of clear pop. I usually use Ginger Ale. Let cook on low while I'm at work. It's ready when we get home from school and work.

Lots of great recipes here.

My husband really likes when I make chicken breast in the crock pot with salsa and a can of cheddar cheese soup.

There is an awesome chicken rueben recipe on the Whats for Dinner board too.

For those who like tangy dishes:

4-6 boneless chicken breasts
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 package onion soup mix
1 bottle Catalina French salad dressing

put chicken in baking dish-mix other ingredients together and pour over top-cover and bake @350 approx 45-60 minutes or until done- serve with rice and veggies:thumbsup2

Trish

I make this but instead of using cranberry sauce, I use apricot preserves.

I also make it in the crock pot. Put every thing in the pot and cook on low for 4 hours...my family loves the sauce it makes...kinda like sweet and sour. :thumbsup2

Cut them up along with some red potatoes, stir in some dijon mustard and mayo, put them on a cookie sheet with a little oil, and bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes.

That sounds really good. It's a nice simple recipe and I'm going to try it.:thumbsup2

Our favorite recipe for chicken breast is to marinade it overnight in equal parts zesty italian dressing and mayo. It's certainly not low fat, for sure. ;) The next morning I put it in the oven and bake it. Eat it over rice and with broccoli.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter